House Price Crash Forum

"cash Buyers Only"

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The vendor wants a quick sale so doesn't want to be in a chain. Cash buyers don't have to sell something first to raise the cash.

Probably worried that if he leaves it any longer it will be repo'ed or worth less.

There's a two bed end of terrace near me on for £125k "cash buyer", comparable are £160k

Edited by dom

HOLA447

This most often means that you would not be able to get a mortgage on the property-guess that will account for a lot more props in the near future though saying that :blink: The reasons vary but most commonly as above due to short lease remaining or a compulsory purchase order pending. Massive caveats would usually apply the facts of which you would certainly need to look very hard into before deciding whether the purchase price represents good value or not.

HOLA448

I looked at a "cash only" house a couple of years ago... The reason? It was falling down a mine-shaft.

Mortgage lenders will lend on almost everything if you've a large enough deposit... so any property ruling out anything but cash buyers clearly has something big to hide.

HOLA449
This most often means that you would not be able to get a mortgage on the property-

One common reason is that the management company set up to hold the freehold is non-compliant or non-existing.

This would result in a de-facto freehold flat which most lenders won't touch. Untill recently the problem could be papered over with indemnity insurance. I suspect this will no longer keep the lenders happy.

HOLA4410

In my experience the EAs often put this in an advert when what they actually mean is no chain.

Happened to me last week on a property I'm mildly interested in, called the EA who said I had to be a cash buyer, I said I was (this is not true but I believe lying to EAs doesn't count). What really struck me was that before I was allowed to view the property the vendor insisted he speak to me over the phone as a sort of interview. It turns out he did mean no chain and was hinting at the fact that we could bypass the EAs - as long as I paid full asking price!

And they say it's a buyer's market.

HOLA4411
It turns out he did mean no chain and was hinting at the fact that we could bypass the EAs - as long as I paid full asking price!

What a numptie, what's your incentive to agree to this? The fees are paid by the vendor! Plus he could still get sued later for any fraudulently-avoided fees.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I've seen a few flats with "Cash buyers only" on the ads. They seem somewhat cheap.

If they were all ex-LA flats I'd assume that was because you can't get a mortgage - but this isn't the case here - they're Victorian conversions. Anyone got any idea?

This is quite common in devon and cornwall with mundic buildings.

You will not get a mortgage on a building using mundic construction materials.

Im a bit confused with the situation. some think that it is a scam.

You can get a house for around 50% of the *value* if it is of mundic construction.

Now ive mentioned it - Can anyone enlighten me on this????

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Im a bit confused with the situation. some think that it is a scam.

You can get a house for around 50% of the *value* if it is of mundic construction.

Now ive mentioned it - Can anyone enlighten me on this????

It sounds like a type of pre-fab. For those who may not be familiar these are post-war shitholes thrown up to house the bombed-out masses as well as latterly for social housing. They were only supposed to be for 10 years or so but were still up in the 80s when many were modernised/improved, mainly to take the asbestos out.

You can get a mortgage on it but I'd recomend living in a cardboard box over one of these things.

Then again it might not be a pre-fab

HOLA4418
It sounds like a type of pre-fab. For those who may not be familiar these are post-war shitholes thrown up to house the bombed-out masses as well as latterly for social housing. They were only supposed to be for 10 years or so but were still up in the 80s when many were modernised/improved, mainly to take the asbestos out.

You can get a mortgage on it but I'd recomend living in a cardboard box over one of these things.

Then again it might not be a pre-fab

Mundic is not prefab.

Ive found a linky :-)

http://www.cgi-installer-software.com/site...lmundicscandal/

HOLA4419