House Price Crash Forum

Fear, Loathing And Graffiti The Nightmare Of City Living In Birmingham.

history repeats

My so called landlord bought 54 properties off plan in one block purchase at the end of 2006.

The management company have been unable to contact them and the Landlord (Midas Holding International) appear to have done either done a runner or are just avoiding paying the tens of thousands it has in arrears for the upkeep of the building.

Here is the info I have from company's house, it appears they have never filed accounts and they are now overdue.

Name & Registered Office:

MIDAS HOLDINGS (INTERNATIONAL) LIMITED

5 CHASE HOUSE PARK PLAZA

HAYES WAY

CANNOCK

WEST MIDLANDS WS12 2DD

Company No. 05668289

Date of Incorporation: 06/01/2006

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7032 - Manage real estate, fee or contract

Accounting Reference Date: 31/01

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 06/11/2007 OVERDUE

Last Return Made Up To: 06/01/2007

Next Return Due: 03/02/2008

My flat was sold for about a quarter of a million pounds, its in Birmingham, yes Birmingham not the Bahamas not Miami, flipping Birmingham,, its a one bedroom flat. I rest my case m'lord.

The building in question if the "Flagship" regeneration of the Eastside in Birmingham, The Abacus Building, in Digbeth.

Abacus Digbeth

I went to a coucil meeting the other night attended by the head of planning for Birmingham, Clive Dutton.

Im Clive Dutton

It was interesting that he mentioned problems ahead for planning because of the credit crunch. He mentioned developers getting cold feet, pulling out etc. I wonder if he is worried about the 700 flats he has just commissioned further down in Digbeth, heralded as the next Brindley Place.

Bradford Street, Total Disaster in the making.

Anyway for anyone interested in the benefits of city center living here a picture of the graffiti in my stairwell that appeared the other night in my so called luxury executive apartment. Clearly evidence that chavs, dss are now being offered rented accommodation here.

Graffiti in sold called executive flats

I'm just glad that im renting and my lease is up in two months time.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My so called landlord bought 54 properties off plan in one block purchase at the end of 2006.

The management company have been unable to contact them and the Landlord (Midas Holding International) appear to have done either done a runner or are just avoiding paying the tens of thousands it has in arrears for the upkeep of the building.

Here is the info I have from company's house, it appears they have never filed accounts and they are now overdue.

5 CHASE HOUSE PARK PLAZA

HAYES WAY

CANNOCK

WEST MIDLANDS WS12 2DD

Company No. 05668289

My flat was sold for about a quarter of a million pounds, its in Birmingham, yes Birmingham not the Bahamas not Miami, flipping Birmingham,, its a one bedroom flat. I rest my case m'lord.

The building in question if the "Flagship" regeneration of the Eastside in Birmingham, The Abacus Building, in Digbeth.

Abacus Digbeth

I went to a coucil meeting the other night attended by the head of planning for Birmingham, Clive Dutton.

Im Clive Dutton

It was interesting that he mentioned problems ahead for planning because of the credit crunch. He mentioned developers getting cold feet, pulling out etc. I wonder if he is worried about the 700 flats he has just commissioned further down in Digbeth, heralded as the next Brindley Place.

Anyway for anyone interested in the benefits of city center living here a picture of the graffiti in my stairwell that appeared the other night in my so called luxury executive apartment. Clearly evidence that chavs, dss are now being offered rented accommodation here.

Is the number they have drawn the value of your flat in Turkish Lira next year?

It might not have been chavs, it might have been educated people making a point.

I notice the 06-08 underneath the main section, are these futuristic chavs?

I don't suppose something like this could have happened, could it...

1) Buy a load of flats, 100% BTL mortgage, at developer's valuation

2) Accept 10% cash 'gift' from grateful developer who thought flats would never sell for such an inflated price

3) Do runner, change name

4) Repeat as often as you think you can get away with it... :blink:

There are 9 pathfinder areas in England, I think they go through a trillion pounds or something. It consists of putting up railings, CCTV, car parking spaces and demolishing shops. Building clone high streets and being ripped off by the builders who underqoute and then go into receivership, Compulsary purchase orders where the new barrat home costs 80K more than you were given.

Failing to fix any of the underlying reasons for deprivation and crime while refusing to repair homes under threat of demolition, so one old lady ends up living in a empty street or social cleansing on a grand scale.

http://www.knuttoncrossheath.co.uk/Environ...provements.html

Before

Image1thumb.jpg

After?

Image2thumb.jpg

Before

Peake-Street-Before_thumb.jpg

After?

