House Price Crash Forum

Debt Free Direct (dfd)

urban_hymn

I think the market likes the recent successful placing. Anyways, I'm happy enough having bought in yesterday, up another 5% so far today, a tad better return than I could get from property at the moment...

By the way, don't you find it interesting that the placing was successful? Financial Institutions heavily backing a company whose success is dependent on increased problems with mortgages and other credit, makes you wonder how bearish those instituions really are about the Uk economy/housing market doesn't it?

By the way, don't you find it interesting that the placing was successful? Financial Institutions heavily backing a company whose success is dependent on increased problems with mortgages and other credit

Perhaps it's a form of hedge. I got mine at 128p. I'm still not entirely convinced about their business model (IVAs) in view of the alternative ways out of debt.

It's increasingly dawning on me how easy bankruptcy is. I don't mean easy for ahem. respectable people who always try to pay their bills but easy for people for whom repaying debts is an inconvenience rather than a must.

Why go for an IVA when you can just right the lot off?

I'm still waiting for Paragon to dive - it's like a 747 at 40,000 feet with all guages on empty but still cruising serenely on!

Perhaps it's a form of hedge.  I got mine at 128p.  I'm still not entirely convinced about their business model (IVAs) in view of the alternative ways out of debt.

It's increasingly dawning on me how easy bankruptcy is.  I don't mean easy for ahem. respectable people who always try to pay their bills but easy for people for whom repaying debts is an inconvenience rather than a must.

Why go for an IVA when you can just right the lot off?

I'm still waiting for Paragon to dive - it's like a 747 at 40,000 feet with all guages on empty but still cruising serenely on!

I think they will be aiming for the "respectable people" end of the market, for the very fact that:

a. those people will tend to prefer IVA to bankruptcy

b. they will tend to owe more, and hence make more money for DFD (not much money in a case involving a chav and £3k of catalogue/credit card debt, compared to an inept small businessmanBTLer whose "empire" has gone tits up to tune of 200k).

However, I agree their are limitations with their model, and I will be looking for a quick exit, if either the story fails or the price gets ahead of itself.