House Price Crash Forum

Grumpy Old Ming Campbell Resigning

Timil

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Sky Reporting that that Sir Ming Campbell Resigning and Nick Clegg favourite to replace.

Now that Camerons wiping the floor with Crash Gordon, ol grumpy's gettin the bullet.

and

Paul Fitzsimons is being replaced as Manager at Tesco's in Aberdeen !

Who cares !

Libdems is a 3rd rate party.

HOLA444
Guest Popalot
Sky Reporting that that Sir Ming Campbell Resigning and Nick Clegg favourite to replace.

Now that Camerons wiping the floor with Crash Gordon, ol grumpy's gettin the bullet.

Oh bless. I like him and Elspeth. Those idiots do not stand a chance in a snowstorm, they will vote in Clegg, because they think he has the Blair Cameron bouffon youthful touch. But what is a few percentage points when they will remain a perpetual minority. IDIOTS.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Well, thats interesting, old Ming the Merciless out, though pretty much expected. Some think the Libdems are pretty irrelevant anyway. However they only steal votes from the Tories and allow Labour in, to tax us and screw us over

All hail Crash Gordon, the Subprime Minister!

HOLA447

weren't most of the recent tory gains at the expense of the liberals rather than labour?

he was a bit of a non entity anyway imo, his days were numbered after the snap election was cancelled

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Not before time. He was hopeless.

Hopeless at what please? Or is this ageist reasoning? If one READS what he says, rather than, as some do, LOOK at him and write him off due to age, he actually stands out as one of the more wise, sensible and knowedgeable leaders of any political party in years.

I was appalled when the Beeb pulled together a bunch of "focus group" people and asked their opinions on the three main party leaders, and all but perhaps one girl in this focus group slagged off Campbell PURELY because of his age, citing the most breathtakingly shallow and vacuous reasoning.

Xfactor-politics. A nation hooked on such hollow, vain trivia deserves the worst possible leaders, and eventually gets them.

VP

HOLA4415
Guest The_Oldie
Vince cable as acting leader.

Isn't he a HPC bear ?

I don't know about that, but it came out during a Sky interview just now that Cable is a professional economist.

HOLA4416

Some think the Libdems are pretty irrelevant anyway. However they only steal votes from the Tories and allow Labour in, to tax us and screw us over [Vespasion]

'Labour loser's parting shot':

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...rting_shot.html

An ousted Labour MP's parting shot was to splash his Lib Dem replacement's mobile phone number over his website. Keith Bradley lost the Manchester Withington seat he had held for 18 years, in one of the biggest upsets of the General Election.

[...snip...]

Mr Leech, Manchester's first-ever Lib Dem MP, accused Mr Bradley of being "a bad loser" -- but pledged to keep his phone number and answer all genuine calls.

[...snip...]

Mr Bradley lost a 11,524 majority on a massive 17 per cent swing. After the count, he accused the Lib Dems of running a "scurrilous" campaign that misrepresented his position on the Iraq war and falsely claimed the Christie Hospital could close.

HOLA4417

HPC DOOD VINCE IS THE NEW LEADER

(until a new one is properly elected of course)

thats as usefull to a house price crash as a snowflake is in hell- no chance

some bears really need to separate logic from reality- the data suggest we might be due for a correction- but guess what? House prices are still rising- and dont give me the crap about 1/2 % falls- they'll do FA to affordable housing-

HOLA4418
Xfactor-politics. A nation hooked on such hollow, vain trivia deserves the worst possible leaders, and eventually gets them.

VP

Exactly!

More brains and integrity than the last two leaders of both Tory and Labour put together, especially that Burlesconi suckling crook who used to live down the road from Charing Cross station.

Were it not for the much bemoaned era of style over substance, he would have been cast as the elder statesman, and could have walked into the top job 40 years ago as the man he is now.

HOLA4419
Hopeless at what please? Or is this ageist reasoning? If one READS what he says, rather than, as some do, LOOK at him and write him off due to age, he actually stands out as one of the more wise, sensible and knowedgeable leaders of any political party in years.

I was appalled when the Beeb pulled together a bunch of "focus group" people and asked their opinions on the three main party leaders, and all but perhaps one girl in this focus group slagged off Campbell PURELY because of his age, citing the most breathtakingly shallow and vacuous reasoning.

VP

I am totally against ageism, but you did have to admit that Ming was a boring old tw@t.

HOLA4420
Exactly!

More brains and integrity than the last two leaders of both Tory and Labour put together, especially that Burlesconi suckling crook who used to live down the road from Charing Cross station.

Were it not for the much bemoaned era of style over substance, he would have been cast as the elder statesman, and could have walked into the top job 40 years ago as the man he is now.

Mutually back slapping here! Precisely, and I'm no particular fan of the liberals. As an addendum, most of what's said here about Brown has truth in it, but I find it extraordinary that ONE statement in the house about inheritance tax can swing a nationwide bias to labour of 10 points to 13 or so points against in virtually 24 hours. That speaks volumes for the gullibility of the popuation in knee-jerk reaction to a single policy statement that appears to be flawed in its ability to raise necessary cash from other sources. But never mind that...apparently just one speech by an opposition Treasurer is enough to change the entire national opinion.

How shallow! How empty! It's a story even Kafka could not have thought of...being too bizarre even for his surreal mind.

VP

HOLA4421
I am totally against ageism, but you did have to admit that Ming was a boring old tw@t.

What do you expect him to do....go on bungy jumps, or place big whoofer speakers into the back of his Jaguar? History is peppered with people who do their best work at a ripe age, and who are not narcissistic and vain. Einstein was pretty "boring" by the standards you appear to be expressing. We do not require politicians who are "exciting"...that is the trap Americans fall into every time they vote for a president. The need for "exciting" and "charismatic" leaders is the reason why those leaders uniformly fail those that voted for them.

Leaders are required to be iconic only by the morons of the world. It is tabloid mentality applied to something which should rise above such shallow notions. There are two sorts of charisma: One is vain, hollow and attention-seeking. The other is won through a genuine desire to better the lives of others through intelligence, wisdom and conviction. I don't think Ming Campbell is particularly invested with either, but I would rather have him than a "dashing" lightweight who is all charm and no substance.

VP

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
What do you expect him to do....go on bungy jumps, or place big whoofer speakers into the back of his Jaguar? History is peppered with people who do their best work at a ripe age, and who are not narcissistic and vain. Einstein was pretty "boring" by the standards you appear to be expressing. We do not require politicians who are "exciting"...that is the trap Americans fall into every time they vote for a president. The need for "exciting" and "charismatic" leaders is the reason why those leaders uniformly fail those that voted for them.

Leaders are required to be iconic only by the morons of the world. It is tabloid mentality applied to something which should rise above such shallow notions. There are two sorts of charisma: One is vain, hollow and attention-seeking. The other is won through a genuine desire to better the lives of others through intelligence, wisdom and conviction. I don't think Ming Campbell is particularly invested with either, but I would rather have him than a "dashing" lightweight who is all charm and no substance.

VP

Beautifully put. You deserve a gold star.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425