House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dubsie

Job Market

After 4 years of being self employed, I've decided I might want to return to employment. Well I did until I saw what's actually on offer.

Its looking very bleak in the job papers, very little choice at all. Best jobs appear to be working for the public sector and vacancies in my trade are looking very thin.

4 Years ago there was too much choice, what's happening.

After 4 years of being self employed, I've decided I might want to return to employment. Well I did until I saw what's actually on offer.

Its looking very bleak in the job papers, very little choice at all. Best jobs appear to be working for the public sector and vacancies in my trade are looking very thin.

Not much work for oil lamp wick trimmers around here either mate. Sorry.

I'm afraid it's often who you know, not what. Sorry but it is.

That said, write a few dozen letters in cold to prospective employers and you never know.

Best of luck.