House Price Crash Forum

Chaos Just Broken Out Over Immigration Data

How will they ever get off of benefits if companies ship in unskilled labourers from abroad instead of hiring them?

Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but surely British companies in Britain adopting a 'No Britons' hiring policy is absurd?

Have I ever said that?

I have said I would not want to employ lazy chavs living off benefits (following a discussion to reduce benefits). I have never talked about employing only foreign people. Any hard-working Briton would of course be extremely welcome.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is your quote in black and white:

"Still, if I had my own company and I had the option to employ some hard working Polish people or, for the same money, some chavs I would not think twice and I would go for the foreigners."

how the hell would you know someone of any nationality was hard working before you employ them (because they are polish i suppose?) and don't add lazy and benefits in there to back-pedal and re-frame.

i think you are ridiculous and boring, i agree we should stop it.

Yeah, thanks for the quote... exactly. We were talking about lazy chavs living off benefits and I have said I would prefer a hard working Polish person compared to a lazy chav.

How do you know? Easy, CV and references... changed job every 2 weeks and unemployed most of the time? Are the few references saying you are lazy? I would not employ you. It's of course not based on nationality and not all Polish people are hard-working anyway.

Haven't you got anything better to do than arguing with me about nothing?! I have said very sensible things, would you employ a lazy person?

Ok, forget it...

Yeah, thanks for the quote... exactly. We were talking about lazy chavs living off benefits and I have said I would prefer a hard working Polish person compared to a lazy chav.

How do you know? Easy, CV and references... changed job every 2 weeks and unemployed most of the time? Are the few references saying you are lazy? I would not employ you. It's of course not based on nationality and not all Polish people are hard-working anyway.

Haven't you got anything better to do than arguing with me about nothing?! I have said very sensible things, would you employ a lazy person?

Ok, forget it...

no you didn't you have added the lazy adjective afterwards, to try and cover the fact that you are a bigot.

Polish people coming here working for minimum wage don't have CV's and references worth anything. Don't make me laugh.

I'm not arguing about nothing. You haven't said anything sensible. I would employ a person on their merits. You wouldn't. You use nationality and whether someone is a chav or not to help you decide.

no you didn't you have added the lazy adjective afterwards, to try and cover the fact that you are a bigot.

Polish people coming here working for minimum wage don't have CV's and references worth anything. Don't make me laugh.

I'm not arguing about nothing. You haven't said anything sensible. I would employ a person on their merits. You wouldn't. You use nationality and whether someone is a chav or not to help you decide.

Stop pretending you know what I meant, but more importantly stop using negative adjectives to describe me, you are being rude. This attacks you are doing are off topic, boring and useless. I am not covering anything, I am just telling you what I meant. Do you think you know what I meant more than I do?! Well, this is silly, don't you think?

As for the CV, foreign people, after a couple of jobs in the UK will have both CVs and references. You can laugh if you want.

I have said very sensible things, you are not listening. You have closed your ears and your eyes, you think something about me and you are not changing your mind. This is your problem and not mine.

Of course I would employ people based on merits, of course I do not use nationality to decide. All I have said is that given two people, a lazy Briton and a hard working Polish I would go for the Polish. Of course, given other two people, a lazy Polish and a hard working Briton I would go for the Briton. Is this so hard to comprehend? No, but you do not seem to get it.

I do not even know why I am defending myself, you are just embarassing yourself.

Stop pretending you know what I meant, but more importantly stop using negative adjectives to describe me, you are being rude. This attacks you are doing are off topic, boring and useless. I am not covering anything, I am just telling you what I meant. Do you think you know what I meant more than I do?! Well, this is silly, don't you think?

As for the CV, foreign people, after a couple of jobs in the UK will have both CVs and references. You can laugh if you want.

I have said very sensible things, you are not listening. You have closed your ears and your eyes, you think something about me and you are not changing your mind. This is your problem and not mine.

Of course I would employ people based on merits, of course I do not use nationality to decide. All I have said is that given two people, a lazy Briton and a hard working Polish I would go for the Polish. Of course, given other two people, a lazy Polish and a hard working Briton I would go for the Briton. Is this so hard to comprehend? No, but you do not seem to get it.

I do not even know why I am defending myself, you are just embarassing yourself.

I thought you meant what you wrote Tommy. If you don't mean it don't write it. That's silly don't you think? Writing things you do not mean and expecting everybody else to think that you meant the opposite to what you wrote. Very silly behaviour.

