House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice

3.5bn Quid In The New Budget For The So Called War On Terror

The war on teror is a war on the public to put them in fear and get more taxes from them and the stupid thing is we let them when we should be demading that MP's are put in jail over the cash for honors scam.

Maybe the war on terror should be covered by the health and saftey act like that inocent guy that got shot in the head ten times by the police on the underground.

Hope you all enjoy founding the polce state that is being created around you all.

The war on teror is a war on the public to put them in fear and get more taxes from them and the stupid thing is we let them when we should be demading that MP's are put in jail over the cash for honors scam.

Maybe the war on terror should be covered by the health and saftey act like that inocent guy that got shot in the head ten times by the police on the underground.

Hope you all enjoy founding the polce state that is being created around you all.

I'll be signing your petition to get the MP scammers into jail.

I vote we all start the war against that police state by getting airguns and taking out all speed and surveillance cameras. Then we get the H & S legislation repealed. ;)

I'll be signing your petition to get the MP scammers into jail.

I vote we all start the war against that police state by getting airguns and taking out all speed and surveillance cameras. Then we get the H & S legislation repealed. ;)

The devil always like to change the rules and has banned us from having real guns over the years and air guns would not touch a speed camera so guess we will need to fight fire with fire and get real guns.

It's good to know your goverment does not trust the people of the country to bear armys, i'm off to switland

$hit looks like they will soon be spending some of that massive 3.5bn quid on watching me for saying that.

The devil always like to change the rules and has banned us from having real guns over the years and air guns would not touch a speed camera so guess we will need to fight fire with fire and get real guns.

It's good to know your goverment does not trust the people of the country to bear armys, i'm off to switland

$hit looks like they will soon be spending some of that massive 3.5bn quid on watching me for saying that.

yes, they will.

The only thing keeping these evil mother******ers from sticking anyone they don't like into concentration camps is force of habit at looking at public opiion. Once they realise that we are helpless and they don't have to, the fun will begin.

Armed populations are free populations. Why do you think there is such horror in the media about knife crime?

is it because gordo and chums care about the flock, or is it because it pushes up the costs of tax collection and makes police vulnerable when they want to act the twit?

Armed populations are free populations. Why do you think there is such horror in the media about knife crime?

Probably because there is a large increase in people being stabbed, especially by teenagers ? :blink:

Probably because there is a large increase in people being stabbed, especially by teenagers ? :blink:

These would be unarmed people, right?

THe answer to people wandering around with knives is for everyone who wants one to have a gun.

These would be unarmed people, right?

THe answer to people wandering around with knives is for everyone who wants one to have a gun.

And that really works in the USA, doesn't it !!! :lol:

And that really works in the USA, doesn't it !!! :lol:

Works very well there and very well everywhere else.

The difference between the states and everywhere else is the size of the US government. What really leads to violence is a disparity of power. THis is why (for instance) that so many women and children are abused compared to men.

The logic isn't hard to fathom!

The logic isn't hard to fathom!

:blink::blink::blink:

Using the immortal words, What you talkin'' 'bout, Willis ?

You give everybody guns, you'll get more violence. I would have thought that was pretty obvious, even to a Philosophy student. But then, Philosopy has f**k all to do with real life !!

:blink::blink::blink:

Using the immortal words, What you talkin'' 'bout, Willis ?

You give everybody guns, you'll get more violence. I would have thought that was pretty obvious, even to a Philosophy student. But then, Philosopy has f**k all to do with real life !!

No, you'll get much less.

The largest problem of violence theft etc is the state.

With an armed population, the state has some real limits on what it can do to people. Notice how the US is a nightmare on legs to everyone abroad but it's citizens have been left alone at home to a greater extent than almost any other nation......this is not bevause the US administrations are benign freedom lovers.

Imagine collecting council tax from armed folks while cutting the services and putting the price up........so overall the amount of theft and violence goes down.

Easy to see, simple logic.

