House Price Crash Forum

Zzg113

Wuluf

HOLA441

Searching for an old post today I stumbled upon an old tirade from ZZ (directed at me)... . I couldnt help but note that ZZ has mellowed with time. He is now a respected member of the HPC community. In fact I dare say that he is in the top 5 respected posters on this board.

It just shows.. No one is a lost cause.

Well done ZZ.

(taking cover.... )

HOLA442
It just shows.. No one is a lost cause.

Well done ZZ.

(taking cover.... )

I wouldn't be so sure about that, after a ten post irrelevant flaming war yesterday he's got a way to go yet,

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...pic=6275&st=20#

It must be nice to be so financially secure in life, and be in the house of your dreams that so much so you have the time and inclination to waste arguing over such trivial matters with anonomous strangers!

What....!? Did I hear that right? .....he doesn't own a house!

well now you know why!

When he's in this rehab, you could respectfully ask him to have his 35 posts a day habit looked at as well, as far as I'm aware no one has ever posted their way to house ownership!

KOTC.

HOLA443

House ownership is a quaint, servile UK obsession..

It is something to keep the underclass inured and indebted and thereby under control.

To criticize someone because they dont have a 200K mortgage is something which to the rest of the world looks.... Lets just say they view it in the same light as the Queen, the obsession with Becks, the funny outfits in parliment, etc etc...

Most in the UK think that free markets are good.. But most people find that they are the ones which are exploited by them.

The house price growth spurt is the UK will be temporary.. Prices could not and cannot keep going up at that rate. To own or not own a house in the UK is not the ultimate validator of achievement, value or indeed existence itself. To talk of it in those terms is itself manifest nonsense. Many on this board, even while decrying the obsession with houses in the UK still ensure that they simultaneously differentiate themsleves from common "tenants" by classifying themselves as temporary tenants i.e. STR, "able to but not interested" etc etc Whether you own a house or not is not the point. A better goal would be self determination and financial security. If you have those or are working towards them, by whatever [legal?] means, good luck to you.

HOLA444

I think you miss my point Wuluf. It's obviously up to the individual how they spend their time, however, how can someone who posts 35 posts EVERY day wonder how/why they don't have a house?

If I was younger, and I didn't have a house, and longed for one, the last place you would see me would be on an anonymous forum, arguing the toss for well over an hour over whether women are collectively property bulls or not with a guy named Ignorant Steve.

If ZZg113 transformed his forum career effort into a real career effort he'd be living in a mansion by now.

That aside I also disagree with your comments about home ownership, who wants to be holding to the whims of a private landlord when they've got grey hair and wrinkles?, I think you bears forget about the many years 'free service' a house gives you once you pass the 25 year mark.

Not to mention who wants to looking at magnolia, for all of their short duration on this planet !

KOTC.

HOLA445
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Not very observant are you both, he tends to go missing a lot now.

The lad has met his perfect girl and is in love, hence the mellowing. <_<

HOLA446
I think you miss my point Wuluf. It's obviously up to the individual how they spend their time, however, how can someone who posts 35 posts EVERY day wonder how/why they don't have a house?

If I was younger, and I didn't have a house, and longed for one, the last place you would see me would be on an anonymous forum, arguing the toss for well over an hour over whether women are collectively property bulls or not with a guy named Ignorant Steve.

If ZZg113  transformed his forum career effort into a real career effort he'd be living in a mansion by now.

KOTC, you seem to think that most FTBs are greedy, whining layabouts who only have themselves to blame for struggling to scramble onto the great property ladder. If they only rolled up their sleeves and got on with some hard graft they would be able to live where they wished. No need to pontificate on house price crash debates then!

Well, I work long hours in the City and earn over £60K. I have also saved over £50K for a deposit from my earnings in the last four years. However, prices have inflated to such an extent that I now have the choice of buying a grotty flat or living somewhere better but with a huge mortgage. So I have decided to wait before buying my first property. Even if prices do not fall back significantly, I will at least be able to rent a decent place whilst building up my deposit.

So spare us the exhortations to make a "real career effort".

HOLA447
KOTC, you seem to think that most FTBs are greedy, whining layabouts who only have themselves to blame for struggling to scramble onto the great property ladder.  If they only rolled up their sleeves and got on with some hard graft they would be able to live where they wished.  No need to pontificate on house price crash debates then!

Well, I work long hours in the City and earn over £60K.  I have also saved over £50K for a deposit from my earnings in the last four years.  However, prices have inflated to such an extent that I now have the choice of buying a grotty flat or living somewhere better but with a huge mortgage.  So I have decided to wait before buying my first property.  Even if prices do not fall back significantly, I will at least be able to rent a decent place whilst building up my deposit.

So spare us the exhortations to make a "real career effort".

