House Price Crash Forum

Dow Opens Sharply Down

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Looks like the IR medicine is wearing off pretty darn quickly! :blink:

It's beginning to percolate people's thinking that a recession was already written in and that the 750 basis points cut and the raining down of 800 Dollars cheques is about trying to stop a US depression.

I've said for years that Greenspan would go down in history as the man who saved a recession at the cost of a depression. Now that gets put to the test...

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
It's beginning to percolate people's thinking that a recession was already written in and that the 750 basis points cut and the raining down of 800 Dollars cheques is about trying to stop a US depression.

I've said for years that Greenspan would go down in history as the man who saved a recession at the cost of a depression. Now that gets put to the test...

I remember reading some posts on one of the newsgroups by a poster called fofp. If it is you I think you are right now and think you were right then.

HOLA449

Is it just possible that if the BoE and the ECB fail to be sucked into the slash and burn madness of cuts, the US will find itself in a position which they did not calculate on - ie not cutting down to 1% after all, as the dollar would be in cinders, and so preventing the markets from having their way as a result of asymmetrical responses from rest of world's CBs?? Just a thought.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
The markets are going to skweam, and skweam and skweam until they get their way and IRs are 1%

1% ????

Ludicrous!

Money should be loaned at 0%!

Then all our economic problems would be solved and we can live in permanently booming.vibrant economy. Why on earth hasn't anyone thought of this before :lol:

HOLA4412
And they can, you know. :lol:

Surely a sell-off is in the markets best interest if all they want is rate cuts. With spread bets and other complex hedges, the traders make money whether they are going up or down, so they might as well sell off to get their own way

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I don't know about the US but a 750 basis point cut would make me a lot less depressed!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Dow is slipping a bit more down over 300 now, but it is boring being a gradual decline like an oap going senile

I posted this on another thread but they moved the market even further than when I posted it.

That was until the biggest assault I have seen on the DOW, I think the Phrase is Shit or bust refers to this one!

Picture1.jpg

post-6129-1201116712_thumb.jpg