House Price Crash Forum

Hypothetical Question

treestump

I have been told today that when the Dollar goes down it will be for years not months. I have rather a lot of Dollars banked and would rather not change them at a rate of say $2-10 to the pound. Is it worth hanging on to them or cashing up and getting the higher interest for them in a U.K. account.

I really dont want to wait four years or so as I might as well cash up and invest here. :huh:

If you live in the UK and deal in Sterling, having dollars is just a currency bet so you need to decide whether you want to play the dollar long or if you want to cash up to Sterling and know how much money you have.

For my part, I think the demise of the dollar is overdone and I reckon it may make a comeback. At the moment, the world is paying for the US having to sort out Iraq by itself.