House Price Crash Forum

Scottish Prices On The Up

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
According to Lloyds TSB January has seen a return to the Scottish house price boom. Not what I wanted to see

I can today announce that Ive received an offer on the B2L studio Ive had up for 10 days. The offer is £99000 (cash) on £104000. Im holding out for more. Jesus, dont people know a bargain when they see one. Im even prepared to leave the Tricity Bendix Cooker.

You know, I actually do feel a bit sorry for FTBs that prices are high but at the same time I remember when I first bought in 1991, it was a daunting struggle and everyone was down in the dumps. Will it always be thus? I think so.

HOLA446
Will it always be thus? I think so.

If you thought it would always be thus, you'd keep it, since it's an investment. And don't give me all that rubbish about releasing the cash for a better investment - if it was better than you thought residential was, you'd borrow the money and keep the flat.

By selling you're proving you don't believe your own bull posturing.

Does anyone agree with me?

HOLA447
HOLA448

dogbox is selling quick. and he managed to make one of the very last property profits.

i would agree with CO and Benjamin is right on the ball i think. mild last of the desperate mugs rise until march/election/may and we overheat in summer.

we've got one good summer left before the penny drops with the public and people realise what they've done.

then "anus horriblis".

then "crachette on toast"

then "stagnation for 2 yrs"

then "mass unemployment"

then "pension crisis kicks in"

and its all your overlendings fault....!!!!

my fav film....the borrowers.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
So you mean.... gasp....... Dogbox isn't  as daft as he sounds?

no. dogbox is still a sheep but hes a sheep that makes monkeys out of hard working people. he made 10k on that flat in the time it took him to post his goads on this site. hes not smart and just following the herd. but its a big herd and he has a small 10k part in a massive multi billion house inflation fraud.

a kind of new social order hybrid owner/renter/owner/earner.

as long as there are still greedy people thinking its a bargain, then theres nothing we can do.

good luck to him for being so bold. and well done to the idiot that bought it for such a crazy price. buyers like that just deserve to be stung anyway ?

"behold the bold sodier, control the globe slowly.

off to iran swinging swords like shinobi."

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
no. dogbox is still a sheep but hes a sheep that makes monkeys out of hard working people. he made 10k on that flat in the time it took him to post his goads on this site. hes not smart and just following the herd. but its a big herd and he has a small 10k part in a massive multi billion house inflation fraud.

a kind of new social order hybrid owner/renter/owner/earner.

as long as there are still greedy people thinking its a bargain, then theres nothing we can do.

good luck to him for being so bold. and well done to the idiot that bought it for such a crazy price. buyers like that just deserve to be stung anyway ?

"behold the bold sodier, control the globe slowly.

off to iran swinging swords like shinobi."

Ive not even accepted Her offer yet guys. Im trying to squeze the Bytch up a bit.

If you are interested she is buying for her son who is 14. She also wants a 2 bed for her daughter who has a baybay.

I dont know why I get so much flack. All I did was buy a studio, which had been on the market a few months. I paid £88000 and completed 10 months ago. To be honest, I was aware the market was changing but I simply bought the cheapest unit in the whole area thinking that as I own the first rung of the ladder I could put the rung a little higher when it came to selling.

Its not a case of being a sheep, I was aware the market was turning and I was taking a gamble, but I surmised I couldnt loose, because if the price fell I would simply wait, but on the other hand if it rose I nick a quick profit.

You are right now facing the same choices I did (and have several times) 10 months ago. Do u or dont u?

HOLA4413
Ive not even accepted Her offer yet guys. Im trying to squeze the Bytch up a bit.

If you are interested she is buying for her son who is 14. She also wants a 2 bed for her daughter who has a baybay.

I dont know why I get so much flack. All I did was buy a studio, which had been on the market a few months. I paid £88000 and completed 10 months ago. To be honest, I was aware the market was changing but I simply bought the cheapest unit in the whole area thinking that as I own the first rung of the ladder I could put the rung a little higher when it came to selling.

Its not a case of being a sheep, I was aware the market was turning and I was taking a gamble, but I surmised I couldnt loose, because if the price fell I would simply wait, but on the other hand if it rose I nick a quick profit.

You are right now facing the same choices I did (and have several times) 10 months ago. Do u or dont u?

Exactly. At the end of the day Dogbox put his money where his mouth is and came out ahead. Perhaps now the ultra bears on this forum will stop slagging off anyone who disagrees with them.

Personally I don't think the housing market is a good investment now, but I'm not beyond considering another point of view.

HOLA4414

go dogbox. put that biach' on ice.

how did you get the sale so quick. did you use a lure ?

a modern day dick turpin.

HOLA4415

I don't think you have a flat at all, it's just a dream of yours, stop making things up dreamerbox!! :lol::lol:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I can today announce that Ive received an offer on the B2L studio Ive had up for 10 days. The offer is £99000 (cash) on £104000. Im holding out for more. Jesus, dont people know a bargain when they see one. Im even prepared to leave the Tricity Bendix Cooker.

You forgot to mention that all the other flats on the street are on for 140K, its amasing how that little details shews reality.

Just think if you'd sold last summer, you'd have got 40K more, such is life.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4418
Isn't property in Scotland the most affordable in the UK (outside Edinburgh)? I'm sure I read an article saying that not too long ago.

On an earnings multiple Scotland is still 'most affordable'. But as you would expect, this statistic is subject to the law of averages. Remember we also have 8 of the 12 most deprived boroughs in the whole of the UK, record levels of non-workers (incapacity benefit etc) and areas where even the optimistic EA would find hard to spin postively (remember Trainspotting?).

The galling thing is that this 'survey' gives no data, contradicts the hard sales data in the Land Registry and ESPC sales figures and is full of VI anecdote.

Timing is everything but I am sorely tempted to bet on a big fall in Scotland with IG.

HOLA4419
Isn't property in Scotland the most affordable in the UK (outside Edinburgh)? I'm sure I read an article saying that not too long ago.

Yes, that is what I read as well. However an attic flat (2 bed) has just come on round the corner for offers over £145k which means it is expected to sell for around £165k. This is outside of Edinburgh and Glasgow. Does not sound affordable to me.

HOLA4420

No one should get phased by what may be happening in Scotland; it's a different country and a very different house market.

I lived there for three years and the way houses are sold is by setting an 'Upset', or reserve. Houses always sold for more than the Upset because it's essentially an auction.

Meanwhile down here in my part of England (another country) prices are about to fall like a lift without cables. Hold on folks - 40% drop in real prices over 2-4 years is my prediction.

HOLA4421

Are 14 yr olds allowed to live in their own studio flats?

HOLA4422
Yes, that is what I read as well. However an attic flat (2 bed) has just come on round the corner for offers over £145k which means it is expected to sell for around £165k. This is outside of Edinburgh and Glasgow. Does not sound affordable to me.

I was interested in a one bed + box flat in Gorgie, Edinburgh. It went very recently for (I'm pretty sure) low 90's. According to Nethouseprices, it changed hands in April '03 for 68k. That means, if this sale goes thruogh, that the value has gone up about a grand a month for two whole years. Even if 92k is affordable, it does make you wonder why you should pay that much.

G'night.

HOLA4423

Also in Scotland but seeing quite a different picture. At the start of the year, the Fife Solicitor's Property Centre had 319 properties on its books with an average asking price of £179800. There are now 361 properties on the books with an average asking price of just over £165000. That's about 8% down in 6 weeks...

Last year asking prices here were still rocketing but SELLING prices were not. We have gone from a situation in which sellers were getting 20-30% over asking (St Andrews area) to a lot of properties going fixed price (fixed close to asking) and now some are even selling below asking. I know of someone who got a £60000 reduction on a property only 10 miles out of St Andrews at the end of last year.

HOLA4424
More boom = more bust

Wrong actually ! Although Scotland has had several booms, it hasn't had a bust yet.

In fact, Edinburgh hasn't had a single year - yes that's right a single year - of annual house price growth below 0% for over 38 years... and I'll tell you what, there's still a long long wat to go before we catch up with Dublin, London, Palma etc etc.

Is the market about to go bananas again this year, yip. I can tell you that right now it is possibly the maddest it's been for 3 years.

HOLA4425
Wrong actually !  Although Scotland has had several booms, it hasn't had a bust yet.

In fact, Edinburgh hasn't had a single year - yes that's right a single year - of annual house price growth below 0% for over 38 years... and I'll tell you what, there's still a long long wat to go before we catch up with Dublin, London, Palma etc etc.

Is the market about to go bananas again this year, yip.  I can tell you that right now it is possibly the maddest it's been for 3 years.

C'mon bears indulge in a B2L in Edinburgh. You could make a rapid gain over the next 12 months (20%+). If u dont make a worthwhile gain just sit tight and let the tenant pay the interest until the gains roll - in.