House Price Crash Forum

Properties Occupied By 1.3 Million+ Polish Migrants In Uk In 2007

0q0

HOLA441
They are not too dissimilar from your average, dare I say it, working class Brit. They are just trying to get by in a hard climate, will work hard if the opportunities are there and SOME will sponge if it is an easier option. So will millions of our own.

:ph34r:

True but we can not deport British spongers. We can and should deport foreign ones.

We should let immigrants in who are better than the average Brit.

No chavs, no criminals, no spongers and no one who worships a pedophile .

HOLA442
HOLA443

We bought some flats in Germany right on the Polish border and very recently that border was opened fully to allow unfettered migration. Overnight, tenant demand has gone up as a result, indeed so much so, that there are no 2 room appartments left available in the area!

Poles seem to have some kind of wanderlust.

HOLA444
We bought some flats in Germany right on the Polish border and very recently that border was opened fully to allow unfettered migration. Overnight, tenant demand has gone up as a result, indeed so much so, that there are no 2 room appartments left available in the area!

Poles seem to have some kind of wanderlust.

I believe there are in the region of 1,000 empty two bed flats here in Poole, waiting for buyers.

Someone should have shown these developers a map that extended past the counties borders.

HOLA445
True but we can not deport British spongers. We can and should deport foreign ones.

We should let immigrants in who are better than the average Brit.

No chavs, no criminals, no spongers and no one who worships a pedophile .

You have been reading too many tabloids newspapers &/or knocking around with too many tabloid newspaper readers.

The overly simplistic sloganistic prose has convinced you that 'spongers' & 'pedophiles' are truly EVIL, but that Rich Capitalist Elitists who sponge millions of pounds off the workforce & Governments (such as ours) WHO KILL MILLIONS OF PEOPLE in proxy & non proxy wars & by supporting brutal regimes (which torture, maim & kill people - including children) because they are pro-UK & US business interests are okay.

What, don't believe that Britain & America give aid & support to brutal dictatorships because they oppose social reform & support Western Capitalist interests?

They probably couldn't fit that little bit of info in next to all the tits, football & pedophile demonizing rants in your Tabloid Comic of choice.

MANUFACTURE OF CONSENT

What shall we do today to hide the fact that 1000s of children are dieing in Iraq due to our Nation's divide & conquer strategy?

I know, lets create a diversional consensus of opinion by demonizing some hypothetical pedophile by putting another picture of Madeleine McCann on the front cover, because people of low IQs tend to think the life of one white person is far more important than the life of 1000s of Foreigners.

HOLA446

Did anyone see the picture of "Maddie's" kidnapper - he looked like the most evil man ever. ever.

regarding these immigrants.

you british felt it was ok to colonise abroad.

these immigrants are essentially coming here to serve you and the express just wants to stir up public hatred.

the priveliged classes all support immigration as it improves their profits.

they own the papers by the way - but the control methods and noble truths of these papers don't express the sentiments of the owners - only the way they want the rabble to be thinking.

p.s. i'm irish

HOLA447
You have been reading too many tabloids newspapers &/or knocking around with too many tabloid newspaper readers.

The overly simplistic sloganistic prose has convinced you that 'spongers' & 'pedophiles' are truly EVIL, but that Rich Capitalist Elitists who sponge millions of pounds off the workforce & Governments (such as ours) WHO KILL MILLIONS OF PEOPLE in proxy & non proxy wars & by supporting brutal regimes (which torture, maim & kill people - including children) because they are pro-UK & US business interests are okay.

What, don't believe that Britain & America give aid & support to brutal dictatorships because they oppose social reform & support Western Capitalist interests?

They probably couldn't fit that little bit of info in next to all the tits, football & pedophile demonizing rants in your Tabloid Comic of choice.

MANUFACTURE OF CONSENT

What shall we do today to hide the fact that 1000s of children are dieing in Iraq due to our Nation's divide & conquer strategy?

I know, lets create a diversional consensus of opinion by demonizing some hypothetical pedophile by putting another picture of Madeleine McCann on the front cover, because people of low IQs tend to think the life of one white person is far more important than the life of 1000s of Foreigners.

What a load of complete and utter rubbish. The post you replied to was pure and simple common sense. Common sense remains common sense whether it's printed in the Express or the Telegraph.

You've dragged in a whole load of diversionary tactics yourself to obfuscate the simple point he made.

I note the usual cr@p in abundance on this thread, all poles are hardworking super heroes blah blah blah :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How come I've come across several who have been arrogant, lazy and stupid then? Not to mention the amount that have gone into prostitution, I'm sure that benefits us enormously :lol: At least one poster got it right, they're no bl00dy different and no better than us. As pointed out so accurately we cannot boot undesirable Brits out (shame, we could boot out all the people who hate their own people so much), but we can prevent undesirable immigrants.

HOLA448

No I haven't. I married an immigrant some of her relatives live the life of Riley at my expense. They live in houses that people on the average wage could not afford to.

The overly simplistic sloganistic prose has convinced you that 'spongers' & 'pedophiles' are truly EVIL,

I think you mis understood my post. When I said "not let anyone in who worship a pedophile" I was refering to the world's most famous pedophile Muhammad ie no more Muslims!!!

I do not think spongers are evil I just do not want to give them my hard earned money.

I do believe that we support scum like Saudia Arabia, Pakistan etc.

HOLA449
You've dragged in a whole load of diversionary tactics yourself to obfuscate the simple point he made.

Good point what has foreign policy got to do with letting wasters in ? Because our government is not perfect we should go money to lazy people - clever.

