House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sealaw2000

I Can't Bear It Any Longer

OK, that's it. I GIVE UP.

I've been on HPC pretty much since the beginning. Based on my own conviction, but bolstered in part by the opinions of this site, I have not brought a house. I don't see property as an investment, and I've never wanted a crash in order to grab a bargain (I always have been, and still am, able to buy a place (albeit with a big mortgage)). I've just wanted the market to behave in a rational way for a few years to give me some reassurance that I can buy a place and not be terrified of negative equity due to a crazy market correcting itself.

Every year I have thought this would be the year for HPI to at least reduce to reasonable levels. After years of lost opportunities (and lost equity) the Rightmove increase in asking prices this month has finally convinced me that there simply will not be a crash. I can't explain it, I think prices are crazy (I'm in outer London) but if, after the credit crunch, NR, interest rate rises etc, prices still surge ahead, nothing other than a civil war or a massive down turn in the economy is going to bring them down. Neither seems likely.

So long, I'm off to buy a house.

Guest The_Oldie

I've been on HPC pretty much since the beginning. Based on my own conviction, but bolstered in part by the opinions of this site, I have not brought a house. I don't see property as an investment, and I've never wanted a crash in order to grab a bargain (I always have been, and still am, able to buy a place (albeit with a big mortgage)). I've just wanted the market to behave in a rational way for a few years to give me some reassurance that I can buy a place and not be terrified of negative equity due to a crazy market correcting itself.

Every year I have thought this would be the year for HPI to at least reduce to reasonable levels. After years of lost opportunities (and lost equity) the Rightmove increase in asking prices this month has finally convinced me that there simply will not be a crash. I can't explain it, I think prices are crazy (I'm in outer London) but if, after the credit crunch, NR, interest rate rises etc, prices still surge ahead, nothing other than a civil war or a massive down turn in the economy is going to bring them down. Neither seems likely.

Nothing new there then.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=29833&st=0

Guest AuntJess
Don't do that just yet.

Wait another year or two and your time will come. My prediction is end of 2nd Quarter 2009. We should see falling prices across ALL markets.

The reasons why another year or two have been discussed to the infinite degree.

Good Luck in what you decide to do though.

Agreed. Don't fall at the last hurdle after persevering for so long. :D

beginning 05? tell that to the 04 members :P

Moosetea, member number : 552

Guest pioneer31
beginning 05? tell that to the 04 members :P

Moosetea, member number : 552

darn! you beat me by 2 days!