If you're on 60k P.A and have 50k deposit behind you then you've done well and and I've no doubt even on a modest income multiple you'd be able to afford something decent. personally I don't think a 4x mortgage is a huge commitment, but that's just my opinion, and this would enable you to buy something around the £300k mark.

I don't really see the point of your post as it was specifically ZZg113 I was speaking about (how you could have taken it any other way I'm not too sure?) put it this way I bet my bottom dollar you didn't save your £50k up and trangress your historical income levels by jabbering away 24/7 on one of these things.

Answer me a few questions please, don't you find it odd that some people spend 16 hours a day on here 'holding their corner' whilst crying out that they're 'priced out'. Don't you find that a tad ironic? Don't you think that time could be used more productively?

KOTC.

HOLA448

The UK's obsession with property ownership is regarded as rather quaint by most of my European friends who are perfectly content to rent; something regarded as 'normal' in their own countries.

Many of my UK friends also rent, or have bought long term leases, and some of these are very rich indeed and live in superb houses. Their reasoning is simply that they do not wish to tie up very large sums of money in an illiquid asset like a UK property because it will be extremely 'visible' to the tax man.

No, these sensible and very well advised people prefer to rent or lease and build up their assets offshore. None of them, currently, views UK property as worth having because it is so ludicrously over-valued and our inheritance tax regime is so vicious.

HOLA449
House ownership is a quaint, servile UK obsession..

It is something to keep the underclass inured and indebted and thereby under control.

To criticize someone because they dont have a 200K mortgage is something which to the rest of the world looks.... Lets just say they view it in the same light as the Queen, the obsession with Becks, the funny outfits in parliment, etc etc...

Most in the UK think that free markets are good.. But most people find that they are the ones which are exploited by them.

The house price growth spurt is the UK will be temporary.. Prices could not and cannot keep going up at that rate. To own or not own a house in the UK is not the ultimate validator of achievement, value or indeed existence itself. To talk of it in those terms is itself manifest nonsense. Many on this board, even while decrying the obsession with houses in the UK still ensure that they simultaneously differentiate themsleves from common "tenants" by classifying themselves as temporary tenants i.e. STR, "able to but not interested" etc etc Whether you own a house or not is not the point. A better goal would be self determination and financial security. If you have those or are working towards them,  by whatever  [legal?] means, good luck to you.

Superb summary Wuluf. Couldn't agree more. Excellent and thanks for this.

VP

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I think ZZ has had enough slagging.

Yes some of his posts have been controversial, perhaps even offensive to some sensitive types. But we are all here to debate the imminent HPC and debating can sometimes get a bit heated.

ZZ has made a massive contribution to this forum and although most people don't have the time and inclination to make that many posts, this forum wouldn't be the same without him.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I think you do ZZ a dis-service. If anyone asks him for an old thread or a graph he's there for them. This is in addition to pulling apart crap arguments and shreading them in blitzkrieg critiques, quote by quote. He means and means intensely. I'm glad he's around here.

As for Wuluf...Well Germany is so much better than the UK why don't you stay there and pester German forums all day long...Yawn. Britain, for all her faults, isn't boring. Echt. YOU sound like you've got a something to get off your chest about the "class elitism" of the UK. Well that may be so. Or maybe you have a nasty chip located somewhere just below your head.

As for all British" women being dogs" or "slags" or whatever you said you should rinse your face (and mutt) with domestos.

If you've got something useful to say let's be hearing it. Don't give us YOUR chronic inverted elitism- "I can speak Blah di blah languages so there". Who gives? Get in your BM and Bugger Off! Obergielllllllllll.

HOLA4416
I think ZZ has had enough slagging. 

Yes some of his posts have been controversial, perhaps even offensive to some sensitive types.  But we are all here to debate the imminent HPC and debating can sometimes get a bit heated.

ZZ has made a massive contribution to this forum and although most people don't have the time and inclination to make that many posts, this forum wouldn't be the same without him.

Here, here, zz has indeed made a masive contribution to HPC. He's very quick to put people straight with well reasoned arguements when they're talking rubbish.

certainly has a well tuned bull5hit detector

HOLA4417
If you've got something useful to say let's be hearing it. Don't give us YOUR chronic inverted elitism- "I can speak Blah di blah languages so there". Who gives? Get in your BM and Bugger Off! Obergielllllllllll.

Ok.. Just being honest... But I suppose living in a country where snobbery (and petty jealousy) doesnt exist you get used to just stating facts. Everyone and his dog has a BM here. The 3 series is/was the 2nd best selling car here after the Golf. Should have held counsel so as to not trouble your sensibilities. :) The reason I posted this is the first place is because in searching for an old post I came accross a post directed at me by ZZ (thinking I was a woman) calling me a b*tch. I also noted that it has been a long time since he attacked anyone like that and that recently in truth I have found his posts informative, timely, truthful and effective. My first intro to him was an online flame war. But it it obvious since then that he has mellowed.

