House Price Crash Forum

To all who watched "London Tonight"

HOLA441

Welcome all those who watched the "London Tonight" programme.

I am one of the people featured in the programme. I sold last year to rent and I believe property prices will crash.

I will be around here tonight and I am also a regular poster, so if you have any questions or need any advice on STR, fire away.

Oh, and one more thing, do not believe anything that Kirst Allsop may have said in the programme. She has no idea about macroecomics and she has a vested interest in property prices going up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I fear that Kirsty is worried about being out of a job when the market crashes!

How dare she say that this type of website is irresponsible. It is the type of property programmes which she shoves down our necks every night that have left us in this inflationary mess. :angry:

All this website is doing is commentating on the facts as they are presented to us through the media and bringing together those people who share a similar viewpoint.

Kirsty is a millionaire and probably has countless houses around the world.....but I think that she should take time out to consider those that are not even lucky enough to buy even their first home due to todays ridiculous house prices......which includes myself.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I havent seen it yet - but well done guys!! Let us know when we have a link on the site.

Its annoying that they let someone like Kirsty on as a 'property expert' - but thats just typical!! The crash is coming whether she agrees with it or not though!!

:ph34r: (thats me in my crash helmet by the way)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Hi People,

Just wanted to say I've seen the London Tonight article and as a first time buyer, I am sorry to say I am wishing a house price crash ASAP.

I am a software Analyst who earnt over fourty thousand pounds last year, I have now got savings OVER twenty-five thousand pounds and I can't even afford a decent house on my own...... A one bedroom flat is even out of my reach (bearing in mind I'm not prepared to borrow irresponsibly)

Being of single status and venturing in to the property market is a distant dream, it's also extremely embarrassing have to tell people I still live with my parents ..........at nearly 30 years of age.

.......Sorry Kirsty, but I am sick to the back teeth of living in a small room at my parents, wheather this site triggers the down turn or it happens of natural causes, I really don't care anymore, bringing misery to millions ? Think about the people who are living in misery themselves, who also deserve a right to build themselves some sort of future.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

You say that Kirsty has a vested interest in prices going up. But seem to forget that you have a vested interest going down!!! You have no right to take any kind of moral high ground on this issue and say that you are considering legal action against her but I can assure you have no case whatsoever.

I agree the housing market is volatile at the moment and the sustained price rises we have seen over the past few years must not continue. But you must be able to see that a crash will NOT benefit anybody. A crash will have huge ramifications for the whole economy over a number of years.

By aggrevating the situation with this website, I feel you lack a vision of the bigger picture. In short a crash is bad news for everyone, including you.

HOLA4412

To collude with other to depress the price of a SPECIFIC share would be illegal (under the FSMA market abuse provisions). Similarly, doing the same to talk up a specific share is also illegal.

Seperately, there are FSMA rules about who and how you can provide investment advice in regulated areas (e.g. shares etc). However, there is NO part of the FSMA or general law which prevents people from expressing views on the GENERALITY of share prices. It would be perfectly legitimate for example to set up a stockmarketcrash website predicting a crash due to overvaluation.

So Kirsty is wrong about this as she is wrong about everything else.

Furthermore, she has slandered the motives of the webmaster and of Gavin and Bubble Pr*cker. Not bad for a days work Kirsty - you ignorant slanderous cow.

:ph34r:

HOLA4413
The question is that if you were thinking of buying a house, would that programme make you think again? My feeling is that it wouldn't really have much impact one way or the other.

As a prospective first time buyer I am keen to see prices deflate - I am 28 living in Essex with a well paid job, I am unable to 'get on the ladder' to purchase a reasonable property - I probably could *just* afford to buy a tiny flat in a horrid area for insane money but I really am not prepared to stretch myself financially to buy something bordering on a bedsit, at my age & salary a reasonable 1 bedroom flat in reasonable area shouldn't be out of my reach!

The program tonight has strengthened my resolve to hold fire - if all of us First Time Buyers hold fire the market has to come around sooner or later!

What with that smug cow "Kirsty" implying house prices are set in stone! Is she looking at the bigger picture or just her own interests?

Sure employment is high, but so is the number of employees with no place to call home from unrealistic property prices!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I have no quarms in admitting I'm jealous and bitter about the property market.

30 years old and nowhere to live and only 'one life' - lets think of something a little more original to come out with then us actually being jealous rking, that pal is a ridiculously obvious thing to come out with.

