Propertynews Running Total

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doccyboy posted this on the original NI thread on 14/03/07

"I know this means little but propertynews is now showing 43,000 properties. When I came here last September it was 36,000."

It's the earliest reference to inventory I could find.

Where the figures skewed then?

Can anyone tell me when they corrected 'down'?

What caused this?

I'm just curious.

BTW reading the first 10-15 pages of the original thread was interesting.

Oh how things have changed. :rolleyes::rolleyes::P

I think I was counting total number of properties north and south at the time. If you go over to the other site Fubar has a graph from Dec 2006 showing the number of for sale NI only showing 4000 in March 2007 up to the 26k now. Its the curve of a very steep roller coaster. :P

U wouldn't happen to have a link to where the graph is (Sorry, I'm new around here) :)

I am sorry but it is difficult to mention this other site. It is worldwide and has an Ireland thread. I cannot say more than that and because you are new I cannot PM you personally. I accidentally mentioned it once before and won't do it again. Maybe some of the other can give you a hint about it.

No worries, google found it...thanks!

Edited by spring

I think I was counting total number of properties north and south at the time. If you go over to the other site Fubar has a graph from Dec 2006 showing the number of for sale NI only showing 4000 in March 2007 up to the 26k now. Its the curve of a very steep roller coaster. :P

I thought that might have been the case, there was subsequent posts quoting the increasing volume on Daft.ie.

I thought I could remember the inventory on PN being about 3000 in Jan 07.

I am sorry but it is difficult to mention this other site. It is worldwide and has an Ireland thread. I cannot say more than that and because you are new I cannot PM you personally. I accidentally mentioned it once before and won't do it again. Maybe some of the other can give you a hint about it.

Why is it difficult to mention the other site that is focused on the GLOBAL aspect of a HPC?

The earliest figure I recorded was for 17th March 2007 and it was 6084 for NI and 1240 for Belfast.

Amazing. This thing has gathered pace quicker than I and probably most people on here thought.

An increase of 20,000 in 12 months :blink: .....superb.

Just a question, but is there much mentioned on "the other site" that isn't here? Its just that keeping up with al the posts on the forums here time-consuming enough, plus all the associated reading from the front page and main forum.

I know some on here "crossdress", should I?

Yeah...

...between HPC, Global'HPC, Property Pin and Global Edge Investors... I just don't have enough time to keep up with it all.

Big Brother is watching :unsure: and I have just mentioned 2 sites that I'm not allowed to mention. Well citizens, vive la revolution.

Edited by Belfast Boy

Yeah...

...between HPC, Global'HPC, Property Pin and Global Edge Investors... I just don't have enough time to keep up with it all.

Big Brother is watching :unsure: and I have just mentioned 2 sites that I'm not allowed to mention. Well citizens, vive la revolution.

Like you BB I have a lot to keep up with - browsing all those sites you mentioned, never mind the day job! I came to the HPC website late in the game (Dec'07 - late adopter I suppose!) but was then and still am now to some extent unclear about the rules regarding referring to other forums or even the history of any tensions. Perhaps the mods need to update the Forum Rules (Please Read before posting) so that we are all kept right?

Also without wishing to commit forum suicide here and now in front of you all (please don't excommunicate me mods - I'm a decent chap really) I'd like to know a bit more about these tensions with other the sites and the history of how it all came about. Can anyone PM me and point me off to a reference link?