House Price Crash Forum

Can This Be Pinned Please ..... Programme On

GAL BEAR

HOLA441

I am pretty sad in that I always buy the RADIO TIMES....

Anyway I noticed there is a programme on NEXT THURSDAY at 8pm on BBC 2.

It looks as if it is giving the 'opposing' view of the property market for a change.

There is a very good 1 page write up at the beggining of the RADIO TIMES (PAGE 48 I THINK)

giving a whole set of reasons why people have been 'duped' into buying property, mostly when they

could not afford it.

I can't recall what the programme is called but I think it has a 'sarcastic' sort of title.

I think it is a series over a few weeks and is a 'proper' factual programme by the look of it.

Anyway, can this be pinned so everyone sees this message.Thanks...

................................................................................

BY THE WAY ....... those of you interested, am still trying to sell my mum's flat.

Have reduced by £10,000 and decluttered etc. still no luck...... :blink:

Watch this space.

Edited by GAL BEAR

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Is this is - The Truth about Property ?

A new three-part series on the difficulties of buying a home. Getting on and staying on the property ladder has never been so difficult. Whether you are buying, selling or trying to keep up with the mortgage payments no-one seems certain where the market is headed. Andrew Verity travels the country discovering just how far homebuyers stretch themselves to get on the ladder and questions if they are wise to do so now. And he meets those already there battling to keep their homes.

HOLA446
I am pretty sad in that I always buy the RADIO TIMES....

Anyway I noticed there is a programme on NEXT THURSDAY at 8pm on BBC 2.

It looks as if it is giving the 'opposing' view of the property market for a change.

There is a very good 1 page write up at the beggining of the RADIO TIMES (PAGE 48 I THINK)

giving a whole set of reasons why people have been 'duped' into buying property, mostly when they

could not afford it.

I can't recall what the programme is called but I think it has a 'sarcastic' sort of title.

I think it is a series over a few weeks and is a 'proper' factual programme by the look of it.

Anyway, can this be pinned so everyone sees this message.Thanks...

................................................................................

BY THE WAY ....... those of you interested, am still trying to sell my mum's flat.

Watch this space.

The Truth About Property

BBC 2Thursday, October 18th, 20078:00pm to 9:00pm

A new three-part series on the difficulties of buying a home. Getting on and staying on the property ladder has never been so difficult. Whether you are buying, selling or trying to keep up with the mortgage payments no-one seems certain where the market is headed. Andrew Verity travels the country discovering just how far homebuyers stretch themselves to get on the ladder and questions if they are wise to do so now. And he meets those already there battling to keep their homes.Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles

Edited by happy?

HOLA447
The Truth About Property

BBC 2Thursday, October 18th, 20078:00pm to 9:00pm

A new three-part series on the difficulties of buying a home. Getting on and staying on the property ladder has never been so difficult. Whether you are buying, selling or trying to keep up with the mortgage payments no-one seems certain where the market is headed. Andrew Verity travels the country discovering just how far homebuyers stretch themselves to get on the ladder and questions if they are wise to do so now. And he meets those already there battling to keep their homes.Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles

I have it in my calender alerts.

HOLA448
HOLA449

GB

The only way to sell is get people interested first - there are fewer buyers so ensure the price is low enough to get them to view.

good luck

fp

HOLA4410

Damn i knew there was something i forgot to post on here, the beeb actually have a car painted with "The truth about property" driving round where i live.

Pretty wierd as i thought the they never advertise on cars i can only assume its one of their employees with a passion.

If anyone else is in manc look out for it.

Its erm red.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
GB

The only way to sell is get people interested first - there are fewer buyers so ensure the price is low enough to get them to view.

good luck

fp

YES, thanks FP, we are just going to keep reducing the price until it sells. its a damn good indication of how bad the market is, even a few months ago it would have sold within a few days.

I must be the only seller in the UK who is glad the market is falling!!!

We inherited the flat and have been priced out of the market for years, now at least if we have to reduce the flat t sell it, should mean we get money off when we go to buy, most sellers don't seem to get this. I'm not sure why..... :blink:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Watch this space.

Hopefully she has made money on it and is selling just at the right time .... good luck

HOLA4419

Set your recorders now. Videoplus number for part 1 is 5925.

And I should point out that the Radio Times offers an outstanding free online TV guide. You can jump weeks in advance and get listings for every terrestrial and cable/satellite channel. All fully customisable to suit your favourite channels too.

Anyway, here's the info for part 2:

Thursday 25 October

8:00pm - 9:00pm

BBC2

A three-part series on the difficulties of buying a home. In part two, Andrew Verity travels the country discovering how much some homeowners have made but finds others having problems moving up the property ladder. So is property still a good investment? And have you hit the jackpot or are high property prices the very thing which stands between you and your dream home?

VIDEO Plus+: 4800

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Sad about Shirleys' repo from the 'Sell to let'. Apologies if mentioned, but on bbc 1 o'clock news they had a brief mention about calls for the sell to let market to be regulated.

"There are more than 300,000 sub prime mortgages in uk" :o

Sad though that is, 300k is not that bad (especially if they do not become distressed).

HOLA4424
HOLA4425