HOLA441
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Belfast in isolation is still below late November figures. The longer term trend is starting to indicate an increase in the 100-200k bracket correlating to a fall in the 200-300k. You no doubt recall that the opposite was true until april last year. What is so far true is that the trend back down in price is less than 10 times as steep.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
30,000 by May/June anyone? Once all the BTLers and Investors pile in at once when the CGT is reduced

..if it goes ahead: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../18/ncgt118.xml

My head's splitting from reading all these linked articles! so much information... need Groundhog Day.....

Edited by WouldbeSeller

HOLA4411
Good grief 22380 when I just looked at 11am Sunday.

Today (Tues 22nd Jan) at 9am there were 22,656 listed on there so 276 properties were added to yesterday. Those EA data inputters must have been working like mad getting all the info in there.

276 is a heck of a lot to add in one day don't you think? Will be interesting to see how this figure changes over time as more and more comes on to the market.

HOLA4412
Do you hear the sound of pips squeaking?

Is the sudden crash of the stock market frightening BTLs?

Could be - and I notice that Propertynews have now added the £125k property value into their search engine criteria. Maybe they have had to adjust their search engine to cover more and more property that is coming onto the site within the 120 - 130k bracket? Then again 125k is the upper threshold for avoiding stamp duty so that may be the reason for the 125k being there.

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing 5k increments added into the search criteria eg. 135k, 145k, 155k etc. Surely it can't be far off.

HOLA4413
Today (Tues 22nd Jan) at 9am there were 22,656 listed on there so 276 properties were added to yesterday. Those EA data inputters must have been working like mad getting all the info in there.

276 is a heck of a lot to add in one day don't you think? Will be interesting to see how this figure changes over time as more and more comes on to the market.

Hmmm - something fishy is going on with PN.com's database. That 22,656 figure has now "readjusted" itself downwards to 22,323. All those new properties that were added this morning have (as of 11am) been removed. I wonder what is going on?

HOLA4414
Hmmm - something fishy is going on with PN.com's database. That 22,656 figure has now "readjusted" itself downwards to 22,323. All those new properties that were added this morning have (as of 11am) been removed. I wonder what is going on?

They might have finally got rid of a load of ones that shouldn't still be on there - they/the agents always been ridiculously slow to remove ones that were sold in the past (as you find out when you're trying to buy); now they're probably slow to get rid of ones that are now being rented out. There's one at least in my area that has had the sold board down since before Christmas and yet was still showing on PN y'day..

HOLA4415

Probably an element of housecleaning, and price reductions. I don't know if it can be done seamlessly or properties need temporarily removed and their prices changed before being put back online.

The other factor to consider is that in the face of falling prices some vendors will choose not to sell, believing that 300k is what their semi-D is what its worth. This will lead to only serious sellers left in the market. After all, the denial, fear and panic phase wil hit different people at different times

Edited by Vespasian

HOLA4416
Probably an element of housecleaning, and price reductions. I don't know if it can be done seamlessly or properties need temporarily removed and their prices changed before being put back online.

The other factor to consider is that in the face of falling prices some vendors will choose not to sell, believing that 300k is what their semi-D is what its worth. This will lead to only serious sellers left in the market. After all, the denial, fear and panic phase wil hit different people at different times

I agree - I think a lot of people are choosing to rent properties out for the time buying. I said somewhere else I thought that the quickly-dropping prices must surely put off some people who would otherwise have sold for CGT reasons - since it's not a short window of opportunity, i.e. sell now or CGT will go back up in May. (And again, wouldn't surprise me if the CGT changes were scrapped.) Rather than make a definite loss surely a lot of BTLers will prefer to bank on a long-term recovery, especially if on variable mtg rates and anticipating IR drops?

I just want to get sold up and take a short (boozy) holiday - weekend in London or summink - and then do some training courses for the business. (Although survival skills might be an idea..) Even if I had profit I wouldn't know what to do with it - can't make up my mind on the gold is safe v. cash is king debate. Would still love to build an eco home in the south of France and be completely off the grid, like these dudes:

http://earthship-france.com/

Edited by WouldbeSeller

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Do you hear the sound of pips squeaking?

Is the sudden crash of the stock market frightening BTLs?

i'm suspicious (and a bad speller)

everytime i look at propertynews it comes up with a load of random things like fields for sale, industrial sites etc...

i will not check through the 22,000 odd propereties offered - but i would like to know the acutal number of prpoerties for sale.

i would expect the numbers to drop quickly soon as people take their props off the market

(or they all get bought by those hand-rubbers)

FTSE down 5.5% in 1 day - Northern Ireland can't beat that in a month - we are hopeless

HOLA4419

everytime i look at propertynews it comes up with a load of random things like fields for sale, industrial sites etc...

i will not check through the 22,000 odd propereties offered - but i would like to know the acutal number of prpoerties for sale.

i would expect the numbers to drop quickly soon as people take their props off the market

(or they all get bought by those hand-rubbers)

FTSE down 5.5% in 1 day - Northern Ireland can't beat that in a month - we are hopeless

I know, you should be able to select multiple types of property, the way you can areas - or at least exclude commercial/agricultural...

HOLA4420

and a map would be a good feature.

it's not like this technology isn't in place elsewhere.

Here in scotland the local property websites are great.

www.espc.co.uk

www.pspc.co.uk

www.aspc.co.uk

property news should get the finger out.

i'm giong to havea look at property mate now - see what's that like

HOLA4421

This is just an indicator. There are also some properties with 2 estate agents, that have been double listed. But also consider all the estate agents in the west that do not list properties on that website.

HOLA4422
This is just an indicator. There are also some properties with 2 estate agents, that have been double listed. But also consider all the estate agents in the west that do not list properties on that website.

There are several near me on with Ulster Property Sales that are not on propertynews

HOLA4423

yes Belfast Boy - all the EAs in the west (would that be anywhere outwith of Lisburn or Newtonabbey for you?)

;)

it's hard to actually know what the actual numbers of places on sale is - and renting is even more difficult.

the EAs are starting to get competitive w. eachother - offering free valuations etc...

looks like there may be a few going to the wall.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425