I am laughing my head off. Are you going to take seriously a CV from somebody who has worked at Joe's car wash for 3.50 an hour. It's becoming more and more absurd every time you write something. have you been brainwashed or something?

You have not said anything sensible.

Stop adding adjectives to back-pedal and re-frame. You would take foreigners before British is what you said in plain English. You have now nearly got to the point where I said you should be at about 100 posts ago. It has taken you a long time. What should happen, is that you take a hard-working 'person' over a lazy 'person' no nationalities or colours or any other of your bigoted views should come into that decision. Do you get it Tommy? Not hard at all.

It's easy, I explained it 100 posts ago.

I am embarassed for you Tommy, I am embarassed for you.

7% each year is way above inflation.

Wrong. 7% is way above the inflation figures like CPI which are innacurate anyway. A fair measure of inflation would probably be 10-12%. A fair measure of inflation would include basic expenses like food, accomodation and bills. Items that I think aren't in the CPI basket. An increase of 7% a year seems easily fair to me.

I thought you meant what you wrote Tommy. If you don't mean it don't write it. That's silly don't you think? Writing things you do not mean and expecting everybody else to think that you meant the opposite to what you wrote. Very silly behaviour.

I am laughing my head off. Are you going to take seriously a CV from somebody who has worked at Joe's car wash for 3.50 an hour. It's becoming more and more absurd every time you write something. have you been brainwashed or something?

You have not said anything sensible.

Stop adding adjectives to back-pedal and re-frame. You would take foreigners before British is what you said in plain English. You have now nearly got to the point where I said you should be at about 100 posts ago. It has taken you a long time. What should happen, is that you take a hard-working 'person' over a lazy 'person' no nationalities or colours or any other of your bigoted views should come into that decision. Do you get it Tommy? Not hard at all.

It's easy, I explained it 100 posts ago.

I am embarassed for you Tommy, I am embarassed for you.

Rubbish, I have never said that...

Do you have a crystal ball? Are you a fortune teller? No! Well, do not pretend you know what I meant then.

I obviously know what I meant and what I think better than you do. You keep insulting me and pretending I have said some things I have never said.

What do I have to do more than saying: I have never said I would take foreigners before British, you have misunderstood me. I have ONLY said I would prefer a hard working Polish over a lazy British. (this is the 100th time I am repeating this simple concept). Given a hard-working British and lazy Polish, I would of course go for the British one.

The point I raised is that for Polish peole the minimum wage is a good wage (at least initially) and so there are many very hard working Polish people looking for minimum wage jobs, this is why people are happily employing them: because they are hard working (and not because they are Polish).

This is all I have said!

I have expressed my thoughts on a topic, you are free to express yours on the same topic. I do not know why instead you have started insulting me. If I say A and you think B, say "I think B", but do not call me bigot, ridicuolus and rude because I have said A, especially when you then pretend I have said C, a completely made up distorted version of A.

I also want to say I am not back-pedalling, I am constantly repeating exactly the same things! If you think I am back pedalling maybe you are starting to see that you misunderstood me initially.

Haven't you got anything better to do than accusing me for no reason whatsoever? You see, in this forum people should express their views of various topics, and this is what I have done. If you were saying: "I think you are wrong for this reason, so I think xxx is the right thought" you would be constructive... but accusing me destructively and distorting my views is a waste of time, it's off topic and does not interest anyone. Also you talking at a personal level, which is never nice, especially when you do not know me, you have misunderstood all I have said, and you're using very negative adjectives to describe me. Who's rude?

What should happen, is that you take a hard-working 'person' over a lazy 'person' ...

Are you kidding me?! This is what I have said since the beginning and this is what I have been repeating all the way through. You are right! But so am I! We are saying the same thing here...

... no nationalities or colours or any other of your bigoted views should come into that decision.

Ok, when have I ever talked about colours? I hope you will not start pretending I have talked about colours as well.

I hope you get paid to spend time insulting me unjustly, otherwise you must have a very sad and boring life to spend your time doing this pointless thing.

Wrong. 7% is way above the inflation figures like CPI which are innacurate anyway. A fair measure of inflation would probably be 10-12%. A fair measure of inflation would include basic expenses like food, accomodation and bills. Items that I think aren't in the CPI basket. An increase of 7% a year seems easily fair to me.

Ok, if you do not like CPI forget CPI, but RPI also has always been lower than 5% recently. How do you come up with 10% - 12%? have you got a link or a reference? It seems really really high!