House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheer Heart Attack

Newjerusalem.com

The new thread on immigration reminded me of a discussion I was having with some of the lads on holiday this summer.

In all my short 34 years on this Earth, I have NEVER EVER known such widespread dissatisfaction with Britain. I remember as little as 10 years' ago thinking it was quirky, interesting and funny place - a place I was proud of being a part of and I could never ever see myself moving abroad.

Now, it's gone to pot. The government lies to take us to war - in fact, they lie all the time. They're not at all interested in raising the country's game and turning us into an economic and intellectual powerhouse again. House prices are ridiculous, they strangle business in red tape. And, they couldn't even give bar owners the choice of creating sealed-off ventilated smoking rooms in their pubs. Add to that, we're being constantly preached at about how awful we are as people because we don't believe in this, that and the other. What a freaking nightmare.

Plus, according to this morning's Times, Christmas lights in town and city centres are too much of a health and safety hazard

So, what can be done about it?

A pre-arranged mass transfer of Britain's brightest to a newly-created dependancy of another country. Rather like the relationship of Jersey to the UK.

Britain's brightest means anyone with a work ethic and anyone willing to invest in New Jerusalem. White, black, yellow, brown - anyone who is British is welcome as long as they share the values of New Jerusalem.

We persuade a North African Country to allow us to buy a large area of land on which we can create this new dependancy. You have 6 months to register your interest at the website and commit to moving to and investing in the new country.

With the money raised, we buy the land, create houses, offices, roads and infrastructure. We create a new society based upon tolerance, fairness, lack of interference and hard work. Then, when the dependancy is ready, we have our mass transfer.

We live in a new country based upon what used to be great about Britain. The host country gets 100,000 or more of Britain's finest, along with a huge transfer of wealth to start the depedancy as a trusted ally. They benefit from the tax we pay them every year and the talent we bring to them and New Jerusalem.

Is this a runner? Does it have legs?

Would you move to New Jerusalem and what would you want it to be like?

Maybe consider Isle of White, srategistcaly very good for visiting relatives,imports/exports etc. Just needs a bit of shoring up on the seaward side.

I seem to remember it's been suggested before, probably in the US.

Anyway, I'm staying here to fight. It's my country and I want it back.

I seem to remember it's been suggested before, probably in the US.

Anyway, I'm staying here to fight. It's my country and I want it back.

Sorry I was trying to be mildly sarcastic. I'm of the same opinion that the native population should stay put, but I can't see how any change can happen without alot of civil disruption. I'm hoping that when the shti hits the fan and we are in a recession/depression alot of the cheap immigrant labour will return to their homelands.

Nope, not for me thanks, I'd just die. Defective Mc1r proteins and all that, and it's just too damn' hot. I was ruminating on this last night, as I sat about in a t-shirt with the front door open at eight o'clock last night.

Most of the way up a heather-capped hill in Scotland, in October. :huh:

It's too dang hot for my tastes here now, never mind A-frikkin-ka.

How about a splinter group to head for Greenland? Should be getting a bit like Lewis up there in a few years B)

Would I still have to cope with the Danes though, or can you just go and ask the Inuit?

Add to that, we're being constantly preached at about how awful we are as people because we don't believe in this, that and the other. What a freaking nightmare.

From the site:

"The loving heart of Jesus will sanctify and glorify us before his heavenly Father in the measure in which we exert ourselves to procure glory for him and to increase the reign of of his love in the hearts of men."

I think there may be a fair amount of preaching in this new utopia too.

Plus, according to this morning's Times, Christmas lights in town and city centres are too much of a health and safety hazard

This sort of thing is normally made up. Which towns was it?

Maybe consider Isle of White, srategistcaly very good for visiting relatives,imports/exports etc. Just needs a bit of shoring up on the seaward side.

I live on the Isle of Wight already. The one thing one could say about the natives is that their work ethic is questionable. Manana seems quick on the Island. B)

Guest AuntJess
Nope, not for me thanks, I'd just die. Defective Mc1r proteins and all that, and it's just too damn' hot. I was ruminating on this last night, as I sat about in a t-shirt with the front door open at eight o'clock last night.

Most of the way up a heather-capped hill in Scotland, in October. :huh:

It's too dang hot for my tastes here now, never mind A-frikkin-ka.

How about a splinter group to head for Greenland? Should be getting a bit like Lewis up there in a few years B)

Would I still have to cope with the Danes though, or can you just go and ask the Inuit?

Yep me too! I don't want to go and frizzle my skin in North Africa. Most of my country-hopping contemporaries who have been following the sun all year round - for years! - look like handbags... I don't.I aim to keep it that way. ^_^

Yep me too! I don't want to go and frizzle my skin in North Africa. Most of my country-hopping contemporaries who have been following the sun all year round - for years! - look like handbags... I don't.I aim to keep it that way. ^_^

Wise words, AJ. Me, I'm off to Spain in a couple of days - but taking the factor 30 with me.

As to Utopia - too good to be true. One can't help thinking that it would soon be spoiled by someone. After all, everyone's idea of utopia is different. For instance, are the men expecting their 80 virgins to be waiting for them? :lol::lol: