House Price Crash Forum

So Should I Sell?

sammy21

HOLA441

moved out of my place this year (studio in north london) and currently living in spain. 2 year (low) fixed rate ends in jan. have mates who are willing to rent from me, covers all my mortgages etc but i think if i don't sell now i would want to sell in 2 years anyway.

After seeing this site and the scary headlines, i think i should sell...at least try to get the maximum for it. I have a meeting with an agent on Mon, he seems to think it will go quickly at the price i want. i'm not overpricing it but 155k for a studio would make me happy.

everyones telling me to sell if i get the price,

are they right??

so confusing.

HOLA442
moved out of my place this year (studio in north london) and currently living in spain. 2 year (low) fixed rate ends in jan. have mates who are willing to rent from me, covers all my mortgages etc but i think if i don't sell now i would want to sell in 2 years anyway.

After seeing this site and the scary headlines, i think i should sell...at least try to get the maximum for it. I have a meeting with an agent on Mon, he seems to think it will go quickly at the price i want. i'm not overpricing it but 155k for a studio would make me happy.

everyones telling me to sell if i get the price,

are they right??

so confusing.

Will you need it now or in the future?..does it give you pleasure?...are you proud of it?...are you prepared to service it and maintain it?

If not sell it. ;)

HOLA443
Will you need it now or in the future?..does it give you pleasure?...are you proud of it?...are you prepared to service it and maintain it?

If not sell it. ;)

as i'm not really going to live in it (if i have friends/tenants) its not going to give me the pleasure of it being my own place i can crash at any more. would love to keep it empty for me to do that, but interest rates mean my mortgage payments at least £150 more per month. yeah i can service it from afar but i know that i want to definetely sell it in 2 years. so i may as well sell now if i can get the price.....thats whats everyones saying! cos 2 years down the line i may get the same but thats with 2 years of "servicing" it!!! sammy the landlady..funny thought!

HOLA444
as i'm not really going to live in it (if i have friends/tenants) its not going to give me the pleasure of it being my own place i can crash at any more. would love to keep it empty for me to do that, but interest rates mean my mortgage payments at least £150 more per month. yeah i can service it from afar but i know that i want to definetely sell it in 2 years. so i may as well sell now if i can get the price.....thats whats everyones saying! cos 2 years down the line i may get the same but thats with 2 years of "servicing" it!!! sammy the landlady..funny thought!

So you have answered your own question...better to do so sooner rather than later.

Good Luck. ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446

... and you may well not get the same price, and you may have periods when you can't rent it out, eg what if your friends get hitched or move away? In the worst case, if they lose the jobs in the recession that many predict is just around the corner, how would you feel about turfing them out due to non-payment of rent?

From what you've said about your circumstances and plans, it looks to me like selling is all up-side.

HOLA447
... and you may well not get the same price, and you may have periods when you can't rent it out, eg what if your friends get hitched or move away? In the worst case, if they lose the jobs in the recession that many predict is just around the corner, how would you feel about turfing them out due to non-payment of rent?

From what you've said about your circumstances and plans, it looks to me like selling is all up-side.

i'll let you know what happens this week. lets see how good or bad the market is.

i may have a private buyer in mind. not a big fan of agents charging me 3k to sell a flat on gumtree.