House Price Crash Forum

Panorama Tonight, Bbc1 8.30pm

HOLA441

I can't see this posted so I thought I'd draw attention to it.

The trailer said lenders (insert vomit smilie here) have been giving 16x income loans to people on benefits!

(I must have blinked and missed the introduction of mortgages for the unemployed. How does that work? Surely HB only pays rent? I thought NINJA was just for Americans.)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=151542

Panorama investigation shows
70 per cent of repossessions are from sub-prime market
Tanya Powley - 08-Oct-2007
BBC programme Panorama will report on research which has found that seven out of ten homes repossessed in recent months were owned by sub-prime mortgage borrowers.
Research shows that sub-prime borrowers equate for more than 70 per cent of 7,000 homes repossessed in the last three months.
Panorama, which features tonight at 8.30pm on BBC 1, will feature one borrower - David Bradbury - who was given a 25-year £55,000 mortgage to buy his council house despite living on benefits and being in poor health.
Bradbury now pays an interest rate of over 11 per cent and he and his wife have faced a repossession hearing.
Council of Mortgage Lenders’ statistics show that seventy-seven homes were repossessed every day in the first half of the year, the highest rate for eight years

No subprime in the UK eh. We have been lied to by the VIs.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA445
HOLA446
I can't see this posted so I thought I'd draw attention to it.

The trailer said lenders (insert vomit smilie here) have been giving 16x income loans to people on benefits!

(I must have blinked and missed the introduction of mortgages for the unemployed. How does that work? Surely HB only pays rent? I thought NINJA was just for Americans.)

There was time that 'panarama' ran shocking new stories.

HOLA447

70% of people who can't pay their debts are people who who have financial problems.

No sh*t!

In next week's panorama they investigate the ludicrously high number of hospital patients who are suffering an illness. One doctor (who did not wish to be interviewed on camera) admitted he sometimes admitted patients knowing that they were already ill.

HOLA448
70% of people who can't pay their debts are people who who have financial problems.

No sh*t!

In next week's panorama they investigate the ludicrously high number of hospital patients who are suffering an illness. One doctor (who did not wish to be interviewed on camera) admitted he sometimes admitted patients knowing that they were already ill.

:lol::lol::lol:

And the week after the possible connection between over eating and obesity will be explored.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
In Britannia today the manager told me that the whole industry is $hitting bricks over misselling.

On my way back couldnt help glancing in the EA windows and seeing the staff sitting there with nothing to do :lol:

Surely thats the least of their problems? Getting back the money they loaned out should be their number one priority, especially if its my pension fund thats bought their s**t.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I shall be watching the stars of Minder reunited on Virgin 1 (formerly FTN).

Did programmes such as Panorama signpost the dangers of sub-prime before? No? Then I've no time for their attention-seeking show now, it's best viewed by those for whom it's news. Horse, stable door, and all that.

Of course, we won't mention Tonight on ITV that warned of a property slump far too early - I think even 4 years ago. That was proof that the media can't always sway general opinion at all as prices climbed and climbed after their initial programmes, didn't they. How embarrassing for the experts and the poor STRs featured back then, I'm not taking the p at all, genuinely feel for them.

Edited by The Last Bear

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
It looks like they are only going to show a few extreme examples. I hope they also show a couple of young professionals who took out 6x earnings for a city centre flat expecting future wage rises to see them right.

Yes looks like it so far , only telling us stuff we already know , simple people just being ripped off .

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
It looks like they are only going to show a few extreme examples. I hope they also show a couple of young professionals who took out 6x earnings for a city centre flat expecting future wage rises to see them right.

Selfcert. its not the crack-den single mothers you want to be worried about, its the millions of professionals that had to lie to join the biggest pyramid scheme in history...

Ouch. Its gonna hurt.

Watching this, I feel numb inside. Would any of us expected the BBC to screen this even two months ago? The tide has turned, its unfortunately for millions, the start of a very very painful downhill slope. I am just glad I listened to this website and now have 60% of 1 year's salary in savings....

As for Nigella, I am sorry, but if I wasnt married, she would get it.... HARD! :lol:

Edited by mbga9pgf