House Price Crash Forum

B B C Radio 5 Live 18.10.07

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

"doomsayer" Financial Planner, there

This kind of comment infuriates me, these people believe they have somehow earnt the price "increases" they believe they are now entitled to some way, and conveniently forget the misery of those priced out

It is THEY who are doomsayers, for wanting this ridiculous situation to continue

Well done, FP

HOLA445
HOLA446

This is a bit controverial, but here goes: I think FP would have more credibility if he wasn't the 'spokesperson' for this web site. I don't think this web site has a consistent viewpoint amongst its posters, even within the bears, and with a spokesperson it makes it seem to outsiders that there is a concensus of opinion here that I don't believe exists.

At the moment there is a danger that the name of the web site will colour the viewpoint of the listener too early. An aim for the future would be to try to structure the presentation so that the word "doomsayer" doesn't appear at all! Although this was the fault of the interviewer in this case.

The arguments stand on their own two feet, which is the important thing. From a style point of view, I would avoid pointing fingers at anyone until after the arguments are made. I still don't believe the man on the street is ready for up-front finger pointing just yet.

Other than that, I think the interview (for the short time it was!) was good.