House Price Crash Forum

if you haven't ever read the secret agents blog at http://www.agentsdiary.blogspot.com/ then it is well worth a quick gander IMHO.

"The phones are disturbingly mute - more than the usual seasonal lull - despite the illusionary concession of the belated chip on bank interest rates...

‘What’s that noise?’ Asks F with a frown-etched face, as everyone looks up together.

For a moment I think the regular clicking sound is M’s fat jaw as he masticates in his office again, but it’s a little too rhythmic.

‘It’s the clock.’ Answers S finally to muttered confirmations.

‘I’ve not heard that before,’ replies F with one of those nervous hyena laughs of his.

‘I have,’ I tell him morosely, ‘it was in nineteen-ninety.’

‘Christ,’ moans T after the man has left... ‘every buyer is an expert on falling prices all of a sudden, just because they’ve read some pissing price comparison survey.’...

‘I reckon we could be up a creek without a paddle if it stays this quiet after Christmas,’ pontificates M as he joins the conversation, wiping crumbs from his face...

As I tap the floor with my foot as quietly as possible to check the best place to begin tunnelling, I notice my own office clock ticking portentously and wonder if my staff will even miss me...

Time will tell."

Guest Bart of Darkness

Secret Agent is well worth following, in fact it's the only blog I do follow. He usually updates between 2-3 a week.

The phones are disturbingly mute - more than the usual seasonal lull - despite the illusionary concession of the belated chip on bank interest rates...

i wonder if he'll risk a quick bunk-up with 'S' before redundancy kicks in?

you know the sort of thing: fine wines, belgium chocolates. he dims the lights, you can guess the rest...

ooh it is as exciting as "The Archers" when Shula Archer was banging the Doctor - the dirty middle class church-going 'ho. :lol:

Forgive me for sounding thick... but what is this blog ?

Is it an EA ?

I guess it is but I find it VERY hard to believe that any EA could be this honest!!!

Or is it more like a P**s take ?

Please put me out of my misery someone ? :unsure:

Guest Bart of Darkness
i wonder if he'll risk a quick bunk-up with 'S' before redundancy kicks in?

I think he should.

It is a bit soapish isn't it, but unlike our hyperthyroidic soaps, events move at a more measured pace.

• 3 years later...

That was an entertaining read, and worth keeping an eye on later next year.

That's brilliantly written. Really enjoyable, misanthropic stuff. Simple, but effective.

"And secondly I’m not his mate. Like the pretty air hostesses who smile and engage with you when they’re flogging duty free, there’s no way he’d have anything to do with me outside of a work environment – or vice versa - if it wasn’t for our shared need for a salary."

'The book' has been in the pipeline for oooh, about 3 years now.

I'm not sure how many people want to read 'and then fat man M with his pasty said this and then the bird with fat boobs said that and I looked at her ar*e' repeated about 2000 times.

It's got some good anecdotes, but at the end of the day who really wants to know about estate agents. Con artists are often very good at conning themselves and this guy honestly thinks 'The book' will be his route to riches.