House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ash4781

Nr Directors' Will Be Grilled By The Treasury Select Committee (tuesday)

Or just like before, the people being "grilled" will realise the people "grilling" them have no understanding of the situation within the first 60 seconds and start smiling to themselves.

The stupidity involved in the recent sessions, "like being attacked by a man weilding a sponge" was one of them as a third party comments I think with the BOE.

Edited by maxwell

Can anyone find a link to parliament.tv for where the FSA were recently quizzed? I think it was last Thursday... but I can't find a video like the one we had of Mervyn King being quizzed.

oh god, not by the same bunch that "grilled" Mervin King?

"Darkened cinema" ????

I doubt Mr King Himself will be doing the grilling, But I really would like to see that... Oh yes I would. very much.

He may not be one for the political theatrics, but I'm sure his BBQ skewers would be well sharpened.

oh god, not by the same bunch that "grilled" Mervin King?

"Darkened cinema" ????

I doubt Mr King Himself will be doing the grilling, But I really would like to see that... Oh yes I would. very much.

He may not be one for the political theatrics, but I'm sure his BBQ skewers would be well sharpened.

I believe that it would be chaired by Ian McFall - just as Mervin's grilling was.

I would really like to see what the FSA dudes have to say for themselves. I found Mervin's replies extraordinarily informative - hence why I'd also like to listen to the answers defending the FSA - presumably supplied by John Geive?

Still can't find a similar video... Humph!

I believe that it would be chaired by Ian McFall - just as Mervin's grilling was.

I would really like to see what the FSA dudes have to say for themselves. I found Mervin's replies extraordinarily informative - hence why I'd also like to listen to the answers defending the FSA - presumably supplied by John Geive?

Still can't find a similar video... Humph!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry803573

Guest Bart of Darkness
I would really like to see what the FSA dudes

Don't you mean dupes?

Or duds?

I bet that nothing will come out of it.

wait for a statement such as "unpredictable market forces generated a crisis blah blah"..... <_<

I bet that nothing will come out of it.

wait for a statement such as "unpredictable market forces generated a crisis blah blah"..... <_<

Yep. Just like the FSA meeting.

Northern Rock should be crucified, but they'll just say we have a sound business model... no one could have predicted it...

Very interesting again... The difference between Sir Callum McCarthy/Hector Sants and Mervyn King was striking...

Not only did they do as close to "our fault, and we know it (but it was our strategy rather than execution of that strategy which caused the fiasco)" as I'd ever imagine hearing... but the FSA were openly accused of briefing the press against the Bank of England! Amazing stuff... they seemed to be completely unable to justify anything the FSA did with respect to Northern Rock...

Ian McFall seemed a complete prat again - so, no surprise there. I was taken aback with the venom with which other committee members attacked the FSA... it wasn't subtle.

Yes as i watch they are kicking into the guy but i bet they forget to address the problom of the FSA doing sweet FA over the past four years.

same will happen to self cert morgages when it blows but again the FSA will be resovled of all blame.

talk about staged managed propaganda

Guy just said that during stresh tests of the system we did not count on house prices droping 40% and no one questioned these figures so it must be true in at least one of the markets where NR are big players.

Just saw an interesting clip from this, roughly quoted:

'Lots of people saw this coming, other banks not affected, why was Northern Rock ?'

'Well, unlike the other banks we didn't have access to US funds via American subsidiaries and <becoming

muffled due to questioner starting talking again> european funds from the <barely

audible> ECB.'

Possibly the most important point, i.e. all the other banks are in trouble and borrowing too, just washed over.

Pent

Just saw an interesting clip from this, roughly quoted:

'Lots of people saw this coming, other banks not affected, why was Northern Rock ?'

'Well, unlike the other banks we didn't have access to US funds via American subsidiaries and <becoming

muffled due to questioner starting talking again> european funds from the <barely

audible> ECB.'

Possibly the most important point, i.e. all the other banks are in trouble and borrowing too, just washed over.

Pent

I'll have to find that one!