Propertynews Running Total

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of their houses are there though.

So there are! Quite a few actually... I wonder did they just start that in the last year or so? There was one - and I was sure it was UPS - that wasn't included; 'cos back in '04 when myself and all my mates were looking we had to check PropertyNews and one individual agency - UPS I thought. I may have the wrong one, but I think it was them and they've started adding - maybe they're just paying to have ones they're really having trouble selling added? (I do see the irony..!)

Edited by WouldbeSeller

Today (Tues 22nd Jan) at 9am there were 22,656 listed on there so 276 properties were added to yesterday. Those EA data inputters must have been working like mad getting all the info in there.

276 is a heck of a lot to add in one day don't you think? Will be interesting to see how this figure changes over time as more and more comes on to the market.

Well apparently those EA data inputters weren't quite as busy as I had initially hoped they were - I just got this email message from the PropertyNews.com marketing department there now. That explains why the total jumped up 276 and then readjusted itself later in the day:

"Propertynews.com would like to apologise for an error which has occurred in email alerts sent this morning, Tuesday 22nd January 2008.

Due to a technical error, old properties were displayed on the website and were subsequently sent out in email alerts. These properties will now display as 'No longer available', when you click through from your email alert to view more detail.

The properties were applicable to Northern Ireland only.

Please be assured that propertynews.com has resolved this issue and will continue to keep you up to date on all properties which match your requirements, on a daily basis.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support for www.propertynews.com

Kind Regards,

Marketing Department

Propertynews.com"

I've noticed a few houses recently, that I have been watching have been pulled. Obviously, folks not so keen to sell if mega-prices cannot be achieved. This should mean all those left are more desperate to sell :rolleyes:

Yes I've noticed that trend too recently Vespasian. Property that I have been watching from afar has dropped off / pulled off propertynews.com recently. Two thoughts run through my mind immediately and the alarm bells are already ringing.

1. Firstly it gives the seller a chance to put the property back on the market "fresh" in the spring with an inflated (yet totally unrealistic and unsellable) price. This has the added advantage of skewing the TDGTTS weekly reports to make one think the slide is over and prices are on the up. A perceived lessening of supply actually physically visible to the average punter on the street could conceivably be manipulated using statistics to drive demand and spin PR. Watch out though 'cause this is a Bear Trap of elephant style proportions!! (IMHO) . Remember it was only a year ago that we were all told that our high house prices here were as a result of low supply and high demand. Those many "mystery" properties sitting empty and pristine, hidden from our view and held back from the market for so long have now flooded the market for sale / rent so we all know the supply / demand argument doesn't hold water any longer - it never did. Investors simply engineered the boom to their advantage to manipulate the marketplace. The recent rise in properties for sale now shoots holes in the supply/demand argument once and for all and buyers are spoilt for choice. Simply put "They (the properties) haven't gone away you know" - who is buying them? Very few judging from my experience at Wilson's Auctions last night. But I do feel that they (the properties) will (and can - by those who can afford it) be taken away from the market to give the perception that there is a lack of supply and hence drive panic buying.

2. This scenario also leaves the marketplace relatively clutter free (and strips out the background noise) for VI EA's and developers / builders to clear their back inventory while they can - possibly maximising their most opportune time to sell and get out without burning their fingers too much.

I'd really love to know who is advising sellers at present to take their houses off the market - although I have a fairly good idea myself. It does however raise the ethical conflict of interest issue once again and I know that that is an issue for that particular thread within this NI forum.

It will be interesting to see how this all develops over the next 2 months.

Love your Mr Housing Bubble image btw!

Yes I've noticed that trend too recently Vespasian. Property that I have been watching from afar has dropped off / pulled off propertynews.com recently. Two thoughts run through my mind immediately and the alarm bells are already ringing.

1. Firstly it gives the seller a chance to put the property back on the market "fresh" in the spring with an inflated (yet totally unrealistic and unsellable) price. This has the added advantage of skewing the TDGTTS weekly reports to make one think the slide is over and prices are on the up. A perceived lessening of supply actually physically visible to the average punter on the street could conceivably be manipulated using statistics to drive demand and spin PR. Watch out though 'cause this is a Bear Trap of elephant style proportions!! (IMHO) . Remember it was only a year ago that we were all told that our high house prices here were as a result of low supply and high demand. Those many "mystery" properties sitting empty and pristine, hidden from our view and held back from the market for so long have now flooded the market for sale / rent so we all know the supply / demand argument doesn't hold water any longer - it never did. Investors simply engineered the boom to their advantage to manipulate the marketplace. The recent rise in properties for sale now shoots holes in the supply/demand argument once and for all and buyers are spoilt for choice. Simply put "They (the properties) haven't gone away you know" - who is buying them? Very few judging from my experience at Wilson's Auctions last night. But I do feel that they (the properties) will (and can - by those who can afford it) be taken away from the market to give the perception that there is a lack of supply and hence drive panic buying.

2. This scenario also leaves the marketplace relatively clutter free (and strips out the background noise) for VI EA's and developers / builders to clear their back inventory while they can - possibly maximising their most opportune time to sell and get out without burning their fingers too much.

I'd really love to know who is advising sellers at present to take their houses off the market - although I have a fairly good idea myself. It does however raise the ethical conflict of interest issue once again and I know that that is an issue for that particular thread within this NI forum.

It will be interesting to see how this all develops over the next 2 months.

Love your Mr Housing Bubble image btw!

More detail on the auction please!!!

just hit 24k at 4.55pm = thats about 500 added this week

500 per week. That's about the rate properties were being added at when the inventory was soaring last year.

Maybe we're now back to "normal" with regards adding more inventory. ;)

500 per week. That's about the rate properties were being added at when the inventory was soaring last year.

Maybe we're now back to "normal" with regards adding more inventory. ;)

I think its the rush for the CGT deadline. Even a quick sale at the minute is unlikely to be completed before the end of March. We could easily see 27k by April at this rate!

Interestingly, 2 terribly done overpriced apartments I had been watching for price fall purposes have been pulled today.