House Price Crash Forum

Estate Agent Interviewed On Tv

Belfast Boy

HOLA441

I'm very surprised there is no post on this. I was rushing out the door, so did not get the channel. I couldn't believe my ears...

Did an estate agent say on TV yesterday, that people needed to drop their asking prices by 20% to sell a property?

He also talked about people, still expecting the same price as other houses down the street, that sold at 30 to 40 thousand more, last year.

Nobody else see this? Did I dream it? :unsure::D

Edit: sorry, thought this would have it's own thread. I didn't look at the main NI thread.

Edited by Belfast Boy

HOLA442
I'm very surprised there is no post on this. I was rushing out the door, so did not get the channel. I couldn't believe my ears...

Did an estate agent say on TV yesterday, that people needed to drop their asking prices by 20% to sell a property?

He also talked about people, still expecting the same price as other houses down the street, that sold at 30 to 40 thousand more, last year.

"

14min 30sec in is where one finds the report on NI economy and the Housing Boom being over!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/bbcnewsline/

Select Newsline 1829 in Recent Programs at right hand side of page.

Crap quality but watchable! You will need a player like REAL player.

"

credit fFTB - NI thread

HOLA443

Hi BB,

Yes I think quite a few people saw it and you are correct in what you heard. You'll find most of the discussion surrounding it in pod's post (post #6163) on page 411 and later more recent posts on the main NI forum.

HOLA444

Yep, saw that one too last night...still seems surreal though! Pooler must be the only EA in Belfast to have the balls to come off with the '20% off' statement. I wonder how the other EAs are going to react, or will it become the norm to talk down the market with excuses equally lame to when they were ramping it up. Its a sure sign that they are having to do something to survive...so expect more of this.

Helen Carson will be on a hat only diet this year me thinks :blink:

HOLA445