Peake-street-after_thumb.jpg

Before

Weston_Rd_before.jpg

After??

Weston_Rd_after.jpg

Before

Image9thumb.jpg

After?????

Image10thumb.jpg

Launched in 2002, the government has committed £2.2 billion to fund the initiative up to 2011.

It has already seen 40,000 homes refurbished, 1,110 built and 10,200 demolished

Edited by maxwell

I don't suppose something like this could have happened, could it...

1) Buy a load of flats, 100% BTL mortgage, at developer's valuation

2) Accept 10% cash 'gift' from grateful developer who thought flats would never sell for such an inflated price

3) Do runner, change name

4) Repeat as often as you think you can get away with it... :blink:

5) Scarper with any rent money you manage to get from tenants, don't pay loan company.

:lol:

One would have thought that an executive flat would at the very least attract Banksy-style graffiti, not your common or garden crap. What is the world coming to?

One would have thought that an executive flat would at the very least attract Banksy-style graffiti, not your common or garden crap. What is the world coming to?

I wouldn't mind some Bansky, I could buy the flat chop out the wall sell it on ebay and still be quids in.

Banksy

5 CHASE HOUSE PARK PLAZA

HAYES WAY

CANNOCK

WEST MIDLANDS WS12 2DD

Company No. 05668289

Abacus Digbeth

Im Clive Dutton

What do you expect in relation to an area with Bradford in the name. Could be worse, could actually be in Bradford*.

*(Bratfu'd as we know it up 'ere)

Home of the Lunar Society – not a very educated bunch... -_-

Look if I wanted to live in Bombay I would go to Bombay !! Lets face it Brum not Brum (not Crossroads )

Like the east End of London. (nothing like eastenders ) Conditioning the public!

Edited by faloos

5 CHASE HOUSE PARK PLAZA

HAYES WAY

CANNOCK

WEST MIDLANDS WS12 2DD

Company No. 05668289

Abacus Digbeth

Im Clive Dutton

Are the directors named by any chance?

5 CHASE HOUSE PARK PLAZA

HAYES WAY

CANNOCK

WEST MIDLANDS WS12 2DD

Company No. 05668289

Abacus Digbeth

Im Clive Dutton

I know the area well.

The idea of the Spotted Dog closing because some clowns moved in next door that couldn't handle the noise, is ridiculous. DON'T MOVE INTO THE AREA THEN. The pub is cracking, and would be a loss to Birmingham and Digbeth.

If you want a laugh, go into the Sales Office for the new block that's just been finished on Cheapside. They've got a full 3D model of the planned development of Digbeth over the next 5 years.

It basically means HUNDREDS, literally HUNDREDS of these types of flats. They still havent sold the ones that are already there!

I know the area well.

The idea of the Spotted Dog closing because some clowns moved in next door that couldn't handle the noise, is ridiculous. DON'T MOVE INTO THE AREA THEN. The pub is cracking, and would be a loss to Birmingham and Digbeth.

If you want a laugh, go into the Sales Office for the new block that's just been finished on Cheapside. They've got a full 3D model of the planned development of Digbeth over the next 5 years.

It basically means HUNDREDS, literally HUNDREDS of these types of flats. They still havent sold the ones that are already there!

When I asked on one of my earlier posts a couple of months ago about picking up a modern city centre flat in birmingham for around £50K in the next year or so I was ridiculed :( . I think I will be getting one sooner than I expected for nearer £40K by the look of it :lol::lol:

When I asked on one of my earlier posts a couple of months ago about picking up a modern city centre flat in birmingham for around £50K in the next year or so I was ridiculed :( . I think I will be getting one sooner than I expected for nearer £40K by the look of it :lol::lol:

As far as they are worth - yes, 50/60k. However, as is the current malaise in the housing market, until sellers start being reaslistic in their valuations, it may be a little too soon to see prices that low this year.

I think we would need to see a developer building one of these eyesores to go bust before prices take a significant tumble when a whole block of them ends up at auction.

It will happen sooner or later tho..

As far as they are worth - yes, 50/60k. However, as is the current malaise in the housing market, until sellers start being reaslistic in their valuations, it may be a little too soon to see prices that low this year.

I think we would need to see a developer building one of these eyesores to go bust before prices take a significant tumble when a whole block of them ends up at auction.

It will happen sooner or later tho..

A 2 bed in the Mailbox went at auction in december for £101K...........2003 it was £245K. It must put a one bed at around £80K at the moment. Bring HPC on baby :lol::lol:

A 2 bed in the Mailbox went at auction in december for £101K...........2003 it was £245K. It must put a one bed at around £80K at the moment. Bring HPC on baby :lol::lol:

The whole of central Birmingham is in trouble. People forever mention Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester as being vunerable regarding these new build flats....Birmingham has thousands of 'em, and is gong to get hit hard.

