House Price Crash Forum

Paragon Chart

urban_hymn

Yes ZZG I agree but if you look at my chart :)

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PAG.L&t...l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

it sort of looks different over the long term i.e. in relation to the timescale of a boom and bust in house prices the chart is near the top of its trend (however you say that in technical analyists jargon) so although its taken a few stray bullets it has yet to get that torpedo below the waterline.

However, the stock market is very perverse and the more gloomy the predictions for BTL the higher the price will go probably :rolleyes:

Hi pudniw, others

Here's the PAG chart again. What do you think is next. I can't think what can be sustaining the price now except deluded sentiment. Mortgage arrears are featuring in the news more and more these days. Does anyone know whether PAG are more or less exposed to bad debt than other lenders?

Hi pudniw, others

Here's the PAG chart again.  What do you think is next.  I can't think what can be sustaining the price now except deluded sentiment.  Mortgage arrears are featuring in the news more and more these days.  Does anyone know whether PAG are more or less exposed to bad debt than other lenders?

Bit of a tough one, it could be experiencing a sucker rally at the moment, but my gut instinct is to wait and see what happens to the price. The moving averages are still pointing upwards, the 100 day MA is above the 200 day MA, and the share price is above the 200 day MA.

I would try and research this one thoroughly because shorting is very tricky to do and remember news on the housing market isn't exactly the quickest out there.

As always do you own research.

:)

Thanks Pudniw, BBB. Time to get my head back in some technical analysis books.

I am now realising that the thought processes behind investment and behind betting are very different. Fundamentals are all very well but when you're betting you need to forget the notion of what a stock price should be doing and instead concentrate on what it is doing.

The trend is your friend!

Absolutely. Follow the money and try not to call tops and bottoms unless it's very clear. Prices always move further in the direction they are going than you expect. This is how most people lose because they call the turn too early and then panic out of the losing position just before the actual turn, only to see they were right in principle. We've all done it time and again. It's hard to short a share that has fallen for 2 days running because it was so much higher 2 days ago. But momentum plays are the best way for the small time investor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RSI looks oversold to me. The whole market fell last month, so PAG is just reflecting this. I expect the markets to bounce soon, which could PAG pull back and form a lower peak around 420ish.. or possibly break the recent downward trend. It's a bull market, y'know ;)