As pointed out so accurately we cannot boot undesirable Brits out (shame, we could boot out all the people who hate their own people so much), but we can prevent undesirable immigrants.

I think letting in desirable immigrants could be a good idea. But why does any one want eg more pro single mums here ??

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
What a load of complete and utter rubbish. The post you replied to was pure and simple common sense. Common sense remains common sense whether it's printed in the Express or the Telegraph.

I note the usual cr@p in abundance on this thread, all poles are hardworking super heroes blah blah blah :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How come I've come across several who have been arrogant, lazy and stupid then? Not to mention the amount that have gone into prostitution, I'm sure that benefits us enormously :lol: At least one poster got it right, they're no bl00dy different and no better than us. As pointed out so accurately we cannot boot undesirable Brits out (shame, we could boot out all the people who hate their own people so much), but we can prevent undesirable immigrants.

There might be the usual % overall if you include the Poles in Poland, but of the ones here there's definitely a much higher percentage of good workers - I know several businessmen and a recruitment consultant or two, they all say the same.

It'd probably be equally true to say Brits who go abroad to work are equally hard working.

But we're talking about Poles HERE, not the whole Polish nation. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HOLA4412
Did anyone see the picture of "Maddie's" kidnapper - he looked like the most evil man ever. ever.

regarding these immigrants.

you british felt it was ok to colonise abroad.

these immigrants are essentially coming here to serve you and the express just wants to stir up public hatred.

the priveliged classes all support immigration as it improves their profits.

they own the papers by the way - but the control methods and noble truths of these papers don't express the sentiments of the owners - only the way they want the rabble to be thinking.

p.s. i'm irish

And the rabble are thinking their elitist thoughts about how good they are

HOLA4413
There might be the usual % overall if you include the Poles in Poland, but of the ones here there's definitely a much higher percentage of good workers - I know several businessmen and a recruitment consultant or two, they all say the same.

It'd probably be equally true to say Brits who go abroad to work are equally hard working.

But we're talking about Poles HERE, not the whole Polish nation. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is not a higher percentage of good workers. They are just higher motivated than Brits for the remarkably simple reason that they are earning four times what they are used to. I can guarantee you that if Brits could go and work in another country for four times what they earn here then business in that country would be busy slagging off the natives of that country whilst saying how wonderful Brits were :rolleyes: No doubt this country would have it's fair share of thick people, just like the UK, who wouldn't understand what was really happening and would join in slagging off their fellow countrymen :rolleyes:

HOLA4414
There is not a higher percentage of good workers. They are just higher motivated than Brits for the remarkably simple reason that they are earning four times what they are used to. I can guarantee you that if Brits could go and work in another country for four times what they earn here then business in that country would be busy slagging off the natives of that country whilst saying how wonderful Brits were :rolleyes: No doubt this country would have it's fair share of thick people, just like the UK, who wouldn't understand what was really happening and would join in slagging off their fellow countrymen :rolleyes:

Well yes I agree with that, except that the 4x is eaten up here by our cost of living (although boy are our ringtones cheap!).

I don't know how they're affording to send money home.

So the 4x salary motivation that you understandably allude to is at least some way diluted. I know some of these EU folk are going home due to the fall of the £ on the exchange, but I have a feeling plenty are arriving to replace any departures.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Well yes I agree with that, except that the 4x is eaten up here by our cost of living (although boy are our ringtones cheap!).

I don't know how they're affording to send money home.

So the 4x salary motivation that you understandably allude to is at least some way diluted. I know some of these EU folk are going home due to the fall of the £ on the exchange, but I have a feeling plenty are arriving to replace any departures.

Agreed, although I wonder how much of that extra money is actually eaten up. Many of these Poles are claiming Working Tax Credits and Child Benefit as well. Of course they also tend to live cheaply because they know it's temporary. I suspect that for many they still manage to take home a substantial amount of money (for Poland). Same reason so many Aussies and Kiwis come to work over here, although crucially they don't depress the wages for everybody else.

Us Brits with our permanently high base costs and our quaint expectations of not having to work like slaves for peanuts are being taking for a serious ride at the moment. I don't blame the Poles, I blame the @rseholes who engineered and allowed the current situation. I also blame the thick British people who do not understand they are being taken for a ride, you know they type - the ones who start ranting on about chavs, the welfare system and how cr@p all Brits are whenever immigration is mentioned.

HOLA4417
As with all these kinds of stories, there are varying degrees of accuracy.

Most immigrants, (not just Poles, come on everyone, they are not the only ones) I have encountered are very hard working and good tenants. I have had good Brit tenants too.

One bunch of Poles (four in a flat) were dreadful, had a fire causing thousands of £'s of damage and were late with the rent most months. I have had drugs raids, money laundering and unpaid rents from Brits.

I agree with previous posts, IF recession bites and the construction industry and tourist sector are hit bad, then many hard workers will probably leave, they are after all, only chasing the money. Germany has always been a favourite.

Many will stay and have made very comfortable, legitimate and productive lives here.

Many will stay due to their ability to play the benefit game.

What do you conclude from all this?

They are not too dissimilar from your average, dare I say it, working class Brit. They are just trying to get by in a hard climate, will work hard if the opportunities are there and SOME will sponge if it is an easier option. So will millions of our own.

What do I conclude from all this?

You really need to improve your screening techniques as it clearly does not work. If you use an agent sack them or better still sue them. If you carry out interviews yourself think about how you can extract information accurately.

When I had let out properties in the past I took this seriously as I do when interviewing perspective employee's.

You should take up all references and if something does'nt seem quite right do not let to them.

HOLA4418