Simple thought experiment -

how would humanity behave if every human could point a finger at any other human and kill them instantly?

Would we -

a_)All be dead in months

or

B) Be incredibly, incredibly courteous and polite at all times?

Obviously B.

No, you'll get much less.

The largest problem of violence theft etc is the state.

With an armed population, the state has some real limits on what it can do to people. Notice how the US is a nightmare on legs to everyone abroad but it's citizens have been left alone at home to a greater extent than almost any other nation......this is not bevause the US administrations are benign freedom lovers.

Imagine collecting council tax from armed folks while cutting the services and putting the price up........so overall the amount of theft and violence goes down.

Easy to see, simple logic.

Simple thought experiment -

how would humanity behave if every human could point a finger at any other human and kill them instantly?

Would we -

a_)All be dead in months

or

B) Be incredibly, incredibly courteous and polite at all times?

Obviously B.

I agree with you there Injin. An armed society is a polite society.

Countys in America in which local laws make gun ownership mandatory have pratically zero rates of home intrusions and muggings. Conversly those states which limit gun ownership tend to have the highest rates of violent assaults.

Fact: Criminals like disarmed victims.

Fact: Criminals fear armed householders more than the police.

This isn't the sole isue as cultural factors come into play. Places like Somalia have high levels of gun ownership but high levels of violence though s in most of Africa it tends to be those who have no weapons that become victims.

People cite America as an exampe of what happens when citizens are armed but ignore places like Canada and Switzerland. In any event most parts of America have crime rates much lower than the UK.

You're effectively advocating anarchy. I'm impressed, but a little bewildered by your faith in human nature. There are a lot of decent, honest people in the world, but there are also a lot of scum who'll not think twice about ripping yer head off and spitting down your neck. And if you arm them, they'll do precisely that.

And your wrong. The answer to your thought experiment is C) - A small fraction of the human race will survive, as people attempt to exert their own will over others.

This is in fact what happens on a day to day basis, and is simple animalistic behaviour. The only thing that truly prevents people from doing exactly what they want is the fear of retribution. Take that away, and there's nothing left.

You're effectively advocating anarchy. I'm impressed, but a little bewildered by your faith in human nature. There are a lot of decent, honest people in the world, but there are also a lot of scum who'll not think twice about ripping yer head off and spitting down your neck. And if you arm them, they'll do precisely that.

And your wrong. The answer to your thought experiment is C) - A small fraction of the human race will survive, as people attempt to exert their own will over others.

This is in fact what happens on a day to day basis, and is simple animalistic behaviour. The only thing that truly prevents people from doing exactly what they want is the fear of retribution. Take that away, and there's nothing left.

The starting point for my argument is that everyone is an evil loon who will abuse power the second they get it.

Let's say you are in a room with 12 people and one murders someone else. What are you going to want to do, rationally?

You are going to want to stop them before it's your turn and the other 10 are going to feel pretty much the same way.

It's only when that murderer has an unnassailable amount of force at his disposal that you are helpless. This is why all corrupt assholes everywhere love the defenceless and want more of them everyday.

===================

I do advocate anarchy, btw, or more correctly anarcho capitalism/voluntaryism. Nothing else makes sense.

Injin is an anarchist from what I can make out so no suprise there. But he's actually right on this.

Currently in this country guns are easily available but only to those willing to break the purported "law" on this matter.

So we have a situation where the criminals are armed and the public (victims) by and large are not.

By disarming the victims you have removed the "fear of retribution". That's why crminals will brazenly cycle up to a family pub and shoot an 11 year old in the back of the neck. Because they know the chances of anybody returning fire are more or less zero. They know the police probably won't catch them either.

It's why gangs of teenagers have no fear in kicking an adult to death because they know said adult won't be armed with anything more offensive than bad laguage. If the guy had gone out to confront them with a handgun he'd still be alive as the kids would have fled. In fact the mere possibilty he'd have been armed would probably caused the kids to have not been vandalising his car in the first place.