Im looking to move over to Moseley way, and even there they are looking at 150k for a two bedroomed "luxury" flat? What's luxurious about living in a shoe box with no garden, and neighbours above, below and either side of you: i'll never know!!

I had a mate who moved into Cheapside in Digbeth 18 months ago. Part buy - part rent, and he's assuming that he has must have made money since he moved in. I haven't the heart to tell him that they haven't sold all the flats in his block yet, and since he moved in there is another huge empty block next door that has been completed, with plans for another 2/3 blocks as part of the Digbeth "re-devlopment" with the land preparation well under way.

Its going to get messy....

The whole of central Birmingham is in trouble. People forever mention Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester as being vunerable regarding these new build flats....Birmingham has thousands of 'em, and is gong to get hit hard.

Im looking to move over to Moseley way, and even there they are looking at 150k for a two bedroomed "luxury" flat? What's luxurious about living in a shoe box with no garden, and neighbours above, below and either side of you: i'll never know!!

I had a mate who moved into Cheapside in Digbeth 18 months ago. Part buy - part rent, and he's assuming that he has must have made money since he moved in. I haven't the heart to tell him that they haven't sold all the flats in his block yet, and since he moved in there is another huge empty block next door that has been completed, with plans for another 2/3 blocks as part of the Digbeth "re-devlopment" with the land preparation well under way.

Do you remember when BTLers camped all night outside the Rotunda in 2004 and every flat was sold in 20 mins ? Some bought 4 or 5 :lol: . The flats have still not been finished. I wonder how much they have dropped in price :lol::lol:

Do you remember when BTLers camped all night outside the Rotunda in 2004 and every flat was sold in 20 mins ? Some bought 4 or 5 :lol: . The flats have still not been finished. I wonder how much they have dropped in price :lol::lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-676...=3&tr_t=buy Is a one bed on for 197k....can't find out how much it went for originally.

Check this out:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/content/ar...e_feature.shtml

"Apartments in Birmingham's iconic Rotunda building have gone on sale, with buyers queueing through the night for a slice of Birmingham's infamous skyline."

Do we think "infamous" was a typo?? :lol:

I'm across the road from Cheapside, what amazes me is that Birmingham City Council have planned all these thousands of flats but have not provided any infrastructure such as shops, cash machines or garages. If I walk outside my flat on Bradford Street there is loads of broken glass, drunks, hoodies and concrete. Well established areas such as Moseley and Edgbaston are suddenly seeming much more appealing. I'm renting so I can just vote with my feet and move back to Edgbaston (from where I moved) but if Birmingham City Council want law abiding, working, productive people like me to stay they must provide the infrastructure otherwise it will be filled with Mr and Mrs DSS tenants and the area will go down hill faster than a lead balloon.

Over the last decade Birmingham City Council and many other municipal councils have embarked on a demolition program of 60's tower blocks, unless some action it taken by modern city planners, its seems that history will repeat itself.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-676...=3&tr_t=buy Is a one bed on for 197k....can't find out how much it went for originally.

Check this out:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/content/ar...e_feature.shtml

"Apartments in Birmingham's iconic Rotunda building have gone on sale, with buyers queueing through the night for a slice of Birmingham's infamous skyline."

Do we think "infamous" was a typo?? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: bet those buyers are not smiling now. It will be worth watching over the coming months. £197K with no car parking is madness. Did you know that the entire Rotunda only cost £750K to build in 1964

I'm across the road from Cheapside, what amazes me is that Birmingham City Council have planned all these thousands of flats but have not provided any infrastructure such as shops, cash machines or garages. If I walk outside my flat on Bradford Street there is loads of broken glass, drunks, hoodies and concrete. Well established areas such as Moseley and Edgbaston are suddenly seeming much more appealing. I'm renting so I can just vote with my feet and move back to Edgbaston (from where I moved) but if Birmingham City Council want law abiding, working, productive people like me to stay they must provide the infrastructure otherwise it will be filled with Mr and Mrs DSS tenants and the area will go down hill faster than a lead balloon.

Over the last decade Birmingham City Council and many other municipal councils have embarked on a demolition program of 60's tower blocks, unless some action it taken by modern city planners, its seems that history will repeat itself.

Completely agree. There is very little locally. I think the nearest cash point is even a good 10 minute walk away from Digbeth.

The area does have some nice pubs, but the locals now seem to want to close them down because of the noise! Madness..