E Herts / W Essex

Killer Bunny

HOLA441
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Ok, have done a check today, there are 464 properties in SG12, a LOT are multiple agents, so don't know exactly but I installed property bee on 23rd Jan and since thenthere have been price rises of... 10k £49 and 10k.

Price drops of....

10k 15k 10k 5k 15k 15k 20k 150k :blink: 15k 10k 15k 10k 10k 5k 5k 15k 15k 2k 10k 10k £500 10k 4k 7k 25k 25k 15k 7.5k 10k 10k 7k 10k 3k 2.5k 5k 15k 5k 12k 15k 5k 10k 5k 10k 5k 5k 15k 10k 5k 10k 10k 15k 5k 10k 5k 10k 10k 2k 10k 13k 5k 10k 12.5k 5k 15k 5k 10k 5k 10k 2k 15k 4k 5k 10k 2.5k 2k 5k 3.5k 10k 2k 4.5k 2.5k

Interesting piece of fact I never knew (sorry if you know this).

Didn't know that - cheers

Re drops above - do you now accept that prices are falling and not rising or flat as you've written several times?

464 this week. Check out week of 6th April...

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Interesting to see so many people in East Herts are on this forum. Must be something to do with all the commuters.

or the extortionate prices here in the SE.

I admit that I don't keep an eye much on selling prices in the area but I continue to report that rents in Ware/Hertford are definitely dropping at the moment and a lot more lets available in general. Sorry no scientific analysis just my observations.

Interesting times

HOLA446

For integrity, I should say there are no 4 or 5 bed houses for rent at decent prices. In fact there are only a few available full stop. I suspect this is because of both: those available months ago will need time to come back to the market, and STRs have taken them on, those that are available. Glad we have a 2 year lease, till Nov 09.

HOLA447
For integrity, I should say there are no 4 or 5 bed houses for rent at decent prices. In fact there are only a few available full stop. I suspect this is because of both: those available months ago will need time to come back to the market, and STRs have taken them on, those that are available. Glad we have a 2 year lease, till Nov 09.

This is what I am finding. A glut of 2 bed rentals available - but 3+ beds are hard to find, or cost far too much.

However, even 2 beds are looking expensive compared to what I pay. £750/month for 2 beds is too much IMO and some around here are up for more than that.

I'm hoping to move up to a 3 bed place by the end of the year and could afford about £800/month. I don't fancy my chances at the moment

Edited by DoctorJ

HOLA448
I'm hoping to move up to a 3 bed place by the end of the year and could afford about £800/month. I don't fancy my chances at the moment

£800 for 3 bed is ambitious - even during the last few years, I don't think such a thing has been available - and of any interest.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Today in SG12 there are 487 properties (some are duplicates as are on with multiple agents) with 97 price drops.

In addition there are 78 STC's.

Re drops above - do you now accept that prices are falling and not rising or flat as you've written several times?

Just to clarify I have always written that they are flat or rising 'round here' meaning SA where we you and I live.

SG12 covers a big area most of where I can't live due to schools, nursery, work and family commitments.

In SA, there are 66 properties with 8 price drops, two of those are 2,850,000 and 765,000 which I'm having trouble getting a mortgage for, and out of the 66 there are only 20 that could be classed as family homes, most are 1 and 2 bed flats.

HOLA4412
In SA, there are 66 properties with 8 price drops, two of those are 2,850,000 and 765,000 which I'm having trouble getting a mortgage for, and out of the 66 there are only 20 that could be classed as family homes, most are 1 and 2 bed flats.

765 is on these grounds. Got a link?

HOLA4413
Hi Doc, I've just settled down to this weeks price drops and a quick rental butchers found a 3 bed bungalow in Dane end for £800

And a 3 bed masonette in ware for £725, any good for you?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-101...2&tr_t=rent

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-201...3&tr_t=rent

Thanks for the links Greenstuff!

Just looking at the moment as current tenancy up in May then going month by month rolling - so ready to move at any time then.

Just found a nice looking 3 bed house in Ware for £795/month in the paper (Star). So as far as I can see rents are definitely coming down. Looks like I may just find somewhere good for the right money.

Edit: Enjoying the freedom of renting at the moment B)

Edited by DoctorJ

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Mercury is better, no?

Maybe. My recollection was that they are both out of the same office but Star is the poor mans version. Mercury may have more in it though. I'll get hold of one tomorrow

Found this on rightmove too. Two 3bed flats on the same development. First one has been available for a few weeks now - started at 900pcm then dropped to 895. now on for £875pcm. The second came on the site today - How long before they reduce the price of this one (if they can)?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-134...2&tr_t=rent

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-206...1&tr_t=rent

I reiterate. Rents are coming down. Get a good deal this summer.

Edited by DoctorJ

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
I noticed today that our Bairstow Eves in Bicester as closed down. Notice in window saying that other branches are unaffected and business is moved to EA Buckell and Ballards just up the road.

Sorry for being a little late to contribute this discussion (and it looks like I may have missed the drinks ;) )

But a Baristow Eves in North Warwichshire closed down in Jan too.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I have read that 10% of EA offices, nationally have already shut.

Tell I lie, it was actually a Burchill Edwards that has closed down in my town. Won't be long for the Barristow Eves which is just up the road judging by the local market....can't imagine they've sold anything at all since the Autumn.

HOLA4422

***Proerty Bee Update***

12nd Apr 2008

* Price changed: from '£489,995' to '£469,995'

6th Apr 2008

* Price changed: from '£499,995' to '£489,995'

31st Mar 2008

* Initial entry found.

£30K in 2 weeks :lol: (in CM23, Bishops Stortford)

Lots of new to market houses, and several price reductions, maybe 15% of the total number of houses found in the last 2 weeks alone, although a lot are pitiful £5K token efforts.

The one above will be perfect for me and family in a couple of years at ~£275K :P

HOLA4423
This is what I am finding. A glut of 2 bed rentals available - but 3+ beds are hard to find, or cost far too much.

However, even 2 beds are looking expensive compared to what I pay. £750/month for 2 beds is too much IMO and some around here are up for more than that.

It has begun. Number of rentals is exploding in Ware (SG12).

Maybe soon I will be able to afford a 3 bed :rolleyes:http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-207...2&tr_t=rent

Just have to hope this continues until the summer.

HOLA4424
Today in SG12 there are 487 properties (some are duplicates as are on with multiple agents) with 97 price drops.

In addition there are 78 STC's.

Are we sitting comfortably?

Today there are.... 490 Properties in SG12 - including a garage and a pub, (again a LOT are multiple agent) with 117 price drops!

In addition there are 86 STC's and 2 price rises.

SA has 61 properties with 13 price drops and one increase.

Interestingly, the new development in SA that's almost finished has had properties advertised for a couple of weeks and some now with Estate agents.

Mr. G and I went round to be nosey just before Christmas and asked about incentives and discounts and were told there were none for that develpment as they were in such demand, hmmm.

HOLA4425