House Price Crash Forum

Somerset

Molly

Hi. I have slowly moving up the property ladder since 1995, buying wisely/ keeping a close eye on the markets and developing/modernising the propertys as I go this is with a view to decrease my mortgage and get a better home for my family. So far I have been very lucky with my moves.

2007 sold my property in JUNE, put in a full asking price offer on a fair priced property (in AUGUST) for £279950, the lady accepted the offer, 4 weeks down the line agent called to say her son.... had withdrawn the property on her behalf due to it being under valued !! and was putting it back on the market for 45K more and would I like to offer again?... I said no of course, knowing where the market was going (obviously he did not!)........5 months down the line its still for sale!!!

My family and I are now in rented and house hunting again........

• 1 month later...
Hi. I have slowly moving up the property ladder since 1995, buying wisely/ keeping a close eye on the markets and developing/modernising the propertys as I go this is with a view to decrease my mortgage and get a better home for my family. So far I have been very lucky with my moves.

2007 sold my property in JUNE, put in a full asking price offer on a fair priced property (in AUGUST) for £279950, the lady accepted the offer, 4 weeks down the line agent called to say her son.... had withdrawn the property on her behalf due to it being under valued !! and was putting it back on the market for 45K more and would I like to offer again?... I said no of course, knowing where the market was going (obviously he did not!)........5 months down the line its still for sale!!!

My family and I are now in rented and house hunting again........

Mollie - a new sunscriber says hang on in there!. The way its going you'll get better for less and soon, and be glad that particular greedy vendor didn't get your cash. Best of luck.

Juvenal

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, everything that comes up seems to have a problem - most commonly, being slap on the A4/A37 or whatever; or "detached" meaning 6inches from your neighbour; or they sold off & built on two-thirds of the garden so you've got a shared driveway & a garden far too small for the house.

And lets not forget the stonking great quarries around Stoke St Michael...

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of reductions coming through as well. Apartment at Bridgwater has just been reduced from 124 to 104K, but i doubt it'll sell even for that price. Looking at Yeovil and Taunton and seeing a few reductions. Seem to be plenty of reductions within the Bridgwater area, albeit the majority of properties are not particularly "special"

STR post divoce in 2007, Ex got 91% of the equityin the FMH SSTC. I got to protect my pension and gratuity. I'll re-buy when the crash has finished around 2010/2011 in the meantime STR costs me £230 PCM for a 2 bed with garage, this inc council tax and water for possibly the next 5 years.

FMH was up for 247K, in 4 months only one offer of 236K which was accepted...

;)