How is your property by the way, I assume you could 'cash in' if you wanted to ?

HOLA4418
And what are the motives of Gavin and Bubble Pr*cker?

Take a look in the mirror for a moment guys and think about what your really doing! It's pathetic! Are you really that bitter about the bouyant housing market?!

Have you spent your equity? You sound touchy.

HOLA4419

SO WHY WAS THE SITE SET UP? ITS NOT LIKE YOU GUYS EXCHANGE TIPS ALL DAY LONG ON RENTING OR LONG TERM STRATEGIES......ALL YOU WANT AND TALK ABOUT IS A CRASH.

I CAME ON HERE. I AM A SUCCESFULL LANDLORD,(LIKE IT OR NOT) I THINK THERE WAS PERHAPS ONE PERSON ASKED ME FOR ADVICE (ABOUT PROPERTY) THE REST OF YOU JUST DISSED ME AND CALLED ME ALL THE ''F'S'' AND ''C'S'' UNDER THE SUN. SO ITS HARDLY A CONSTRUCTIVE SITE FOR YOUR PLIGHT IS IT? ITS JUST ONE BIG BACK SLAP AND ONE BIG FINGERS CROSSED EFFORT.

REGARDS BBB

HOLA4420

Not really BBB. The website was set up for the plight of first time buyers it just so happens that we have attracted quite a lot of people that have also sold their houses to rent.

We couldn't get any potential first-time buyers to appear on TV so it was this or nothing.

HOLA4421

rking states

I agree the housing market is volatile at the moment and the sustained price rises we have seen over the past few years must not continue. But you must be able to see that a crash will NOT benefit anybody. A crash will have huge ramifications for the whole economy over a number of years.

By aggrevating the situation with this website, I feel you lack a vision of the bigger picture. In short a crash is bad news for everyone, including you.

I have £100,000 grand in the bank, service sector job and no house. How will a price crash not benefit me?

You then later say

Take a look in the mirror for a moment guys and think about what your really doing! It's pathetic! Are you really that bitter about the bouyant housing market?!

how is prices doubling in the last few years a bouyant market.

Some people.

HOLA4422

If, by some bizzarre twist of economics house prices were not to return to trend then so much money would be sucked into the property market that it would cause a recession via the reduction of disposable income. Then house prices would return to trend.

It's an economic certainty - it just remains to be seen how exactly it plays out.

HOLA4423
SO WHY WAS THE SITE SET UP? ITS NOT LIKE YOU GUYS EXCHANGE TIPS ALL DAY LONG ON RENTING OR LONG TERM STRATEGIES......ALL YOU WANT AND TALK ABOUT IS A CRASH.

I CAME ON HERE. I AM A SUCCESFULL LANDLORD,(LIKE IT OR NOT) I THINK THERE WAS PERHAPS ONE PERSON ASKED ME FOR ADVICE (ABOUT PROPERTY) THE REST OF YOU JUST DISSED ME AND CALLED ME ALL THE ''F'S'' AND ''C'S'' UNDER THE SUN. SO ITS HARDLY A CONSTRUCTIVE SITE FOR YOUR PLIGHT IS IT? ITS JUST ONE BIG BACK SLAP AND ONE BIG FINGERS CROSSED EFFORT.

REGARDS BBB

Surely all the STR's are in your favour then!

Mr Successful landlord Sir.

HOLA4424
I AM A SUCCESFULL LANDLORD,(LIKE IT OR NOT) I THINK THERE WAS PERHAPS ONE PERSON ASKED ME FOR ADVICE (ABOUT PROPERTY) THE REST OF YOU JUST DISSED ME AND CALLED ME ALL THE ''F'S'' AND ''C'S'' UNDER THE SUN.

Serious question then, what would your advice be to someone with 80k in cash and a 40k salary who is looking to buy their first house but is concerned that the market is looking more than a little unstable?

HOLA4425

My two cents worth. (Posted earlier on the old site)

I have worked on many TV interviews often live, I have also worked as an off line Editor. The HPC team came over as stable and very reasonable.

Kirsty was emotional and made a mess of it. The facial expression let alone what she said was a give away.

She was rattled 100%. She might be forgiven as she has recently run off with a millionaire property developer and his wife is none too happy. Combine this with her shaky portfolio and her doctrine, you have a problem.

Insider dealing ? Can we get Nathan and his anus on the case.

Well done guys.