House Price Crash Forum

E Herts / W Essex

Killer Bunny

HOLA441
Luvvly. Have you seen our ad in the Parish News?

Bishops Stortford price drops not that frequent as far as I can see. Only 1 more today, I am looking only at 4 bed houses £250K -£550K

However one estate agent has so little to do that Property Bee picked up the deletion of the apostrophe in Bishop's

Made me laugh anyway, conjured up a pretty bored image!

Does it pick up the description changed to "sold STC" If so, no sales in the last 3 weeks :lol:

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Luvvly. Have you seen our ad in the Parish News?

No, I don't get it, what were you advertising??!

You have mentioned it before, is there a number on it I can call to request a copy, or an email version praps?

I feel I miss out by not getting it, if only the carol singing and mince pies at Xmas.

PS, at what point do we pop the champers?

Bishops Stortford price drops not that frequent as far as I can see. Only 1 more today, I am looking only at 4 bed houses £250K -£550K

However one estate agent has so little to do that Property Bee picked up the deletion of the apostrophe in Bishop's

Made me laugh anyway, conjured up a pretty bored image!

Does it pick up the description changed to "sold STC" If so, no sales in the last 3 weeks :lol:

No you have to tick the little box, I love that image of the EA getting excited at the apostophe!

PPS, do any of you have facebook? There is a HPC group on there complete with little graph!

HOLA444
No you have to tick the little box, I love that image of the EA getting excited at the apostophe!

PPS, do any of you have facebook? There is a HPC group on there complete with little graph!

Will have a look on facebook. Is it obvious?

Nothing to report other than 2 people independently mentioned house prices at work to me out of the blue, both renting and both pleased by all the current media stories. One was later on this website when I walked past his desk! ;) Soon be time for a server upgrade methinks, it's getting slower.

HOLA445
No, I don't get it, what were you advertising??!

You have mentioned it before, is there a number on it I can call to request a copy, or an email version praps?

I feel I miss out by not getting it, if only the carol singing and mince pies at Xmas.

PS, at what point do we pop the champers?

Go to little paper shop at Bridge and (I believe) pick up free Parish News, monthly.

We're popping them all the time just now...

HOLA446
HOLA447

Overheard on the train this morning, someone saying a friend had got their mortgage sorted, and was looking at a new build in Harlow :ph34r:

Anyways, went back to their mortgage company, who REFUSED to hand over the cash, as they said it was '15,000 over valued'.

Ooops... :P

HOLA448
Anyways, went back to their mortgage company, who REFUSED to hand over the cash, as they said it was '15,000 over valued'.

Ooops... :P

No doubt complaining but not realising they are lucky b****ds. Sickening.

HOLA449

Gotcha!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-134...3&tr_t=rent

This 3 bed flat has now dropped from 900 to 850pcm within a month (see previous posts to track the fall). Still no takers, yet.

In the meantime there is an explosion of new lettings coming available. new ones every day. This is going to be carnage if it continues. Where are all these places coming from? Where are people living? Something doesn't add up.

HOLA4410
Gotcha!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-134...3&tr_t=rent

This 3 bed flat has now dropped from 900 to 850pcm within a month (see previous posts to track the fall). Still no takers, yet.

In the meantime there is an explosion of new lettings coming available. new ones every day. This is going to be carnage if it continues. Where are all these places coming from? Where are people living? Something doesn't add up.

Brilliant. When people lose their jobs they go home to ma and pa...

HOLA4411

Not posted for little while but still keep my eyes on whats going on in Broxbourne/Hoddesdon area, looking through RM I noticed that the new builds at the top of Hoddesdon and near Broxbourne station are heavily advertised, and this one which sold ages ago has now come back on

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-979...=8&tr_t=buy

If you have seen the new builds next to Broxbourne station I did know that out of the fourteen houses available only three were sold back in early March, I'm guessing that number may not have changed much since.

We are still looking to purchase in the area, as with everywhere else in the country there does seem to be more property around for sale and not moving, as each day goes by our status of cash buyers is becoming more powerful.

