House Price Crash Forum

Hi three years ago this property was 105,000. We was looking at houses in this area ,what a change in prices OMG.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-445..._t=buy&chnl=buy

no chain,thats about right,more and more of these suckers cropping up now,wonder how long the seller is willing to have it standing about empty still i guess if they only paid 105,000 3 years ago they can wait a fair while before it begins to become a financial liability.................. :ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Hi three years ago this property was 105,000. We was looking at houses in this area ,what a change in prices OMG.

Loughton, Chigwell, and Buckhurst Hill are considered to be Chav free, with nice schools, and many elitist snobs. May not get hit as hard as you think in the downturn.

Could be considered as a new Little England. <_<

i cant see what the problems is.

yes the house has gone up a lot, but remember wages have quadrupled since then.

Not in the last three years they haven't. In fact over the last 10 years the average national wage has only increased 50%, while house prices have increased 300%. So no, wages haven't "quadrupled" over the last three years. :rolleyes:

This is precisely the sort of place that will be hardest hit in the crash. Absolutely nothing unique about it or the location.

50% down or more over the next 4 years.

Bumped into an old friend today: His grandfather is trying to sell his 4 bed house in Watford: 16 months ago he was told he'd get £1 Million for it; he is now not getting ANY offers - over £600k....... 40% drop in a6 months.......!! HMMMM....!!!!!!! :D

EP - I'd assume the original valuation was well out of kilter - probably 15% too high. But even so a pretty substantial reduction. Who knows how much it might go for?

Watford is another nothing place. A typical satellite town neither close to the centre of London nor far enough out to be rural.

A million quid for a 4 bedroom house - did it sit in 2 acres???

Bumped into an old friend today:  His grandfather is trying to sell his 4 bed house in Watford: 16 months ago he was told he'd get £1 Million for it; he is now not getting ANY offers - over £600k....... 40% drop in a6 months.......!! HMMMM....!!!!!!! :D

1 mill....in f*cking Watford!!!!! Are people of their trolley :blink:

i cant see what the problems is.

yes the house has gone up a lot, but remember wages have quadrupled since then.

Wages quadrupled? How do you work that out?

One of the mysteries of life, as far as I am concerned, is how prices still keep managing to go up and up and yet wages advertised in recruitment agency windows have been stubbornly in the 14k to 20k range for donkey's years.

Unskilled people like bus drivers, postmen etc are earning the same money now they were 15 years ago. It baffles me.

Loughton, Chigwell, and Buckhurst Hill are considered to be Chav free, with nice schools, and many elitist snobs. May not get hit as hard as you think in the downturn.

Could be considered as a new Little England.  <_<

There are a heck of a lot of Essex Wives in the area. Chavs with dosh are the worst kind. They dont seem to notice that comfortably off civilised people on the whole are under - stated and dont need to wear giant labelled D & G sun glasses or charge around in BMW X5s - yawn.

Wages quadrupled? How do you work that out?

One of the mysteries of life, as far as I am concerned, is how prices still keep managing to go up and up and yet wages advertised in recruitment agency windows have been stubbornly in the 14k to 20k range for donkey's years.

Unskilled people like bus drivers, postmen etc are earning the same money now they were 15 years ago. It baffles me.

Were busmen and postmen buying houses 25 years ago? I would have thought they were council house renters who then got lucky with the right to buy fad.

(Pure conjecture on my part).

Were busmen and postmen buying houses 25 years ago? I would have thought they were council house renters who then got lucky with the right to buy fad.

Depends which part of the country they lived in. I don't think many postmen in the London area would have been able to buy 25-30 years ago. My brothers are in non-professional jobs, and only did it through the council house purchase scheme.

in most of the uk you could buy a small terrace (then really out of fashion) for about £1000 people like postmen earned £800..........in say 1970....

the same houses were £5000 by 1977...........£15000 by 1982............£48000 by 1988...........and now £145000.............all the time increasing RELATIVE to earnings................

Well when I was a kid growing up 25 yrs ago in Manchester, our neighbours were West Indians, a bus driver & a nurse, who owned their 3 bed semi. A few years later they emigrated again, to Canada!