House Price Crash Forum

"house Prices Set To Fall By 7% In Next Two Years" - Times

RBS will be writing off USD12bn losses this quarter (Barclays about USD6bn) and UK house prices will fall between 50% and 70% in the next 2 years. The Dow will fall 37% this year and the financial sector will break up and their stock prices fall so low that nobody takes up the rights issues and the SWF's hold countries to ransom. Grim stuff

Fintag's predictions today http://www.fintag.com/

Obviously they must have meant in the next two months. :rolleyes:

just how many 28yr olds are on 350k pa ??

not many. some but not even 1% of 28yrs olds id guess.

so they use this as the example. whats thr point. this is no comparison to anything relevant.

one thing thats pissed me off most about the crash is the blind assumptions that people are all on rocket money.

= so its ok to ask stupid money for ordinary homes.

so on that street are 30 people are on 350k or more.

i dont believe it.

just how many 28yr olds are on 350k pa ??

not many. some but not even 1% of 28yrs olds id guess.

so they use this as the example. whats thr point. this is no comparison to anything relevant.

one thing thats pissed me off most about the crash is the blind assumptions that people are all on rocket money.

= so its ok to ask stupid money for ordinary homes.

so on that street are 30 people are on 350k or more.

i dont believe it.

Irony. It's a bit like coppery or tinny, Baldrick.

Something I don't fully understand on this forum is the idea that people jump straight into the housing market into a 4 bedroom house. I would say my parents were above average earners and yet we didn't have a 4 bedroom detached house until I was 10. I think people have a warped view of how housing works. You don't just jump in above half way on the so called ladder, you start at the bottom like everyone else.

Something I don't fully understand on this forum is the idea that people jump straight into the housing market into a 4 bedroom house. I would say my parents were above average earners and yet we didn't have a 4 bedroom detached house until I was 10. I think people have a warped view of how housing works. You don't just jump in above half way on the so called ladder, you start at the bottom like everyone else.

The property ladder is supposed to reflect the career ladder. You get promotion, earn more, can afford to borrow more and thus move to a larger house etc.. There's NO ladderesque benefit in getting a sh1t starter home unless you are one of those people who needs a massive debt hanging over you to prevent you spending any savings on crack or some such ******.

Actually renting and saving is better than paying twice the amount in interest to a bank for the same property as a mortgage, if you are looking to move up the housing foodchain. The only time this doesnt follow is when rent is greater than the equivalent interest payments (hasnt been since mid nineties) OR you are a believer in capital appreciation, which doesnt actually do you any favours because the next house up the "ladder" is proportionally more expensive as well, and will actually require a greater nominal sum to make the jump up.

The ladder has had its rungs kicked out for some time now, its more a pair of stilts!

This is just genius and sums up London quite succintly. London is going to be the epicentre of the crash, this is 100% correct, guaranteed. When a 1 bedroomed flat near Brixton almost doubles in price from 150k to 295k in the space of just five years, we're firmly in bubble territory. <_<

1588334172_9c6b698cc4_o_1_.jpg

1588334172_9c6b698cc4_o.jpg

i actually applied for a mortgage today and got a 6% deal...... surely noone pays much more than this as a FTB?

i actually applied for a mortgage today and got a 6% deal...... surely noone pays much more than this as a FTB?

That's probably about average. Unless you're subprime in which case it would be a good rate.

Why are FTB and remortgages seperate. Both groups need the same thing.. a loan so why bother differentiating.