House Price Crash Forum

Propertynews Running Total

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

reet - me ole muckers (sorry for the earlier drama by the way - but telly's [email protected] at the mo, so I might as well invent some here :P )

first things first - a message for the mods: NI is a small place and da fellas at t'other site in the Ireland Section don't have an axe to grind with hpc as far as I can see. Furthermore, given our small demographic, we all share news stories etc. and some of the NI HPCers are also g'hpcers.

Whether the mods will ever read that I guess we will never know, because as far as I can see, we have very little interference on the NI Forum anyhow (which is great - thank you mods).

With regard to Vespasians earlier questions re t'other site: Fubars propertynews survey is brill and well worth a look. Similarly, GreenBear and other RoI posters use the Ireland Forum, who are also always worth a read (as is fubar of course).

Where did all the trouble come about? well this is a mega abbreviated version:

In the early days of hpc there were some technical problems with the site and as far as I can gather they happened quite a bit for a stage of relative prolonged periods - prolonged enough for a regular to 'open up' an alternative site to allow frustrated posters a chance to post whilst hpc was 'down'. Now that has the bias of t'other sites version. What is the bias of this site - well I think they were pretty miffed!

Anyhow, it went from bad to worse and 2 distinct camps began to form; the rest is history, many posters who got the boot here ended/end up there.

There is quite a few gripes with hpc on t'other sites main forums, whereas here t'other site does not get a mention (see Headmelters post above).

All I can say chaps and gals, is discuss it with caution - doccyboy will vouch for that

edit - typos

2nd edit - stoopid grammar

Edited by prophet-profit

oops forgot to add that 'one of us' may have got the boot, however, I am unsure because sometimes posting rights maybe temporarily removed, so we shall see if this is the case in the coming weeks

edit - hard to say more, but this news was conveyed to me

Edited by prophet-profit

reet - me ole muckers (sorry for the earlier drama by the way - but telly's [email protected] at the mo, so I might as well invent some here :P )

first things first - a message for the mods: NI is a small place and da fellas at t'other site in the Ireland Section don't have an axe to grind with hpc as far as I can see. Furthermore, given our small demographic, we all share news stories etc. and some of the NI HPCers are also g'hpcers.

Whether the mods will ever read that I guess we will never know, because as far as I can see, we have very little interference on the NI Forum anyhow (which is great - thank you mods).

With regard to Vespasians earlier questions re t'other site: Fubars propertynews survey is brill and well worth a look. Similarly, GreenBear and other RoI posters use the Ireland Forum, who are also always worth a read (as is fubar of course).

Where did all the trouble come about? well this is a mega abbreviated version:

In the early days of hpc there were some technical problems with the site and as far as I can gather they happened quite a bit for a stage of relative prolonged periods - prolonged enough for a regular to 'open up' an alternative site to allow frustrated posters a chance to post whilst hpc was 'down'. Now that has the bias of t'other sites version. What is the bias of this site - well I think they were pretty miffed!

Anyhow, it went from bad to worse and 2 distinct camps began to form; the rest is history, many posters who got the boot here ended/end up there.

There is quite a few gripes with hpc on t'other sites main forums, whereas here t'other site does not get a mention (see Headmelters post above).

All I can say chaps and gals, is discuss it with caution - doccyboy will vouch for that

edit - typos

2nd edit - stoopid grammar

Thank you for this PP. I get the picture now thanks to the brief history lesson. Cheers

A bit like the PFJ and JPF? ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE&...feature=related

Thanks for the info PP

Splitters!!

Classic movie Vespasian - I think you should be called Reg from now on!

Off topic I know but since you are a Roman emperor surely the best scene has to be "Romanes eunt domus, "People called Romanes they go the house"

Splitters!!

Classic movie Vespasian - I think you should be called Reg from now on!

Off topic I know but since you are a Roman emperor surely the best scene has to be "Romanes eunt domus, "People called Romanes they go the house"

:lol:

Great scene, but What did the Romans ever do for us?

Reg? not bad. Vespasian is a bit of a mouthful (too many syllables) I probably should have chosen something simpler in retrospect, like Nero or Trajan

Edited by Vespasian