House Price Crash Forum

Come On Cgnao - Wall St Opens In A Minute.

HOLA441
I once trained an IT engineer. His skills were not very good but adequate. He could find his way through some of the problems with a google here & there.

I spent 6 months working with him every day, I transferred my skill base onto his (I was very fortunate to have been trained by some pretty good engineers, but I wasn't the best there was). After the 6 months he was a very competant & able engineer.

He had a vey short memory though, because whenever he was told he was very good he never once acknowledged the source of his learning. He also went on to mock & chastise other engineers who were less abled than him. (in fact these engineers were the same level as he had once been himself).

So did he really learn anything useful from the 6 months with me. :ph34r:

Is this why you are grumpy, old man?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I am going to spell out a hypothetical situation to you:

Big bank has had a few stories about it in the press about potential problems.

It is just preparing to do its quarterly financial figures across the group.

All of a sudden this most important of tasks is cancelled due to all the 'central' financial people getting pulled into something big, that clearly takes precedent over this very important quarterly reporting.

What might you think about that ?

What might they being 'pulled' into ?

As I said hypothetic situation, just wondering what you guys thought.

Edited by ccc

HOLA443
Guest grumpy-old-man
Is this why you are grumpy, old man?

nope.

In real life I am neither grumpy or old. ;)

I am a realist.

I have been a bull of sorts in the past (for my sins :unsure: ) :D

now I have little interest in making money, well I would like to make some money I suppose, otherwise I would be lying.

I do not get virtually offended & have never had a real problem with anyone on this board (even CO :o:P )

Just your average family man trying to get through life in one piece & I have been very lucky upto now :ph34r:

HOLA444
Guest grumpy-old-man

All of a sudden this most important of tasks is cancelled due to all the 'central' financial people getting pulled into something big, that clearly takes precedent over this very important quarterly reporting.

that's interesting.

Hypothetically, what do you think will happen ?

HOLA445
Forget the salt. If you're thinking along those lines, then a supply of fuel (plenty of coal, probably your best bet), and a secure water supply would be much more important - without those, the rice will only be useful for weddings and art workshops for kids.

Yes water and as much as you can get but did you understand why i said salt ?

Not recomended but apparantly water purification tablets can be replaced with bleach and by that i mean a very small drop and then leaving the water for 30 mins or so.

Coal is good but not half as good as my 1000lts of heating oil if only i went out and got a stove for it all and beleive this or not i've hidden the tank to keep others away from it during times of need.

A gallon of petrol in places during WWII cost more than a weeks wages for your average soilder fighting the war and i do encourage you to check that out.

HOLA446
Yes water and as much as you can get but did you understand why i said salt ?

Not recomended but apparantly water purification tablets can be replaced with bleach and by that i mean a very small drop and then leaving the water for 30 mins or so.

Coal is good but not half as good as my 1000lts of heating oil if only i went out and got a stove for it all and beleive this or not i've hidden the tank to keep others away from it during times of need.

A gallon of petrol in places during WWII cost more than a weeks wages for your average soilder fighting the war and i do encourage you to check that out.

Don't forget a means of lighting a fire - now smoking is no longer as common as it was, it's much less common for people to have boxes of matches lying oround the house.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Well i'm happy to report he's not alone in thinking that way and i would recomend the 5KG of rice from Tesco's that comes in at about 3 quid but don't forget a bit of salt to.

I hear they are doing a special on incontinence pants as well, might as well get those in too, just in case.

HOLA449
that's interesting.

Hypothetically, what do you think will happen ?

I have no idea. Hypothetically I would imagine that a reason for this will have been given. And this reason may have actually been quite believable.

But some people with more sceptical minds may think the reason for this hypothetical action may be very different than stated.

HOLA4410
He had a vey short memory though, because whenever he was told he was very good he never once acknowledged the source of his learning. He also went on to mock & chastise other engineers who were less abled than him. (in fact these engineers were the same level as he had once been himself).

This sounds like techie arrogance to me, there's definitely a type like that and I've worked with a number of them. The more low-level they get the more they are like it too. Generally speaking, of course.

I would also say that of the techies I've worked with the ones with more rounded skillset (e.g. some business and/or interpersonal skills too) have been less like this.

(I am also a techie)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

UNPRECIDENTED hey?

I would say the invasion of Iran is definitely on the cards if hyperinflation takes off in the US. With Iran testing rockets now and if John MCain gets to the Whitehouse. The NEO-conservatives will make the Weimer Republic look like a bunch of tree hugging Norweigens.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Hypothetically, I think that the big bank may be about to a) massage some quarterly figures; B) decide amongst the 'central' financial people whether it's time to call it a day, come clean and start the mother of all runs; or c) play dominoes and sing "la-la-la-la-la, we're all alright" until the nastiness passes.

I like the way you spelled it out.

HOLA4416
http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=29177&st=0

Cgnao says in May 2006 that there will be a run on the dollar, buy gold and kiss yer ass good bye! Interesting thread.

Who thinks he is a looney now I ask?

it had already started - if you had listened to me at the time you would have made lots of cash

HOLA4417

what cgnao did wrong was to tease - i knew Paragon were in trouble before it became public knowledge but I couldn't come on here and tell as it would have been more than my job was worth - what i didn't do was come on here and say "something big in the offing...............................but i'm not telling you" - loss of credibility ensues

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Cgnao has just offloaded a short unfinished sentence and like a swarm of flies around sh1t your sitting opened mouthed and wide eyed, i liken it to the Monty python sketch in The Life of Brian....Gaurds come round to safe house that Brian and the peoples judian front are in...hey all hide and Brian ends up giving a public speech but stops halve way through talking b0ll0x, but because he hasn't finished the sentence this annoys a few causing them to shout "come on finish what you where saying" this ensues into mass numbers following Brian through the streets of Jerusalem screaming he is the messiah,but 30 Min's prior he was just a geezer talking b0ll0x.

HOLA4421
Come on

Guys, he's

Not

An

Oracle

i've always classed you as one of the more learnered posters (right or wrong??).

You once classed me as Troll, rightly so as I did a wind up and got found out.

Cgnao, seems to draw attention to his threads because of extreme claims/subjects etc. etc.

The whole Cgnao excapade could be a complete wind up, withdraw yourself from the HPC environment and look at the subjects and content!!

Any other poster would be TROLLED from the www..

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Cgnao has just offloaded a short unfinished sentence and like a swarm of flies around sh1t your sitting opened mouthed and wide eyed.

I wouldn't go that far. Judging by the responses to original thread, the follow-up thread, and this thread, most of us (myself definately included) don't take him especially seriously. I've only been around here for, including lurking, around a year, and his "hit rate" is nothing to write home about compared to a number of other posters on here. However, he does what he does with such style that the whole thing's got wonderful entertainment value. Under no circumstances would I hire him as financial consultant, but if I was after someone to do a bit of online viral marketing* I'd be hammering on his door with fistfuls of whatever payment he takes (some form of fiat, I suspect).

* Hmm. And once again, hmm.

HOLA4425