Regards

HOLA4412

Hi, Just popped into this thread for the first time - we are those 'average paid worker' families you keep on hearing about who can neither afford to rent or buy around EH (have lived around here most of my 36 years). It looks like we are off to the homeless hostel shortly while we wait for HA housing but I was wondering if anyone can tell me where in BS it is.

Also, I see it has not been mentioned but I know someone who works for HA dealing with tenants in Hackney. Those flats they have stuck up behind the old Sainsbury in town are not selling (surprise, suprise) so the developers have rented them to Hackey Council who are in turn sticking their council tenants in them.

HOLA4413
Hi, Just popped into this thread for the first time - we are those 'average paid worker' families you keep on hearing about who can neither afford to rent or buy around EH (have lived around here most of my 36 years). It looks like we are off to the homeless hostel shortly while we wait for HA housing but I was wondering if anyone can tell me where in BS it is.

Also, I see it has not been mentioned but I know someone who works for HA dealing with tenants in Hackney. Those flats they have stuck up behind the old Sainsbury in town are not selling (surprise, suprise) so the developers have rented them to Hackey Council who are in turn sticking their council tenants in them.

Howdy and thanks for the info. But there's no HPC, right?

HOLA4414

Just had a report from a friend who is trying to sell a studio flat in centre of Hertford. Bought it for around 95k in 2004 and now trying to sell. At christmas he was saying it had been valued at 130K. He now tells me that 1 bed flats are selling at 125K in the area so his price will have to come down below that.

It has been through 2 EAs in the area already and no viewings, yet. Both EAs saying that they will have it sold within weeks. Not even a viewing in that time. Renting it out will cost him £100 a month to cover the mortgage after rent.

It not looking good out there

Edited by DoctorJ

HOLA4415

And just think, until a few months ago, he was a property investing genius and guru...

Why selling? Has his mortgage 'surprisingly' gone through the roof? Or did he not realise that migth happen? :angry:

Edited by Financial Planner

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Hi FP et all,

FP I got my parish news it's good, saw your ad.

Got a cracking piece of anecdotal for you in SA but it's too long winded and revealing to post on here so will either tell you when I see you or drop it in an email.

Cool. Call and come round for caffeine. :)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Rental update: 1/2 bed lets are staying on the market for ages (weeks at least) but I have noticed that good properties at a reasonable price are going quickly. But there aren't many of them around. An example was a 3 bed house in Upper Clabdens, Ware with large garden for 850pcm - gone within a fortnight.

The smaller properties are overpriced IMO (and in comparison to this 3 bed) and are hanging around for a long time as a result. This should help to push prices down - for now.

HOLA4421

Received the latest desperate email from Rightmove about the Barratt Fourth Avenue development in Harlow.

Their latest ruse? Reserve this weekend and we will pay the difference between your old mortgage repayments and your new ones for 12 months*

As I rent, does that mean I get it for free :lol:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Property Bee is showing me very few reductions in Bishops Stortford :( Just been away for a week, and out of 143 homes for sale (4 bed houses £250-£550K), just 3 reductions in the last week and one sale fallen through. Small increase in properties for sale.

However, only 4 sold ;)

Will keep looking but the 40-50% falls i'd like seem a distant dream. What's going on? Stand-off time?

Edited by the primitive

HOLA4425
Property Bee is showing me very few reductions in Bishops Stortford :( Just been away for a week, and out of 143 homes for sale (4 bed houses £250-£550K), just 3 reductions in the last week and one sale fallen through. Small increase in properties for sale.

However, only 4 sold ;)

Will keep looking but the 40-50% falls i'd like seem a distant dream. What's going on? Stand-off time?

Much as I'd like to think it will happen overnight, I think it will be the end of the year before we see 20% drops advertised. I think if you put in an offer now asking for 15% off, anyone with half a brain would snap your hand off (unless they want to chase the market down later on ;) )

For the moment though, sit back & enjoy the view as the prices slowly fall off the cliff. B)