House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tuberider

110,000 % Returns

Why believe Zimbabwean EAs when you don't believe UK ones? Bet HPI was more like 6000% - but it is not that property prices have gone up but that the ZWD has collapsed FFS. What kind of a f'tard wrote that drivel?

Edited by Sledgehead

It is not that property prices have gone up but that the ZWD has collapsed FFS. What kind of a f'tard wrote that drivel?

probably someone with an eye on coaxing a few ex-pat pennies back into the country.

Done wonders for their economy and country that HPI ain't it? :rolleyes:

It is not that property prices have gone up but that the ZWD has collapsed FFS. What kind of a f'tard wrote that drivel?

I agree, but isn't it an internal Zimbabwe newspaper? I think it is just saying that in hyperinflation, having a tangible asset such as a house helps to protect your capital.

Probably not worth any more than a pebble on Brighton beach in real terms.

I agree, but isn't it an internal Zimbabwe newspaper? I think it is just saying that in hyperinflation, having a tangible asset such as a house helps to protect your capital.

Probably not worth any more than a pebble on Brighton beach in real terms.

Agreed. But what sort of person would want to live there anyway. Hang on, think I remember the answer to that :

_40902502_hoog_pa_203x260.jpg

Crooked, ruthless and avaricious: how Van Hoogstraten built a fortune on terror

As one of Zimbabwe's biggest foreign landowners, Van Hoogstraten, 57, sought to curry favour with President Robert Mugabe in an attempt to protect his farming and mining interests.

Agreed. But what sort of person would want to live there anyway. Hang on, think I remember the answer to that :

_40902502_hoog_pa_203x260.jpg

Crooked, ruthless and avaricious: how Van Hoogstraten built a fortune on terror

As one of Zimbabwe's biggest foreign landowners, Van Hoogstraten, 57, sought to curry favour with President Robert Mugabe in an attempt to protect his farming and mining interests.

Nice guy.

Doesn't sound like even he actually lived there.

Why believe Zimbabwean EAs when you don't believe UK ones? Bet HPI was more like 6000% - but it is not that property prices have gone up but that the ZWD has collapsed FFS. What kind of a f'tard wrote that drivel?

Given that the Herald is owned by the Zim government and therefore Robert Ebagum; who could ever doubt the truth of a single word :unsure:

What amazes me is that they continue to report figures in quite matter-of-fact terms. "Yes, we've had one million percent HPI, y'know." Even when you need a wheelbarrow of Zim dollars to buy a carrot they still actually use the paper money to trade in. Sorry, but in my book the carrot is the money now.

Unfortunately Joe Public in Zim can't just say pay me in US$ or no deal because if they ever got their hands on hard currency the govt would swipe it.

I believe they do have some sort of ex-pat currency where to make a purchase you arrange for money to be transfered from one person abroad to another person aboard. And then they nip over the border to SA to spend their earnings once or twice a month -- come back loaded with supplies.

Sorry, but in my book the carrot is the money now.

You say that , but you'd soon get hacked off with every street trader and his uncle asking "Do you have anything smaller?" :P

100billion for a property! lol

Its interesting though that on HPC the idea that if it happened "there" then it *could* happen here. This argument applies to any country where a crash has happened but not one which has seen massive inflation. No suprise, becuase many regular posters have a vested interest of their own and are happy to relate to countries that suit however incomparable they may be.

But if the UK isnt different as we are so often told... why couldnt it happen here. Maybe the idea that all property will be a £1m sooner or later isnt so crazy. Afterall, we have our very own crazed leader ;)!

Of course I write in jest, I know very well that the UK is "different". But its interesting that in other arguments the idea that the UK is different is an impossability. The UK is Japan. etc. It happened there. etc. Hmmm, Im standing by our differences. Im pretty sure they even speak Foreign over there ;)!