House Price Crash Forum

E Herts / W Essex

Killer Bunny

HOLA441

FP I don't really give a fig either way on house prices. If they go up, fine mine goes up. If they go down, mine does but so does everyone else's so if I want to move it makes it easier. What I hate is your vitriol towards anyone who has the temerity to have a mortgage / own a house. Just because you think you have some sort of crystal ball (which incidentally seems a bit dodgy considering how long ago you STR plus your clanger of a prediction over the FTSE rising a few months back) doesn't mean you have the right to dismiss the majority of the population who just want to keep a roof over their head and get on with life. They are not ALL greedy, thick, arrogant sheeple as you like to portray them.

(Edit for spelling)

Edited by benno1uk

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
pressure is starting to build :huh:

if ive got my info correct, this house sat empty for a couple of years, got sold for £240,000 in January 2007, got done up and a loft conversation was added, making it a 4 bed <_< put on the market in May 2008 for £379,999, now down to offers within region of £349,999, but its also up for let at £1,395 a month :o

anyone wanna work out some figures etc to see what kind of mortgage might be on this baby, cause its an potatoe if you ask me :lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-195...true&pa_n=1

Dropped to Offers in Region of £335,000 :huh:

Rent Dropped to £1,295 :unsure:

Still to Expensive, needs to come down alot more imo :rolleyes:

HOLA444
FP What I hate is your vitriol towards anyone who has the temerity to have a mortgage / own a house.

Anyone who writes here that its a good move to buy now or there isn't an HPC will get it in the neck. other than that they can do what they want. If they own or have a mortgage that is up to them but I will not stand by and see them write b0llocks about the market. I do not believe you have seen me write what you put.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
Can't believe what I've just heard from my friends who have just put their house on last week in Hoddesdon, they have decided to use Kirby and Colletti and were told that they should go with them as they sold ten properties last month!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats funny I have viewed a few rental properties through them. On a couple of occasions a guy from the sales dept showed us round!

HOLA447
  • 1 month later...
HOLA448

Been very quiet on the E Herts / W Essex thread!! (may have something to do with a certain absent FP)

I'm still renting in Broxbourne watching the local market quite closely which is still dead in the water.

Recieving more calls from agents recently since the new year regarding prices drops and told about several vendors would drop price even more to us as we are cash buyers, however still not seen what I call a bargin yet.

What's everyone else seeing recently??

HOLA449
HOLA4410
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411

Just walked back home from Broxbourne station this afternoon and right next door are fourteen brand new houses that have been shoe horned into where a pub used to be:

http://www.higginshomes.co.uk/developments...evelopmentId=64

These lemons have been up for sale for quite some time now and as you can guess their not shifting I think by counting when I walk past only about five of the fourteen are now occupied, anyway next Saturday advertised outside this complex is a show case event to attract suckers into buying probably with some crap incentive.

What I can't believe is the sign that says "70% now sold", I'm no maths expert but to me this is a blantant lie.

Lots of traffic goes by this place which means many paaser by will see this and I hope to God they don't believe it.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I've been looking at prices in Bishops Stortford for the last couple of years now and they have definately come down but not as much as elsewhere. Does anyone know whether it is common practice at the moment to offer 10% or more off the asking price. And more imprtantly are the owners accepting. I mean is this a tactic now? To keep the same price but sell for a reduced offer? I'm not living in the area so it's difficult to get a feel for it over the net. I'm asking purely about Bishops Stortford although if it is common practice elsewhere then assume it would be in B S aswell.

It would seem to me that this is the case but would love to hear from anyone with first hand experience of this.

HOLA4414

Still renting in Puckeridge and still looking, still no major drops only small ones (some good reductions for those that were way over priced to start with)

I dont think ill seriously look until 2010 because of the slow rate of fall in prices. (and first baby on the way in march)

Any one seeing EA push prices down anywhere ?

neon

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4415
I've been looking at prices in Bishops Stortford for the last couple of years now and they have definately come down but not as much as elsewhere. Does anyone know whether it is common practice at the moment to offer 10% or more off the asking price. And more imprtantly are the owners accepting. I mean is this a tactic now? To keep the same price but sell for a reduced offer? I'm not living in the area so it's difficult to get a feel for it over the net. I'm asking purely about Bishops Stortford although if it is common practice elsewhere then assume it would be in B S aswell.

