House Price Crash Forum
The Hooded C law

Uk Taxman Deals In Stolen Goods

According to a brief report on R4 this morning HMRC has paid a criminal for details of UK customer accounts.

The man who worked in a Lichtenstein bank had previously sold details of bank customers to the German tax authorites for £3 million. HMRC paid this criminal £100,000 for the details of British account holders.

My understanding is that under Lichtenstein's Strict Banking Laws this constitutes a criminal offence.

Link

DO the ends justify the means in regards to this stolen information?Should people who steal personal information in this way be rewarded by the state?

According to a brief report on R4 this morning HMRC has paid a criminal for details of UK customer accounts.

The man who worked in a Lichtenstein bank had previously sold details of bank customers to the German tax authorites for £3 million. HMRC paid this criminal £100,000 for the details of British account holders.

My understanding is that under Lichtenstein's Strict Banking Laws this constitutes a criminal offence.

Link

DO the ends justify the means in regards to this stolen information?Should people who steal personal information in this way be rewarded by the state?

...if it helps to 'get' people fiddling the country....I'm for it..... <_<

Link

There are no ends.

Causality does not stop.

And theft is theft. The taxman is already a thief.

There are no ends.

Causality does not stop.

And theft is theft. The taxman is already a thief.

I appreciate your position vis-a-vis taxation and even the very existance of the state Injin. For the sake of this thread can we just stick to the aspect of theft highlighted?

I appreciate your position vis-a-vis taxation and even the very existance of the state Injin. For the sake of this thread can we just stick to the aspect of theft highlighted?

Sure, if you want to ignore reality, be my guest. My position is logical, rational and actual. All else is nonsense.

However, to be polite and go along with your wishes -

As I said above, there are no ends. Therefore means cannot be justified by claiming ends.

Next up - is there a crime commited?

Nope. No victim.

And finally - there is no state, just some mad people who think things exist which don't.

Sure, if you want to ignore reality, be my guest. My position is logical, rational and actual. All else is nonsense.

As I said above, there are no ends. Therefore means cannot be justified by claiming ends.

Nope. No victim.

And finally - there is no state, just some mad people who think things exist which don't.

that's kind of like saying that the Church doesn't exist, just because you don't believe god exists.

Nope. No victim.

Dear God... <_<

that's kind of like saying that the Church doesn't exist, just because you don't believe god exists.

The church doesn't exist.

Neither does god.

This is just true. Peopel can act differently but so what?

Don't rise to it...

I expect to Injin "the Church" doesn't exist nor does any social construct... Jeebus he's got ME rising to it now!!! Arrgghhhh!

The church doesn't exist.

Neither does god.

This is just true. Peopel can act differently but so what?

I'm sure this knowledge was just as much of a comfort to the people that went through the inquisition as it will be to the people going through any future "taxation adjustments."

even if it is only other people's "beliefs," and not true reality, other people's beliefs can have a marked impact on your own.

Unless you think you are Neo, the one true creator of the Matrix.

And if that is the case, please matrix me up a nice seaside cottage if you find the time, thanks.

Edited by Mr Nice

Don't rise to it...

I expect to Injin "the Church" doesn't exist nor does any social construct... Jeebus he's got ME rising to it now!!! Arrgghhhh!

There is nothing to rise to. It's just true,

I'm sure this knowledge was just as much of a comfort to the people that went through the inquisition as it will be to the people going through any future "taxation adjustments."

Being tortured changes reality, does it?

Orwell had some things to say about that.

Being tortured changes reality, does it?

Orwell had some things to say about that.

it isn't that torture changes reality.

it's that not believing in the existential "reality" of your torturers isn't much comfort when they put you on the wheel.

it isn't that torture changes reality.

it's that not believing in the existential "reality" of your torturers isn't much comfort when they put you on the wheel.

I am pleased to note you have no illusions about the tax people.

To the question in hand;

If you look at it in terms of being compensation paid to a whistle-blower who may never get a proper job again then its OK I suppose, but that is a rather sneaky way of presenting it.

More realistically, it is morally reprehensible and a great insult to Lichtenstein. But then tax evasion is morally reprehensible and Lichtenstein facilitating in it other countries is an insult as well.

So, I don't see it as a huge problem.

And Injun, I really thought all this stuff was settled in 1651. Nasty, brutish and short indeed... but enough about Ann Widdicombe.

But then tax evasion is morally reprehensible and Lichtenstein facilitating in it other countries is an insult as well.

Care to explain how refusing to pay money to fund chav culture and the destruction of Iraq and Afghanistan is 'morally reprehensible'?

To the question in hand;

If you look at it in terms of being compensation paid to a whistle-blower who may never get a proper job again then its OK I suppose, but that is a rather sneaky way of presenting it.

More realistically, it is morally reprehensible and a great insult to Lichtenstein. But then tax evasion is morally reprehensible and Lichtenstein facilitating in it other countries is an insult as well.

So, I don't see it as a huge problem.

And Injun, I really thought all this stuff was settled in 1651. Nasty, brutish and short indeed... but enough about Ann Widdicombe.

I can't see how Lichtenstein is facilitating a crime. As soon as the money passes Lichtenstein's borders it is subject to Lichtenstein's Laws.

I assume there is a due process in Law in Lichtenstein for dealing with any proceeds of crime with a burden of proof etc etc.

As far as I can see Lichtenstein hasn't done anything to injure our sovereignty. If the money leaves our jurisdiction it falls into theirs. It's as simple as that.

Hiring a bloke to steal personal and confidential data is IMHO engaging in criminal activity. I'm pretty shocked HMRC would stoop to this level. How long before this is brought up as a defence against data theft in this country? I'm betting the lawyers of the wealthy individuals will have a field day with this and will make any evidence obtained in this way inadmissible in court.

Of course the individuals involved should pay the tax due however 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I can't see how Lichtenstein is facilitating a crime. As soon as the money passes Lichtenstein's borders it is subject to Lichtenstein's Laws.

I assume there is a due process in Law in Lichtenstein for dealing with any proceeds of crime with a burden of proof etc etc.

As far as I can see Lichtenstein hasn't done anything to injure our sovereignty. If the money leaves our jurisdiction it falls into theirs. It's as simple as that.

Hiring a bloke to steal personal and confidential data is IMHO engaging in criminal activity. I'm pretty shocked HMRC would stoop to this level. How long before this is brought up as a defence against data theft in this country? I'm betting the lawyers of the wealthy individuals will have a field day with this and will make any evidence obtained in this way inadmissible in court.

Of course the individuals involved should pay the tax due however 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Lichtenstein?

How tall is he? What colour eyes does he have?

You believe such nonsense.

Mr Lichtenstein small chap, blue eyes - quite wealthy.

Good show. At least you now know how to identify the chief witnesses in this "case", Lichetenstein, HMRC etc