House Price Crash Forum

Someone Has Rattled Rosie's Cage

That is precisely the situation I'm in; I couldn't agree more.

In a way, I hope Rancid Rosie isn't given the option of going bankrupt. Were that to happen, all the negative equity in her portfolio would be written off, she'd doubtless write a few lucrative sob story columns about being bankrupt and very soon be back to where she started, minus the negative equity millstone around her neck. Bankruptcy sounds too much like a get out of jail free card to me. Far better that she's made to every penny of her disposable income above what she needs for the absolute bare necessities to the mortgage providers until such time as the market comes back up again and she can sell the places and break even. In the meantime, no more glitzy premieres, no more £800 dresses, no more luxury holidays... :lol:

Word! :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suspicious that the article hasn't been posted on The Times website, they are usually very good. Her last article had some fantastic bearish comments posted to it, I guess she read them and then lost the plot!! Anway, I thought she was supposed to have finished writing about property for The Times?

I'm suspicious that the article hasn't been posted on The Times website, they are usually very good. Her last article had some fantastic bearish comments posted to it, I guess she read them and then lost the plot!! Anway, I thought she was supposed to have finished writing about property for The Times?

It's hard to find but one of the previous posters got it - http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle2800448.ece

That is precisely the situation I'm in; I couldn't agree more.

In a way, I hope Rancid Rosie isn't given the option of going bankrupt. Were that to happen, all the negative equity in her portfolio would be written off, she'd doubtless write a few lucrative sob story columns about being bankrupt and very soon be back to where she started, minus the negative equity millstone around her neck. Bankruptcy sounds too much like a get out of jail free card to me. Far better that she's made to every penny of her disposable income above what she needs for the absolute bare necessities to the mortgage providers until such time as the market comes back up again and she can sell the places and break even. In the meantime, no more glitzy premieres, no more £800 dresses, no more luxury holidays... :lol:

If she goes bankrupt she'll lose her main home. The BTL mortgages will be secured by a mortgage on her main home.

Stuff her. I hate middle-class wannabe millionaires who have no clue how to make money but, because they start out with a bit, decide to leech off other people by leveraging what little bit of money they do have and becoming a landlord.

Why not start a proper business if you want to make money airhead?

Go on, try it. You won't last 5 minutes.

If she goes bankrupt she'll lose her main home.

She'll have thought of that, probably (or more likely, she'll have paid someone to think of that). Their main residence is probably in her husband's name.

However, if she were forced to rent and experience what she's thus far been putting her tenants through, then I change my vote to bankrupting her!

she is the classic example of "Female Property Obsession Syndrome" a recently identified mental illness that tends to afflict high maintenance women who never have or never will hold down a high paying job but for some bizarre reason expect to live the life of a millionaire.

Possible symptoms

Carries many credit cards

Dresses beyond their means

Orders a glass of Champagne down the pub

Way to much make up

Favourite quotes "you can't go wrong with property" "rent is dead money"

We all know a few in our circle of friends they are now being outed :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by I Told You So

Gosh you're a flinty-hearted lot. Not a word of sympathy for the real victim in all of this.

The other Mr Clothier (I guess), you know, the brother-in-law.

The thought of having had to endure that demented harpy's cawing about her financial savvy, at compulsory family occasions, for so many years makes my bowels turn to water.

And now the poor sod is going to have Rosie the Retard bitching him up over how he ruined her life, for the rest of his (or her :) )days.

Could we all club together to buy him a case of wine or summat for crimbo? God knows he's gonna need it. Oh, and one of those pocket digital dictaphones with auto voice-activate. For the dinner :D

You heartless lot! - This poor girl will shortly be forced to change her food shopping habits. Can you guys even begin to grasp the hell of switching from Wealthrose to slumming it with the chavs at Sinburys? - The thought of being spotted :o

she is the classic example of "Female Property Obsession Syndrome" a recently identified mental illness that tends to afflict high maintenance women who never have or never will hold down a high paying job but for some bizarre reason expect to live the life of a millionaire.

Possible symptoms

Carries many credit cards

Dresses beyond their means

Orders a glass of Champagne down the pub

Way to much make up

Favourite quotes "you can't go wrong with property" "rent is dead money"

We all know a few in our circle of friends they are now being outed :lol::lol::lol:

Some of these attributes are remarkably close to Narcissistic Personality Disorder which are:

1. Excessive Egotism.

2. Delusions of Grandeur.

3. Attention Seeking

4. Belief that one is "special" and has entitlement beyond what is normal without commensurate effort.

5. Is lacking in empathy or understanding of others different from self.

6. Believes oneself to be unique, special and above others.

7. Is obsessed with or fascinated by celebrity.

8. Is shallow in thinking and emotions.

Every single one of Rosie's columns on property have two or more of these attributes.

VP

yes, that'll be the scavengers like myself who decided to stay on post degree and do phds (which take 4-5 years but are only funded for 3) and ended up leaving with bits of paper in hand and owing £x0,000s. we couldn't afford a deposit, let alone a mortgage while millard et. al. were happily snapping up ftb properties and pricing us out.

Here here! I laughed out loud when I saw the post about her being broke!

Some of these attributes are remarkably close to Narcissistic Personality Disorder which are:

1. Excessive Egotism.

2. Delusions of Grandeur.

3. Attention Seeking

4. Belief that one is "special" and has entitlement beyond what is normal without commensurate effort.

5. Is lacking in empathy or understanding of others different from self.

6. Believes oneself to be unique, special and above others.

7. Is obsessed with or fascinated by celebrity.

8. Is shallow in thinking and emotions.

Have you watched X Factor then? And i'm talking about the auditions! We have got half a million of these who haven't left school yet. I think the future of BTL is safe - we have the raw talent there in this country. :rolleyes:

She was on BBC Breakfast TV this morning wearing a short skirt and a pair of stockings - urgh put me off my cornflakes!

Anyway, they were talking about rising food prices - she said she wasn't bothered, muttered something about buying people cheap xmas presents, how she was considering selling the family Volvo - then, out of the blue said she was going to Paris on the Eurostar today.

So no money, might have to sell the car.........but still spending money like there's no tomorrow!