House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FrozenOut

Payrises - Inflation Target

My employer is giving 2.8% as a starter, I'm glad to say I managed to score 5%. Two fingers up to Gordon's Miracle.

Standard RPI. This is how the not-for-profit sector avoids making profits.

i'll need to negotiate soon..my employer tends to give yearly increases just slightly above inflation...the usual 2% or so..

any links to back up my argument for a 5%+ increase based on inflation would be most welcome

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I was almost certainly underpaid but

+82%

:D

Paper rounds don't count.

If I'd have stayed with my previous employer, probably nothing. So I moved this year for a 18.7% rise in basic, up to 44% with commission. Even then I'll still be only around 2001 levels - the last 7 years have been painful in high tech.

Well none of you lot are going to be financing a hyperinflationary holocaust are you?

:lol:

Let's not forget tax and NI have got to come off these inflation busting pay rises of around 3.5% .

0% for the 2nd year running, unless my appeal against my job evaluation score is upheld. If not it'll be a 10% cut next year - fun, particularly when I'm slightly under average wage as it is.

I was awarded 3.86, above average for my company(communications engineering), but I decided to move sideways to a different position and they gave me an extra percent on top for doing so....plus a host of irrelevant benefits.

0% for the 2nd year running, unless my appeal against my job evaluation score is upheld. If not it'll be a 10% cut next year - fun, particularly when I'm slightly under average wage as it is.

Public sector job??

1.25%

A lot of the people I work with who earn more than me, by working more, will lose more when the upper limit for NI is raised than they got as a pay rise. I stopped working full time for a number of reasons, one of them was that losing half the top slice of your pay in tax and NI made working those extra hours feel very un rewarding.

i got 7.6%, which i was a bit disappointed at - have had 15/25% raises the last few years but now sort of peaked for my duties.

Did get 60% bonus, plus around 30% retainer bonus not to leave this year.