House Price Crash Forum

Selling A House..and Throwing In Porsche As Part Of Deal

TDH270

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Can't help thinking he'd stand a better chance of selling if he just dropped the price by 20K....

It's a newbuild 3 bed house. I reckon a drop from £1.27M to about £250k should shift it.

HOLA444

Not even worth it during the boom, it's next to a main road

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...5&encType=1

They aren't on the houseprices but the neighbours are selling up as well with a 5 bed that's gone up 69% in 3 years!!

16 16/12/2005 £795,000 Det. F Yes Map Solent View House, Whately Road, Milford On Sea, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 0XS

For Sale SOLENT VIEW HOUSE WHATLEY ROAD

PRICE: £1,350,000 Freehold

http://www.pauljackson.co.uk/property.asp?uniqueid=598

So the 3 bed must have been more than more than 75K cheaper and trying for £1,275,000

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Lol... Look at his picture in the paper... Look like a real w@nker... He is disrespecting someone's Porche by leaning on it and with his foot on the wheel... What's he playing at!! Grrrr!!! :o

It's angled so you just can't read the registration - I reckon it's a very early Boxster, so £20k is as cheeky as the house price.

Having said that he's probably hiding the reg because it's "TO5 53R" or similar

HOLA4413
Guest Bart of Darkness
So the 53-year-old came up with the novel idea of offering his beloved £20,000 Porsche Boxster free with the sale of the property.

Yes, very novel idea. I'm sure no one's ever done that before. <_<

HOLA4414
Get two depreciating assets for the price of one! what a F****n bargain :blink:

More importantly, i bet they try and include the car in the mortgage!!!! read: mortgage fraud.

But truthfully, whoever siad it up top is spot on, noone who buys this house is going to want his sh&11y boxter.,

HOLA4415
More importantly, i bet they try and include the car in the mortgage!!!! read: mortgage fraud.

But truthfully, whoever siad it up top is spot on, noone who buys this house is going to want his sh&11y boxter.,

I will head down the Northern Crock first thing for 125% percent mortgage. The extra £250k will be enough for a new life in Australia and a free car too, bargain!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
  • 2 months later...
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Shedfish
Reason No 1 for having a boxster?

Can't afford a 911

too much Clarkson imho - the Boxster has better weight distribution (centre of mass is in the centre, not in the ar5e), so it's more nimble down the lanes, and won't kill you unless you drive like a kamikaze pilot.

then there's the 93 million miles of headroom

The Boxster is a great deal at £10k second hand. It's a real porsche and by any real measure the performance is superb. Only a wannabe macho castrato would dismiss it as a "girl's car".

agree totally. that one in the pic is a 986 - you can tell by the 'fried egg' headlights, which means the 20k price is cheeky, even if it's an 'S', and even if it's an 03 with 14000 on the clock. & when Darling's new tax bands hit you'll be wanting a pre March 01...

20k gets you the 987 Boxster (or a 911 if you absolutely have to flop your kn0b on the village green)

(damn, sorry, wrong forum...)

HOLA4421

I love property-bee!

Marketed by Nadene Collins, Rustington.

Telephone 0845 408 6052. (BT 4p/min)

History

date event

26th Apr 2008

* Brief Description changed: IF YOU PURCHASE THIS BUNGALOW THERE WILL BE A FREE GIFT IN THE GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!! CALL TODAY TO ARRANGE A VIEWING........................... A three bedroom detached bungalow situated in central East Preston offered in good order throughout. Viewing advised.

27th Mar 2008

* Brief Description changed: A three bedroom detached bungalow set in a small cul de sac close to East Preston Village shops. IF YOU PURCHASE THIS BUNGALOW THERE WILL BE A FREE GIFT IN THE GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!! CALL TODAY TO ARRANGE A VIEWING...........................

7th Mar 2008

* Price changed: from '£349,995' to '£325,000'

4th Mar 2008

* Initial entry found.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-199...=9&tr_t=buy

HOLA4422
It's angled so you just can't read the registration - I reckon it's a very early Boxster, so £20k is as cheeky as the house price.

I'm a bit of a saddo when it comes to cars, so I can tell from the contours of the front bumper that it's not a very early Boxster, but the facelifted version which was on sale for a short time before the more major redesign that created the Boxster that's in the showrooms today. As such this car is worth between the mid teens and low twenties, depending on mileage and condition. Personally though I'd prefer a very early one so I wasn't caught-up in the punitive road tax bands!

HOLA4423

It is very clearly a Boxster but it is either not all that early (i.e. 2003 or later) or has had significant 'facelifting work'. £20k is not unusual for a Boxster of 4 or 5 years old. What you have to remember is that residual values on Boxsters are better than almost any other car you can buy.

HOLA4424

try getting rid of (as opposed to asking) £20K for a 5 year old (either 52,03 or 53) Boxster, whether an S or not. You'll be extremelly lucky.

As others have said, I'd be buying a 2000 S manual with full leather and 18's with about 70K on it and trying to batter a seller down to £13K.

HOLA4425

Having said that he's probably hiding the reg because it's "TO5 53R" or similar

It's a post facelift (2002ish - 2005) 2.7 Boxster. £20k is probably about right based on other cars I have seen advertised but, as with houses, whether they are selling or not is another thing.