House Price Crash Forum

Immigration Has Played Its Part In Ni Hpi

Guest vicmac64

HOLA441
Guest vicmac64

Im not rascist at all but neither can I understand why we have unbridled immigration from the EU and further.

NI is a very small country, with a very high population density for its size - and already immense problems with employing its own people. We have a limited housing stock and our infrastructure hospitals roads etc are already at bursting point - yet Govt does not see this???

Madness or a plan ? Watch this video from the states and ask yoursleves do you see any parallels - but more importantly is this more intrinsically linked to our housing boom - and are both a means to an end - watch this and comment please

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Immigration is being used to drive down wage inflation and raise GDP. They are necessary to do certain jobs within the economy. Many of the indigenous population do not contribute to the economy. For some reason, unemployment/disability/single parent benefits leave you much better off than working in many jobs.

My aunt is a qualified doctor living in Belfast. She has not worked for 10 years since her husband died. She does have 6 kids She would need to work four and a half days a week to be better off than she is at present. Its not even worth her while thinking about it. This is why we all pay so much tax - to support a huge welfare system to keep the population happy watching TV and not rioting on the streets while the rest of us work to pay our way.

As for house prices, blame greed, lax credit, government, Sarah Beeny etc

Liked the video, not sure how relevant it is here. The point is as long as people can get cheap booze and watch the X-factor on an exponentially increasing number of TV channels, they are happy. Why do you think an obvious puritan as Brown will not reverse 24 hour drinking

Edited by Vespasian

HOLA445
Im not rascist at all but neither can I understand why we have unbridled immigration from the EU and further.

Oh no, this is not racism! The bulk of the new EU immigrants are Western Slavs and Balts, who are much more genetically akin to the proverbial Celts than the Irish and Scots themselves! And even reasonably related to them (the Celts) linguistically.

NI is a very small country, with a very high population density for its size

I'd rather say the population density is very high for the planning restrictions, not for the size.

- and already immense problems with employing its own people.

Yes, there's apparently a problem making hereditary benefit recipients work.

We have a limited housing stock and our infrastructure hospitals roads etc are already at bursting point - yet Govt does not see this???

Them Poles and Lithuanians are doing exactly this - buliding new housing stock. And some are even working for the NHS.

Madness or a plan ?

Just life.

Watch this video from the states and ask yoursleves do you see any parallels - but more importantly is this more intrinsically linked to our housing boom - and are both a means to an end - watch this and comment please

I have lived in Durham, North Carolina through the decade that saw its Mexican poluplation increase from nearly 0% to 10%. It's hard to see NI today very similar to that.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest vicmac64
Page 28 shows that Belfast is the slowest growing City in the UK. The population of Belfast has decreased by 21,100 in the ten years between 1996 and 2006.

http://www.centreforcities.org/uploadedFil...tiesOutlook.pdf

Belfast is not Northern Ireland. Our population is growing not shrinking. When I was a lad the population was 1.5 million its now a good deal higher approaching 1.7million as far as I can recollect.

HOLA4413
Guest vicmac64
Reality plays little part in VicMac's ramblings.

So we should discount what I say and listen to you - how modest of you... ha ha ha ha ha

My ramblings may be pertinent subjects you disagree with or they may be about issues you do not wish to think about. But they are as relevant as any of your posts.

HOLA4414
Guest vicmac64
Isn't that the standard bull argument?

No - just a statement of fact. In any case so what if it were to be so... I'm a bear but not to the point of being intransigent.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Immigration is being used to drive down wage inflation and raise GDP. They are necessary to do certain jobs within the economy. Many of the indigenous population do not contribute to the economy. For some reason, unemployment/disability/single parent benefits leave you much better off than working in many jobs.

My aunt is a qualified doctor living in Belfast. She has not worked for 10 years since her husband died. She does have 6 kids She would need to work four and a half days a week to be better off than she is at present. Its not even worth her while thinking about it. This is why we all pay so much tax - to support a huge welfare system to keep the population happy watching TV and not rioting on the streets while the rest of us work to pay our way.

What the f#ck?

Are you being serious? A doctor is better off on benefits? I suppose she gets loads of benefits because she has 6 kids but even taking that into consideration, I'm still shocked.

I sometimes wonder why I bother going to work. Maybe the people on benefits have the right idea...

HOLA4417
Guest vicmac64
What the f#ck?

Are you being serious? A doctor is better off on benefits? I suppose she gets loads of benefits because she has 6 kids but even taking that into consideration, I'm still shocked.

I sometimes wonder why I bother going to work. Maybe the people on benefits have the right idea...

I know Joe - it is mad - but this still means we don't need immigration - what we need is an end to the craziest benefits system on earth. IMHO of course.

HOLA4418

I agree, it is crazy - but its true

Kids get paid to sit their GCSEs if their parents are on benefits too, they get bonuses as well if they do well. A few years ago, another aunt was invigilating at a GCSE exam. After 10 miins, one of the students put his hand up to leave She asked why. He said, he was working in a garage for months, but was only sitting the exams for the 50quid he was getting paid. All to meet government figures

Personally, I really object to my tax money being paid to kids for sitting exams. Perhaps, a recession and a new government will stop all this crazy waste of money

HOLA4419
Guest vicmac64
I agree, it is crazy - but its true

Kids get paid to sit their GCSEs if their parents are on benefits too, they get bonuses as well if they do well. A few years ago, another aunt was invigilating at a GCSE exam. After 10 miins, one of the students put his hand up to leave She asked why. He said, he was working in a garage for months, but was only sitting the exams for the 50quid he was getting paid. All to meet government figures

Personally, I really object to my tax money being paid to kids for sitting exams. Perhaps, a recession and a new government will stop all this crazy waste of money

Vespasian NI is turning into a chav state - sorry to say. Sometimes I wonder why I work at all - its an unfair system that rewards the inactive more so than those that are trying to contribute to society.

HOLA4420
Vespasian NI is turning into a chav state - sorry to say. Sometimes I wonder why I work at all - its an unfair system that rewards the inactive more so than those that are trying to contribute to society.

Pretty much true. Just think of what you have resembling an economy in NI:

- Whole communities of benefit scroungers.

- Of those who do work, the vast vast majority work in the public sector - it's well known that you can get paid to do very little in the civil service; the civil servents that I know boast about how little they do on a regular basis.

- And of the very few who do work for private companies, alot of these companies (this is true for IT anyway), are only here because of massive Invest NI grants, again, public money.

The only reason I work hard in my IT job in the private sector is that I'm trying to build up expertise in an area that not alot of people know about, in the hope that I can get the hell out of NI within the next 5 years.

HOLA4421

Well, Mr Brown is taxing us heavily and borrowing like crazy at peak of an economic cycle. Basically,we have nowhere to go when the recession hits. It will be back to cuts in spending like the 60s and 70s. I dare say NI will feel the pinch then. 70% of the population are state dependent

Edited by Vespasian

HOLA4422
Guest vicmac64
Well, Mr Brown is taxing us heavily and borrowing like crazy at peak of an economic cycle. Basically,we have nowhere to go when the recession hits. It will be back to cuts in spending like the 60s and 70s. I dare say NI will feel the pinch then. 70% of the population are state dependent

That is my thinking too - the days 'economic miracles' are long past - they are simply not an option, you can only play the fool for so long and then you will look the fool.