House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nelly

This Year Is A Disaster!

We looked at a house on saturday so they phoned me today

Its on at £150 I said tell em £120 :)

Anyway I said later - well nowts selling anyway

he replied - I know its been a disaster this year

When I pushed him on it the ******** overdrive kicked in and he then claimed their still selling as many houses as they did last year <------ really you f*ckin liar? so why did you just say disaster then?

Either that or last year was a disaster too :)

We looked at a house on saturday so they phoned me today

Its on at £150 I said tell em £120 :)

Anyway I said later - well nowts selling anyway

he replied - I know its been a disaster this year

When I pushed him on it the ******** overdrive kicked in and he then claimed their still selling as many houses as they did last year <------ really you f*ckin liar? so why did you just say disaster then?

Either that or last year was a disaster too :)

Shock horror: salesman agrees with whatever client says in attempt to secure a sale.

You mug.

:rolleyes:

Shock horror: salesman agrees with whatever client says in attempt to secure a sale.

You mug.

Are you f*ckin stupid?

He blurted out by accident then spent 5 minutes desperately trying to back pedal

I dont understand how anyone with any intelligence at all, would genuinely think that the housing market is going to improve.

Dont you get it at all.

People are not buying, thats what Nelly is trying to tell you. It doesnt take much to comprehend that if people arnt buying, then others arnt selling and if no sales are going through or far less than normal, an EA is going to say this year has been disasterous.

Is anything unclear or are you simply yanking our chains.

I dont understand how anyone with any intelligence at all, would genuinely think that the housing market is going to improve.

Dont you get it at all.

People are not buying, thats what Nelly is trying to tell you. It doesnt take much to comprehend that if people arnt buying, then others arnt selling and if no sales are going through or far less than normal, an EA is going to say this year has been disasterous.

Sorry, but mortgage approvals show that plenty of people are still buying, enough to keep the prices rising for the foreseeable future. What bit of that do you not understand?

Dont you get it at all.

Its a bit early for anyone to start calling the market. Only when there is definitive data from LR stats and its repeated over a period of time can we say for sure. Until then, one persons argument is as valid as the next.

Sorry, but mortgage approvals show that plenty of people are still buying, enough to keep the prices rising for the foreseeable future. What bit of that do you not understand?

Link please.

Its a bit early for anyone to start calling the market. Only when there is definitive data from LR stats and its repeated over a period of time can we say for sure. Until then, one persons argument is as valid as the next.

Yes, too early yet to call although clearly not all arguments are equal. For example, if I said the lizards were secretly controlling house prices you'd be hard pressed to claim this was as valid as more reasonable ones. At the moment, I would say the bearish arguments have the upper hand given the evidence we know but that the evidence is far from conclusive.

Get your own links, I'm not your biatch!

There are threads covering this issue so you can have a look. But rest assured that mortgage approvals are still high.

Cant backup your claims, dont spout them off.

Cant backup your claims, dont spout them off.

Hold your water, noob, and do two minute's research: put "spline" into the search engine and go to his site.

Yes, too early yet to call although clearly not all arguments are equal. For example, if I said the lizards were secretly controlling house prices you'd be hard pressed to claim this was as valid as more reasonable ones. At the moment, I would say the bearish arguments have the upper hand given the evidence we know but that the evidence is far from conclusive.

If all the bear arguments were correct, why has it not happened so far? The problem is economics in the present day is too complex and is evolving. To simply use historical events as a basis for backing a bears argument has proven to be unreliable and we have the recent years to prove it.

So for the moment, its wise to be open minded until we have concrete evidence

Arguments for a crash sometimes remind me of reports of UFO's. Lots of people claim they are out there but until one has landed on the whitehouse lawn, accept that not everyone will believe you.

Re the lizards, that depends on whether your last name is IKE.

Hold your water, noob, and do two minute's research: put "spline" into the search engine and go to his site.

Mortgage approvals are down. I already knew that.

What I object to is VI's coming on here shouting their mouths off. When you aks them to back up their claim, you get attitude. Present your 4cking evidence or keep stum.

Edited by debt-free

Get your own links, I'm not your biatch!

If you make an assertion, the onus is on you to substantiate.

Its quite simple really....

You mug.

Smell the fear - you're sailing a bit close to the wind. You'll get banned if you carry on being so aggressive. I've read a few of your posts recently and you need to back off a bit.

This is a good site - don't spoil it.

Hi debt-free – Surprisingly, the BoE mortgage approvals are still strong (as are RICS sales-to-stock), well above the neutral level but trending down slowly, and correspond to a current HPI of around 7-9% p/a depeding on how you calibrate to account for the reduced feed-thru post 2005.

Graphs of approvals and correlation

http://www.houseprices.uk.net/art...s/property transactions/

BoE statistical database, approvals data, LPMVTU + LPMVTVX

http://213.225.136.206/mfsd/iadb/FromShowC...&POINT.y=11

Edited by spline

Smell the fear - you're sailing a bit close to the wind. You'll get banned if you carry on being so aggressive. I've read a few of your posts recently and you need to back off a bit.

Although vocal, smell the fear is not the forerunner for strong aggressive style of writing , plenty of bears on ere who jump on newbies and bulls like a pack of hyenas, some of whom are vets of site.

Agree he's been winding up a few people today, me included, stuff like house prices to rise 10% every year for the next 50 odd years :lol:

Just because claims of mortgage approvals are 'up, does not, in any ways shape or form, mean prices will go up or are going up. That mentallity is strictly for the clueless.

Although vocal, smell the fear is not the forerunner for strong aggressive style of writing , plenty of bears on ere who jump on newbies and bulls like a pack of hyenas, some of whom are vets of site.

A point i have raised many times. Some aggression can be expected on a board where there can be vastly opposing views but shooting down newbies seems infantile.

Whatever! :lol:

Yeah good argument mate!

You'll do well on the internet its f*ckin full of morons who havent a clue.

They say something...... realise they just been a c0ck....... and reply with 'whatever'