Channel 4 Dispatches 5.11.07

HOLA441
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
And all that - if accurate - is the fault of East Europeans, who came here to pick tomatoes etc B0llocks! Move on or email me but enough on here.

I never said anything anywhere like that, in a nutshell I said a worker paid for picking tomatoes - whatever nationality is far better to the economy than an unemployed parent paid 21k in benefits to bring up 2 kids, and more for having more kids, and why have an additional person come in from another country using finite rescources, inc houses when there are people here paid twice the amount for doing nothing already here already using the finite rescources, already in a house and putting a strain on the environment.

If accurate? I can assure you I am not a liar, and all the above save for personal anacdotes of course, is public knowledge.

Move on? on a forum? I thought it meant place of public opinion/debate but I shall concede.

I do hope you get to be my neighbour, I can't wait to have a proper debate with you!

Oh and I am sorry for the length of the post, I didn't realise how carried away I'd got.

HOLA444
Move on? on a forum? I thought it meant place of public opinion/debate but I shall concede.

I do hope you get to be my neighbour, I can't wait to have a proper debate with you!

Move on means either stop(?) or take it to another thread in a more appropriate area.

I hope it too. We WILL have a bottle and scream about the world. Then we'll put it right - just us. ;)

Two weeks on Friday. :unsure:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
When was this filmed - 5 years ago. Surely the question should be has and not will - young people have been priced out for some time.

More like 5 WEEKS ago - and, by the way chaps, there is a pinned thread already.

HOLA4411
The Housing Trap

Will Britain's house-price boom create a new generation unable ever to afford a home of their own?

Everything that has a beginning has an end.

Those Wachowski brothers - what visionaries!!!

Edited by nmarks

HOLA4412

I would agree with that, it also creates problems for people own there house like myself. I'm looking at moving back to Scotland and found that house prices around Glasgow are higher than in Nottingham. For £130,000 I'll get an ex council house in Milngavie, here it gets me a semi detached house with a garden.

I'm at my limit with respect to borrowing, I don't want to increase my 80k mortgage as it's painful enough as it is, so I'm stuck here unless I sell up and rent. It's not easy to sell up and rent when you have kids and and a dog, most rentals don't like pets these days.

To be honest I'm sort of getting fed up with Britain, sort of ready for selling up and going to live in France or Italy...been even these places are getting just as expensive.

Looking at recent events I'm not sure we'll see a property crash at all, we've had some of the worst financial news in decades but there not really any data to support claims of 20% falls in property prices. I'm expecting no more than 15%; which still puts property out of reach of most people.

I think buying property will be an exclusive club in about 20 years, with the majority having to rent.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

dubsie said:

"Looking at recent events I'm not sure we'll see a property crash at all..."

Quite! However bearish our views there is a distinct possibility that the much vaunted crash will not happen. The government and financial institutions are quite skilled in hoodwinking people...coupled with the fact that said people are comfortable with their delusions.

Members of this forum are certainly not deluded...but we are a very tiny percentage of the total population.

HOLA4416
dubsie said:

"

Members of this forum are certainly not deluded...but we are a very tiny percentage of the total population.

That simply is not true , any number of surveys have shown that a majority of people expect house prices to fall next year ... bloody hell even the CML exect them to fall in real terms. Granted the masses are not as well informed but most people, it seems, realise that this madness cannot continue ad infinitum.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Radio Times:

Dispatches Monday 05 November 8:00pm - 9:00pm

Channel 4

The Housing Trap

The flagship current affairs programme examines the problems facing first time house buyers trying to find a property in the current price boom. The investigation asks whether or not we are approaching a crisis point in which a generation of young people will not be able to afford thier own homes - and whether the government should be protecting the interests of investors or providing affordable housing for its citizens.

I hope this helps.

It's A RAMPING PROGRAMME!!

ffs - "In the current price boom!" Wonkers

- "..will not be able to afford their own homes" Cack.

If this were bearish it would simply say "Prices seem to be falling and it'll be bad for homeowners" All this 'poor FTB craap is just bullish and dangerous.

Livid.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

This is pinned but I know lots of us forget to look at the pinned section.

So please BUMP this if you read it so we all see it.

Looks pretty good.

Edited by GAL BEAR

HOLA4424
HOLA4425