House Price Crash Forum

Why Prices Are Unlikely To Drop Significantly

Londonea

HOLA441
I've been reading this site for a while and thought it was time to introduce myself. I am an EA for one of the major chains (not saying which!) and I work in the South London area.

I think next year may see stagnation in the market, but the fact is that the City will be seeing another year of huge bonuses and there are no signs of any lay offs. The credit crunch is only affecting a minority of bankers and the rest are still pulling in the dough for their firms and themselves. Not to mention the lawyers who are as busy as ever.

The fact is that most people in London have not really been overstretching themselves to an insane level, so things are under control. A huge number of people are coming to the end of fixed rates, but the rates available now are not to bad and are likely to get better over the next 6 months as the BoE starts to cut rates.

I expect a torrent of abuse for this, but I'm just giving my point of view and hopefully making a few people a little more realistic in their expectations. ;)

Londonea would you care to give us an update please :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I've been reading this site for a while and thought it was time to introduce myself. I am an EA for one of the major chains (not saying which!) and I work in the South London area.

I think next year may see stagnation in the market, but the fact is that the City will be seeing another year of huge bonuses and there are no signs of any lay offs. The credit crunch is only affecting a minority of bankers and the rest are still pulling in the dough for their firms and themselves. Not to mention the lawyers who are as busy as ever.

The fact is that most people in London have not really been overstretching themselves to an insane level, so things are under control. A huge number of people are coming to the end of fixed rates, but the rates available now are not to bad and are likely to get better over the next 6 months as the BoE starts to cut rates.

I expect a torrent of abuse for this, but I'm just giving my point of view and hopefully making a few people a little more realistic in their expectations. ;)

<Nelson Muntz>

HA! HA!

</Nelson Muntz>

• 3 months later...
HOLA443

How is the estate agent business in your part of the world? City big earners still buying?