Propertynews Running Total

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers pod.

Has anyone done a graph for the rising inventory? I think it would be interesting to see.

I would do one but I don't have the totals.

Oh yes and I'm a technical numpty. :rolleyes:

Cheers pod.

Has anyone done a graph for the rising inventory? I think it would be interesting to see.

I would do one but I don't have the totals.

Oh yes and I'm a technical numpty. :rolleyes:

There's one in the Ireland section of the site that shalt not be named.

Are things starting to slow up a bit?

Seems to be slowing, I'm getting e-mail alerts of whats coming on within my search criteria but the property total within the search doesn't go up by the same number (taking out property price changes).

I think more properties will drop off over the next few months due to the new energy certs. I also believe there is a large amount of properties up for sale that the sellers are not serious about selling, the wait and see seller will fall off the market after the summer IMO.

The total goes up and down as agents add and remove properties. This might be because the seller has decided to withdraw, the house has been bought, the agent has gone bust, the details need updated.

The 0.01% variation stated in an hour by hour count is meaningless - just noise. The only thing worth looking at is the trend.

Edit to add - Traktion beat me to the punch :)

Edited by crash_bang_wallop

I fear the Ukes (Ukrainians) are already here...

Ah, what a pity I have missed the boad again! :)

yup

treesdontgrow prediction

20 decreases (fools)

850 increases

damn u lot making me miss the boat AGAIN

Edited by getdoon

Seems to be slowing, I'm getting e-mail alerts of whats coming on within my search criteria but the property total within the search doesn't go up by the same number (taking out property price changes).

I think more properties will drop off over the next few months due to the new energy certs. I also believe there is a large amount of properties up for sale that the sellers are not serious about selling, the wait and see seller will fall off the market after the summer IMO.

I completely agree. [sorry got quite sensitive and didn't looked at this site for a few months]

Energy Performance Certificates will be required for all properties (except new builds) from the 30th June - this will be the legal responsibility of the home owner to provide [can be got through estate agents] and with approx £125 + VAT to stay on the market a lot of people will likely withdraw and stay put.

I completely agree. [sorry got quite sensitive and didn't looked at this site for a few months]

Energy Performance Certificates will be required for all properties (except new builds) from the 30th June - this will be the legal responsibility of the home owner to provide [can be got through estate agents] and with approx £125 + VAT to stay on the market a lot of people will likely withdraw and stay put.

Would £125 + VAT really make some withdraw from the market?

Considering all the costs, problems, stress etc involved in moving, an extra £147 seems neither here nor there.

so what?

the only houses selling are those that have to be sold!

it doesnt matter whether there are

10 000

20 000

30 000

on the market

this will remain the case for at least the next 2-3 years

hungry years ahead for the builders + EAs i am afraid!

Would £125 + VAT really make some withdraw from the market?

Considering all the costs, problems, stress etc involved in moving, an extra £147 seems neither here nor there.

It's not the £147 it's if the certificate saying your home is below standard, maybe a C or D rating, therefore the home needs a bit of work to bring it up to standard so it can compete with the new build properties with a higher thermal reading .