It would seem to me that this is the case but would love to hear from anyone with first hand experience of this.

Hey Super Trooper

I live in BS. Asking prices still marginally above what they were in 2005 when we moved here (not FTBs then thank God!) I suspect selling prices about the same, as in 2005 the asking price was closer to the selling price (we paid asking price <_< )

Not a great deal of movement downwards lately that I've noticed, but to be honest I won't be thinking of moving until next year anyway, if I still have my job then I might start thinking about it, but prices MUST come down... :blink:

Loads of city workers here - surely some distressed sales soon? :huh:

HOLA4416
Still renting in Puckeridge and still looking, still no major drops only small ones (some good reductions for those that were way over priced to start with)

I dont think ill seriously look until 2010 because of the slow rate of fall in prices. (and first baby on the way in march)

Any one seeing EA push prices down anywhere ?

neon

Hi Neon

We moved to Puckeridge in 2000 as FTBs. moving from there was the first inkling I had about HPC. We sold for 60% more than we paid, and to someone with a 110% mortgage :blink::blink: Had never heard of them then, and thought at the time it was a bit crazy!

They sold up 2 yrs later for another 15% on top, just nuts, nearly doubled in 7 years.

Moved to Bishops Stortford, and because of the price lunacy, I was a bit nervous, so we didn't stretch ourselves, boy am I glad we didn;t. Could now do with a bigger house (3-bed terrace now) but 4-bed detacheds are still over £300K here, even pretty average ones.

Give it time... ;)

HOLA4417

Hi, the primitave, and all

I think your right about giving it time I know it will come, I guess it took about 14 years of house price inflation to get to 2007 peak , so a couple of years should not hurt

certanly the local EAs are on full "spring bounce" ramping duties, but i am sure it will fizzle out in the next two months. Unfortunatly this gives the vendors a false hope and delays further price cuts to asking price

Should be a fun year !

neon

HOLA4418

Big article / interview with the liars Kirby and Colleti in Metcury. Prices 'only' down 10% in this area compared to national average. Wierd. They used to say prices would NEVER fall in this area...

Also, things are looking up according to them.

Well, that's alright then.

Mercury never prints anything I write to them. Funny that.

Come on guys get writing to the editor.

HOLA4419
Big article / interview with the liars Kirby and Colleti in Metcury. Prices 'only' down 10% in this area compared to national average. Wierd. They used to say prices would NEVER fall in this area...

Hi FP,

I saw this article as well and must say I'm very tempted to write in, everyone I know that has had dealings with this outfit have nothing else but critisim.

Stories of sellers having dry periods of no viewings then suddenly two or three viewings out of the blue, however appears to be bogus buyers and more likely to be friends of the agents just to keep sellers happy. Other experiences have been just damn right lies from KC, the agent I rent through who does seem be to more honest then most can't stand them and would love to see them go to the wall. Fingers crossed!!

HOLA4420

Will do.

I was so angry when the local free rag (observer or star) arrived a couple of months ago and one of the local EAs adverts read "renting IS still dead money". Not happy. Wish I had kept it now and posted a piccie of it - truly shocking! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421

Property Bee 150309

BROXBOURNE,Herts

£1,295 pcm

An extended four double bedroom semi detached house in a cul-de-sac within walking distance of Broxbourne School. The accommodation comprises of an entrance hall, lounge/dining room, magnificent kitchen/ breakfast room, rear hall, cloakroom, family bathroom and a main bedroom with a shower cubicle.

14 March 2009

* Price changed: from '£1,595 pcm' to '£1,295 pcm'

1 March 2009

* Price changed: from '£1,800 pcm' to '£1,595 pcm'

14 February 2009

* Initial entry found.

We went to the outside. It's in Royce off Grenville off High Road. It's very alright and a 28% drop means it's now fairly priced.

Edited by Financial Planner

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425