House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kidhannn

Is It The Right Time To Invest In Us And Where?

Does anyone have experience with the US property markets. With the dollar being at its weakest, is it worth buying property in the US now or do we see property prices going further down?

And if its worth buying, where can we expect good rental income etc?

Thanks

Does anyone have experience with the US property markets. With the dollar being at its weakest, is it worth buying property in the US now or do we see property prices going further down?

Thanks

No too early.

The FT says that they have another 12-18 months of falling prices. They are currently 1/2 way through the fall and another 10% or so will come off.

Patience is required.

Thanks

As usual location means all. Try intown Atlanta or Savannah GA. Still underpriced in my opinion. Lots of high paid jobs and massive influx of retirees fed up with FL and companies/staff relocating.

I have also heard parts of NC such as Charlotte and Chapel Hill are very hot.

Avoid FL right now until they sort out the insurance and property tax mess.

Apparently Portland Oregan is also still appreiciating. Its a great place.

If you don't know the market you may be better off investing in REIT's.

As usual location means all. Try intown Atlanta or Savannah GA. Still underpriced in my opinion. Lots of high paid jobs and massive influx of retirees fed up with FL and companies/staff relocating.

I have also heard parts of NC such as Charlotte and Chapel Hill are very hot.

Avoid FL right now until they sort out the insurance and property tax mess.

Apparently Portland Oregan is also still appreiciating. Its a great place.

If you don't know the market you may be better off investing in REIT's.

Hi, do you know if the US property REITS are selling below NAV?

Might be worth a punt but only at a good discount to their value.

The guys at dailywealth.com seem to think that Detroit is filthy cheap. $5000 US gets you nice homes. Great if you are a contrairian investor and buy things people hate. There are a lot of incentives for businesses to setup in Detroit. Google has just openened up a mega office and maybe the car industry can turn around. In the 50s detroit was called the Paris of Amrica. Could it do it again?

The guys at dailywealth.com seem to think that Detroit is filthy cheap. $5000 US gets you nice homes. Great if you are a contrairian investor and buy things people hate. There are a lot of incentives for businesses to setup in Detroit. Google has just openened up a mega office and maybe the car industry can turn around. In the 50s detroit was called the Paris of Amrica. Could it do it again?

you get what you pay for.

the place is $5,000 for a reason, its a dump.

Unless there are mega regeneration plans I wouldn't touch it.

I think it depends why and what you are in. And the numbers do they stack up. Other things for non nationals is, do you understand the IRS and the real estate market in the USA with the way they appreciate/depreciate assets. You have if you have investment mind to make money, look at the fiscal angle. What is it going to cost me to borrow, where do you think the market will be, rental yields, depreciating assets.

There are some great deals in the US, if you know where to get them, and you know what you are doing.