House Price Crash Forum

Huge Increase In Sellers

NJP

HOLA441

Apologies if someone has already spotted this...

The top-right of the Rightmove website still says:-

Find your perfect home from over 350,000 properties for sale.

However:

January 2005:

Rightmove.co.uk has the widest choice of property for sale or for rent in the UK.

* Over 400,000 houses and flats

February 2005:

Rightmove.co.uk has the widest choice of property for sale or for rent in the UK.

* Over 530,000 houses and flats

Looks like the increase in property on EA's books is enormous.

HOLA442
Apologies if someone has already spotted this...

The top-right of the Rightmove website still says:-

However:

January 2005:

February 2005:

Looks like the increase in property on EA's books is enormous.

Can't treat this all as a bottom-line figure. Whilst most of that increase will be extra houses, I'm pretty sure some will be existing houses that are doubling or tripling up on EAs. If each EA is linked to Rightmove, the same property gets shown 3 times.

HOLA443
Can't treat this all as a bottom-line figure. Whilst most of that increase will be extra houses, I'm pretty sure some will be existing houses that are doubling or tripling up on EAs. If each EA is linked to Rightmove, the same property gets shown 3 times.

True, that is what I thought may have been having a significant effect in pushing the findaproperty figures up as well, but from recent searches the number of duplicate listings seems to be very small - a few % at most.

I think Rightmove may be showing the trend country-wide that has been shown in the Findaproperty figures for London over the last year or so - large increases in supply as demand reduces.

HOLA444

Fair point, but if that's the case, it's a sign of sellers becoming desparate. Either way, an increase in supply without an increase in demand can only point to price falls.

HOLA445
Fair point, but if that's the case, it's a sign of sellers becoming desparate. Either way, an increase in supply without an increase in demand can only point to price falls.

I think you're right. Where I live, I haven't seen a prop for sale under a single agent for weeks. At least 2, usually 3 agents.

HOLA446