I think that it is the mix of characters that makes this board what it is.. ZZ is one of the most prominent of those. Along with KOTC, Monkey, Charlie, DrBubb, Bullish Bear, dogbox... Eaxch distinct and somewhat opposed characters. If we were all like you the forum would already be dead. Some of my posts are intentionally contentious - to get a point across.

Now back to UK footy :) [at least that is entertaining UK fare!]

Oh and something useful for you... "Two words.. 1. Read 2. Comprehend 3. Use the ignore function"

Ciao

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I think Wuluf sums up the UK obsession with "owning" property very well, and I'm English. I don't think that is inverted elitism. One of the unfortunate aspects of UK life is that anyone "foreign" expressing a view of it is often instantly identified with "Johnny Foreigner" tirades (see above). But Wuluf is right, some British DO identify their intrinsic worth on the basis of having a mortgage, rather than their abilities to live a fruitful life outside the borders of their little castles.

VP

HOLA4420
As for Wuluf...Well Germany is so much better than the UK why don't you stay there and pester German forums all day long...Yawn. Britain, for all her faults, isn't boring.  Echt. YOU sound like you've got a something to get off your chest about the "class elitism" of the UK. Well that may be so. Or maybe you have a nasty chip located somewhere just below your head.

well said Jake, Wuluf is a self satisfied gimp who seems oblivious to his own countrys imperfections.

Germany's been in recession for the past decade, unemployment there is in double figures, their economy actually contracted last 1/4, the World Health Organisation now rates the NHS as superior to Germany's equivalent, Britain's economy has on average grown at double the rate of Germany's for the past *20* years and last year overtook Germany in GDP per capita, and as the icing on the cake last year the NDP (neo nazi party) made sweeping gains in the Saxony regional elections finishing just 0.5% behind Chancellor Schroeders party...People in glass houses Wuluf.

And im not bashing Germany btw - I like the place alot and think theres much to be admired about the place - just stating facts, which you're oh so great at doing when it comes to the UK so im sure you'll have no problem with me doing the same...and why does it not suprise me you're a BMW driver :lol:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest Charlie The Tramp
well said Jake, Wuluf is a self satisfied gimp who seems oblivious to his own countrys imperfections.

Strange that I was under the impression that wuluf was living and working in Germany and improving his German.

So we have imperfections in the UK. Never!

HOLA4423
Strange that I was under the impression that wuluf was living and working in Germany and improving his German.

So we have imperfections in the UK. Never!

im perfectly aware that the UK has imperfections, just as im perfectly aware that Germany does too being part German myself I take a keen interest in the country. That was my point :rolleyes:

HOLA4424

I find the personal flaming on here quite a bore, and imagine other people with a sensible point to make are put off doing so.

Views from extreme ends of the spectrum... either from slightly mad 21 year olds in bedsits prophecising doom, or from very rich landlord / property owner types at the other end are equally unhelpful to the real issues facing the majority of people.

HOLA4425

Perhaps.. But I am NOT German. Born, bred, educated (most of it) in London..

Plus I can recall saying a lot of nice things about Sweden, Japan, US and France too.

Germany's been in recession for the past decade, unemployment there is in double figures, their economy actually contracted last 1/4, the World Health Organisation now rates the NHS as superior to Germany's equivalent, Britain's economy has on average grown at double the rate of Germany's for the past *20* years and last year overtook Germany in GDP per capita, and as the icing on the cake last year the NDP (neo nazi party) made sweeping gains in the Saxony regional elections finishing just 0.5% behind Chancellor Schroeders party...People in glass houses Wuluf.

Not today please!

And im not bashing Germany btw - I like the place alot and think theres much to be admired about the place - just stating facts, which you're oh so great at doing when it comes to the UK so im sure you'll have no problem with me doing the same...

Couldnt care less. I totally agree about the NPD. The other stuff another time. Maybe when Im at work.

and why does it not suprise me you're a BMW driver :lol:

Like the concepts/words "posh" or "mate", that comment says more about you than me.. Sorry! You should have figured out by now that I dont follow the masses. It thus follows that my motivations for having the car are now the same as for the masses. Think about it.. Could be that someone gave it to me.

As for calling british girls "sl*gs" I didnt.. If Jake wanted to be sure of his facts he should have used the search facility. I said that they were "the dogs of europe". The comment was only said in "free" discouse about the drawbacks/advantages of immigration. In truth, apart from this statement, (which was just to make a point - and the point wasnt about gene pools), I would stand by everything that I have said on this board. Feel free to read it all. It may not be an opinion you agree with BUT it is consistent, devoid of personal attacks and if you read it has one or two nuggets of truth.

And finally sorry to disapoint but I am NOT going to get into name calling/personal insults. Like I said on another thread, the Internet world is populated with all types. It follows that some of us will not get on. Then just like in real life "ignore" them. The facility is there to do so.