House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
roblpm

Theres No Edinburgh Thread

No Edinburgh thread?? Is that cos everyone has given up in despair??

Still stuff coming on at ridiculous prices where I am but not sure if it is selling. Fixed prices are increasing but I think desirable stuff still selling very quickly.

Nothing is selling in Edinburgh. It's stalemate.

Want to know who told me that last week?

An estate agent. Well, the young, large tie knotted lackey that shows potential buyers around houses anyways, not the one that owns the franchise.

Edinburghs always been my favourite City.

Went to University there. Sigh, happy days. Canny Mans, Muscular arms, lots of great friends.

Bought my first flat in Pitt street just off Easter Rd (days of Eric Scheidler and eventually George Best). Sigh.

Old property opposite got pulled down and nice new flats built in their place, my property got spuced up so I sold, making a handfull. ;)

Bought my second flat in Easter Road then enormous interest rate rises forced construction industry to slow down and me to move to London (tried watching West Ham, Charlton, Millwall and Fulham but little attraction).

Many years later here I am in Hong Kong.

I visited Edinburgh last year and it still seemed very very trendy.

Lots of the eyesores near the city centre were removed and nice upmarket places built in their place.

Won't property in inner Edinburgh (The New Town etc) hold their value better than places out in the subburbs?