House Price Crash Forum

You see, it’s not just investors or speculators who are worried. It’s everyone – especially those under, say, 45. We have known nothing other than the phenomenon of using our home as a convenient cash cow

The only reason investors or speculators are worried is that they know the cow will soon start using them for a change :lol:

How does this square with the Rosie Appeal Fund?

There will be a run on it, & guess who will pick up the bill?

Though 'she' might be a better investment than NR ..... or GB.

My god, this local fire water is something else...................free too

Was this you?

"Ohh please. You smugly hyped up property prices for years, whilst knowing that young, hard working couples and singles have had the value of their earnings and future prosperity decimated. You're not fooling me Rosie.

PT, Tynemouth, UK"

I wonder if it will stay up?

Was this you?

"Ohh please. You smugly hyped up property prices for years, whilst knowing that young, hard working couples and singles have had the value of their earnings and future prosperity decimated. You're not fooling me Rosie.

PT, Tynemouth, UK"

I wonder if it will stay up?

Alas, no but the sentiments expressed in mine were broadly similar.

Her smug BTL ramping yummy mummy drivel made for dull and infuriating reading and now she is reinventing herself as some sort of financial soothsayer - how her friends must flock to her for advice.

Where's my shotgun? :angry:

Revealing Quote from this "article":

When I worked at the BBC, I remember, one day, wandering past the editor of the Ten O’Clock News. “Do you know, the only way you are ever going to make money here, Millard, is from the value of your house appreciating,” he said vaguely, before wandering off to find Huw Edwards.

So there you have it. Confirmation from a BBC employee that its news editors are likely to have had vested interests in property. Add all the other broadcasting media and you have a possible reason why property hardly ever got reported in the way it should have been for the past ten years.

VP