House Price Crash Forum
cannycat

The B&b Green Pixie (and Other Annoying Mortgage Ads)

Until recently I thought I was the only one who wants to throw something at the tv every time the annoying green pixie in the bowler hat appears on TV for B&B! I hadn't noticed the background subliminal message until someone here pointed it out.

Thoroughly encouraged by the reactions of others on this board to the impossibly annoying drip, drip, drip of advertising for BTL (especially on cable channels), I'd like to nominate another thoroughly aggravating advert.

Tonight on LivingTV there have been adverts for widetrack.co.uk encouraging "2nd homers", "buy to let", "or even 3rd homers". Hm, anyone but me notice the absence of FTBs or even people to actually live in a house full-time as a target audience?!

Could we all start a campaign to complain to the ASA about these ghastly adverts? I'm delighted those horrible Picture loans have had complaints registered against them but I'd like to see all of these parasites disappear from our screens! (And yes, I know I can turn over, but the BBC isn't much better. There, it's disguised as 'programming'.)

My nominations so far are

1) the green pixie

2) insidetrack

I agree, the irritiating B&B woman with the bowler hat should be immediately boiled in oil. Perhaps if that's too quick, we could somehow infect B&B executives with all the pain and suffering that their perpetual fiat money machine has caused this generation who've been brainwashed into accepting home ownership as the only acceptable form of existence. Any other advertising that encourages BTL (because they are the only buyers left) is clearly acting out of desperation and it shouldn't be too long before we see a huge rush of mis-selling scandals hit the screens. We've already seen the beginning of it with Mondays Panorama etc.

Edited by BarrelShifter

Until recently I thought I was the only one who wants to throw something at the tv every time the annoying green pixie in the bowler hat appears on TV for B&B! I hadn't noticed the background subliminal message until someone here pointed it out.

Thoroughly encouraged by the reactions of others on this board to the impossibly annoying drip, drip, drip of advertising for BTL (especially on cable channels), I'd like to nominate another thoroughly aggravating advert.

Tonight on LivingTV there have been adverts for widetrack.co.uk encouraging "2nd homers", "buy to let", "or even 3rd homers". Hm, anyone but me notice the absence of FTBs or even people to actually live in a house full-time as a target audience?!

Could we all start a campaign to complain to the ASA about these ghastly adverts? I'm delighted those horrible Picture loans have had complaints registered against them but I'd like to see all of these parasites disappear from our screens! (And yes, I know I can turn over, but the BBC isn't much better. There, it's disguised as 'programming'.)

My nominations so far are

1) the green pixie

2) insidetrack

LOL. I actually think that girly is very attractive, pretty and kinda girly sexy in the bowler hat set up with big eyelashes and well stated expressions. As the lads say in the pub, "I would, and twice on sundays".

M

LOL. I actually think that girly is very attractive, pretty and kinda girly sexy in the bowler hat set up with big eyelashes and well stated expressions. As the lads say in the pub, "I would, and twice on sundays".

M

Oh good - It's not just me then :rolleyes: