House Price Crash Forum

With Arnolds at the moment, they seem OK, although the office are slow to get things done, and bad at returning calls etc. They were previously relaxed about inspections, but then they started inspections every 4 months for all properties, which was really getting my goat, but have just relaxed it to every 6 months (still too often in my book, quiet enjoyment and all that, but hey!).

A handyman that came a while ago said they can be reluctant to pay their invoices, but the gasman that came to fix the boiler over Christmas gave them a good review in comparison to other agencies they do work for - I figure these guys have a better idea about the agency than myself, as they have to deal with them more frequently - and it's difficult to tell how much delay is down to the letting agent, or the LL being slow to get back to the LA - although I suspect it's the LAs fault more!

I would say stay well away from JSM - as far away as possible in fact!

Several friends ended up having to go to the small claims court to get their deposits back and when I left a house the letting agent who checked it beforehand spent nearly 2hours checking the house and then they deducted £50 from my deposit as a cupboard door was in her opinion dirty - having had 2 of us spend about 8 hours each cleaning the entire house from top to bottom i wasn't impressed - but they wouldnt budge.

I'd never rent via them again needless to say!

• 2 weeks later...
I would say stay well away from JSM - as far away as possible in fact!

Several friends ended up having to go to the small claims court to get their deposits back and when I left a house the letting agent who checked it beforehand spent nearly 2hours checking the house and then they deducted £50 from my deposit as a cupboard door was in her opinion dirty - having had 2 of us spend about 8 hours each cleaning the entire house from top to bottom i wasn't impressed - but they wouldnt budge.

I'd never rent via them again needless to say!

Thanks for that. We were about to rent from JSM, but ended up with Goddards. Not that much better to be honest, especially with repairs.